Recover RAR File?

Leggy

Veteran Member
Elite Member
Oct 17, 2012
I have a RAR file that I downloaded from a torrent, or tried to. For lack of a seed, it is 99.5% complete. Since it's just pictures, I'm willing to accept 99.5% of them.

WinRar stops after just a few pics, even with the Keep Broken Files option.

I tried a RAR recovery tool that said it recovered all of it, but they want $50 to save them to my computer. The old "free to try" nonsense.

Does anyone know of a true freeware app that will recover the RAR contents? No way I'm paying $$$, it's not that important.

Thanks in advance!

Well,The problem is peer or seeder torrent problem only. If the uploader make recovery record,You can rebuild a files.You can check in winrar at info and find recovery record.If it has a recovery,You close info and put alt+r and repair. I recommend try Winrar in new version for extract files. I don't have any rar recovery program. Winrar is create already.

Good Luck.

Reactions: Leggy
Well,The problem is peer or seeder torrent problem only. If the uploader make recovery record,You can rebuild a files.You can check in winrar at info and find recovery record.If it has a recovery,You close info and put alt+r and repair. I recommend try Winrar in new version for extract files. I don't have any rar recovery program. Winrar is create already.

Good Luck.

Thanks!

I tried that, but still no luck. :(

Sadly, the file is a few years old, so the original uploader is no longer around. Oh well, those are the breaks. Fortunately, it isn't anything important.

Thanks again, for the effort! :)

You could always try waiting a few weeks for the torrent to complete. Sometimes the original uploader comes back.
Also, you could try if you can get more pictures when using 7z.

Reactions: Leggy
Thank you very much.
7zip is free compressor and support any archive files format.
Sometimes,RAR errors isn't only on torrent. Internet Download Manager and other download manager that use a Dynamic Segmentation can make rar error too. If that files important or can't extract,you will try use 1 port or direct download.

You could always try waiting a few weeks for the torrent to complete. Sometimes the original uploader comes back.
Also, you could try if you can get more pictures when using 7z.

7zip gave the same results as Winrar. I can keep the download going some more, but after 2 weeks, with seeds showing 0(0) I have my doubts.

Maybe some peer might pop back in with the missing piece.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.