What's better - torrents or DDLs?

What do you prefer

• Total voters

Ruyzan

bunny maid :3
Elite Member
Sep 20, 2011
What do you use most torrent or part files .
here in anime sharing .

Last edited:
Since torrent in here have very little choice, I had to use part files. But I usually DL them from my office, coz it got better internet connection there than my house.

It depends on your ISP, if your ISP throttles P2P activities and you are bandwidth capped then I would recommend DDLs. The ISP your with doesn't throttles P2P activities and you get unlimited bandwidth, I say go torrents.

I often use torrents =_=
It just happen to get annoying when you have to stop whatever you are doing at the moment because there could be some storm coming out there, so if you are not a premium member at the DDL host, whatever that was downloading is lost.
At least torrents could continue upon next startup...
Still prefer DDL for certain files not larger than 4GB though~ fufu

Depends on what i'm doing if im playing something i usually DDL because it doesnt lag me as much as the torrent, otherwise when i go to sleep i just let it dl.

DDL is fast but not stable if you don't have premium account torrent is has good speed and stable good for who have slow speed

and great for big files you dont have to scatter the file in parts

but in the end it depend on your speed

DDL is fast to download, I always use. For torrent was very danger because sometime can got virus inside & very slow to download one file.
Sometime I download torrent will got some corrupt file so I need to download again, very sad.

well i don't mean any offense but...
If you get an infected or corrupted torrent, its your own fault; For experienced or just street smart people its quite easy to detect fraudulent or infectious torrents. The main way is the comments section which any respectable torrent site will have: The comments section usually has people telling you its bad OR if 50+ people say its excellent and pure and 100% virus free its usually also fake. The second is the seed/peer ratio: A torrent fishing for people to download it will have a rigged seed:leech ratio to attract leech's if you know the torrent isn't supposed to be very popular or is popular but not worth 3000+ seeds than you know its fake, hands down. There are other telltale signs but those are the two most common ways for detecting a good torrent. And while some may consider the need to scan a torrent before using it is a downside... A lot more direct download sights have fishing lists filled with worms somewhere near the bottom, and while no-one is dumb enough to fall for the 60 odd files saying the same damn thing, they still exist.

heres a tip for torrents uploaders Always put a pass on your file by rar then set pass and comment this is password protected dont bother downloading on the torrent site you be surprised of how many leaches you can limit as for the pass share it on the forums .

i'm not one for uploading my own torrents but i seed a lot, especially anything from this site. If u ever want anything seeded guys go ahead and PM me ill gladly seed something for you.

well i don't mean any offense but...
If you get an infected or corrupted torrent, its your own fault; For experienced or just street smart people its quite easy to detect fraudulent or infectious torrents. The main way is the comments section which any respectable torrent site will have: The comments section usually has people telling you its bad OR if 50+ people say its excellent and pure and 100% virus free its usually also fake. The second is the seed/peer ratio: A torrent fishing for people to download it will have a rigged seed:leech ratio to attract leech's if you know the torrent isn't supposed to be very popular or is popular but not worth 3000+ seeds than you know its fake, hands down. There are other telltale signs but those are the two most common ways for detecting a good torrent. And while some may consider the need to scan a torrent before using it is a downside... A lot more direct download sights have fishing lists filled with worms somewhere near the bottom, and while no-one is dumb enough to fall for the 60 odd files saying the same damn thing, they still exist.
I did the same thing too, whenever I wanna DL some torrent files.
I usually check the comments and the amount of seeders.
Also based on the popularity of the torrent file.

I never use torrent because of posibility to become dead instantly. Premium DDL services are so much cheap and they cause no problem unlike torrent. I'm using premium services for 2 or more years and I filled up 10 TBs of files without problem. DDLs are using all available bandwith for download, but on the other hand torrents are just leeching the seeder's and peer's provided bandwith.

It really depends. For people with slow internet connections, DDLs are fine. For those with fast internet connections (without premium filesharing site accounts), torrents are usually faster. The problem with torrents is there are occasions on which the peer/seed ratio is way too high, and download speeds grind to a halt, or there simply aren't any seeds. DDLs have their fair share of issues too, such as the host purging the files.
For torrents, the best time to use them is 24 hours after they have been posted, otherwise you'll find yourself with 1 or 2 seeds, and up to 1000 peers. This means that the speed at which the complete files are spread around is incredibly slow. DDLs, however, don't have that time period of uselessness.

All in all, it's simply a matter of preference.

Reactions: him_dox
I prefer torrents...very good speed and far less annoyance, as i don't own a premium account for dlls. So trying to download several files between 1-5 GB size that are divided into lots of parts, is extremely time consuming, which is a big NO for me, as i come to the pc to relax, not to spend on it clicking over 50 parts with waiting time in between them and input annoying check sentences. All i have to do is click on the torrent files and let the client do its work, while i enjoy myself.

I only use ddl if there's no torrent source for it, like an old game for example.Certainly useful to get individual files, but no good for mass downloading, for me.

Free DDL and torrents are about even, torrents can be annoying since they then to die fairly quickly and speeds are usually not great, if you have the patience or the tools you can download from multiple free DDL sites at the same time (split the episodes/rar parts between them) and get very nice speeds.

Paid DDL is nicest of all, pipe saturating speeds no matter what, but you're paying for it, it's a case of "you get what you pay for".

I've check the poll result, and it's a tie, 6-6.
But that ain't gonna last any longer, coz I've found out that I haven't cast my vote yet.

The tie will hold a bit longer...since incidentally I haven't voted either, and I'm more for DDLs. :P

I hate finding a torrent for something rare only find it dead or stuck just short of completion; whenever possible I prioritize DDLs (especially Fileserve links since I paid for that), with torrents as an absolute last resort. Yes, DDL links can die out just as frequently, but at least they don't tease you with 99.9% completion. :@

hmm.. for unstable connections like me. i prefer torrent ~

and i don't have a fast super mega hyper speed net so i prefer what i said above

I think torrent is good enough , it can resume and pause ,i know DDL is good to but torrent free no need to purchase anymore :D

I go for both.
Torrent for larger files more than 1gb. (switch on the pc then left it alone)
DDL for smaller files less than 1gb. (I can go for 100mb per ddl)

There are some variables (source, availability, timeout) that will make me go the torrent or ddl.

I prefer torrent over DDL, mainly because OST are available through torrent on the sites I go to =x

DDL isn't that bad though =)

liked torrent

however, due to policy changes of the country & ISP, i hv to resort to part file DDLs... even DDLs are somehow restricted... but still, i choose DDL

Usually I Would Say Both Torrent And DDL Are Great In Their Own Ways,But If I Have To Pick One It Would Have To Be DDL,Because Torrents Will Die When There Are No Seeders Anymore^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.