Whats a good anti-virus program

XHayatoX

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2012
I've tried AVG and Ad-aware, but they both keep on detecting one of my files as trojan when its not, this is happening when I try to play Yami-iro SnowDrops, it detects it as as trojan and quarantines it, I even added the file in the ignore list but it still quarantines it. is there any anti-virus program that does not automatically detects the exe files as trojan or actually listens to the IGNORE part.

Microsoft Security Essentials is the best free one. If you want a paid one I'd go with either Kaspersky or NOD32.

I used Kaspersky for the longest time...

right now im using Microsoft Essentials and so far I like it, it doesnt quarantine the game anymore and it removes high threat virus quickly also giving description of what kind of virus it is and what it does.

Question for those using Bitdefender, does it detect files that are not viruses or a threat as a virus and quarantine it? cause thats what I was annoyed with AVG and Ad-Aware since they keep on deleting the Yami-iro no Snow Drop game exe even if I dont run it,

Unless you want to shell out or end up getting a cracked version of one of the best two AV's out there (Kaspersky/Nod32), then I wouldn't bother using anything but Microsoft Security Essentials to be honest.

Some of the others are kinda okay, but those have the most friendly interfaces, best detection rates, low false positives (what you're complaining about), the lowest system footprint, and least resources used during scans. They have advanced heuristics too so they can detect things that aren't even in databases yet solely by the way their code is written, and I think that also helps contribute to really low false positive rates.

The only false positive I ever saw with Kaspersky was... well, a crack for Kaspersky. More specifically the dll it replaced in the Kaspersky directory, but I think that makes sense since it would assume some malicious program has tried to alter its code. You can set directories or specific files to be ignored though, so even that wasn't a big deal.

The most popular two Norton & Macafee have absolutely terrible false positive rates, use high resources, and don't have very good detection compared to Kaspersky & Nod32 - so stay away from those two.

Indeed, if you have a genuine (or properly cracked) Windows 7, Microsoft Security Essentials is the best choice for you.
I use avast! Internet Security, since I hardly play games, just surf and 2D world... xDDD

Hehe sir, we use the same stuff *highfives* xD

I have to agree on some points on that. Most firewalls are useless unless you already have a old firewall that worked well that uses a basic approach.

Personally I use Avast as well since Norton was burning a hole in my pocket every year.

Anyone using Microsoft Security Essentials might want to check out their recent certification test that they failed.

if you're using a crack for a game, than sometimes it'll be mistaken for a trojan. that's true with all anti viruses. norton has been known to cause problems with some computers. i use avast for my computers. it has a "continue excecution" option if something isn't confirmed to be a virus i.e. a crack.

If I'm ever forced to install an anti-virus on someone's machine, I go for avira since its free and lightweight.

But honestly, I've never needed an AV. If I ever do get virusses, I simply format (you backup regularly, right :D). That being said, I haven't had a virus is years...

Another Avast user here as well! I haven't had a problem with it yet *fingers crossed*, though I do run a lot of my games through my external hard drive.

Current using Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection. It's quick and get corporate level protection.

Microsoft Security Essential works best with windows computers.
also its free for genuine user.
i dont trust the antivirus that require payment.
because they have limit their protection based on how much you pay like AVG Free, Kaspersky, etc
anyway, norton is the worst

I used to always use PC-cillen (Trend Micro) because there is a deal at my dad's work where he can install it on home computers for free (they must have an enormous licence, but it is probably for several hundred computers). That aside, I don't think I have ever actually gotten a virus.
Now with my computer I made over the holidays and put win 8 on it, I couldn't get their version to work anymore. I figure that with a boot ssd and windows security I will probably be a-okay. Worst comes to worst I will just format and throw the programs back on. That would always be a good excuse to update drivers, anyways. :P

Just stick with Microsoft Security Essentials and keep a level head when on the internet. That has always been more than enough for me. On my web surfing netbook I don't even have MSE, and I have never gotten a single PC infection. If you want something with a bit more brawn though, I think the best of the best is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO.

I've personally never needed active protection as strong as MAMP, but it is less resource intensive than more other anti-virus programs I've given a shot.

In my experience, don't even bother with a firewall. It's system footprint outweighs the benefits they provide, and any determined hacker or well-designed virus will make short work of any firewall. If you need a firewall, your only real option is a hardware firewall. Be prepared to shell out premium prices for those though.

In my experience, virus protection isn't worth the resources they take up, or the slow-down they cause on system start-up. I just back-up my files on a 3TB external HDD (only $60 on sale), and I reformat my computer if anything goes wrong, which is only 1-2 times per year, if that.

Last edited:
I use avast, it blocks most of the viruses, but in case there is some REALLY anoyying virus I use superanti spyware.
oh yea and superanti spyware deletes the torjans for me if that is your virus of choice.
hope I helped ya :goodtea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/