PSP Help Desk.

Thank you for starting this thread!~ ^^:th_084_:
I am having a problem currently.I have a PSP 2004 With A TA-088 Motherboard Running CFW 5.50 GEN D.I wanna update it and so I got CFW 6.Something :P And other 6.Something version too...:th_059_:But when I try to update it I get a message saying "The current system software version of your PSP is 9.90.There is no need to update O.O
Does 9.90 even Exist?:d582d79f:

I can't directly answer that. I think that is a "ghost" firmware. You did not use a pandora battery did you?

What OFW are at. What did you try to update it to?

Infact, please give me a detailed account for what happened. (Sherlock Holmes said, "the most miniscule detail can be the one that is most important.")

Well to be honest,I only hack using ChickHEN and as it was getting irritating with doing it again and again for simple battery removals,I gave it to this dude who was over at my friend's store.He did it for me.He said he used a pandora battery and a Magic Memory Stick...Not sure if he placed a Mod chip inside though ^^
I was at 3.Something and then moved up to 5.00 and then to 5.50.
I hope that helps ^^

You have a PSP 2000, right?

Can you grab the 6.35 update and update your firmware?

I know ^^ I was running HEN earlier.But ti got irritating cos I had to do it again and again every time I took out the battery or the PSP hanged.Thats why I got a permanent.Humm...I could try it,but won't it replace my permanent one?
And will is it worth taking the risk?The one you asked me to do...Is the chance of bricking it high?:8c460310:

No, the chances of your psp 2k bricking are pretty remote if you use the more modern updates and CFW. 6.39 is the limit though. Stuff for the 6.60 hasn't been completely tested and had all the bugs fixed yet.

Hi,

I was just wondering that my PSP 2001 had an earphone jack issue and I sent it to warranty, few weeks after they told me: "the FW was broken when they tried to open it". For Christ's sake are those screws can cause a ridicilous problem like this?

I'd appreciate if you answer.

Sorry for replying so late, life is drag sometimes.....

I'd like full details about your problem and about all the stuff that was said at the repair shop.

But right off the bat I know the screws did not cause that.

(Just curious: when did you get you PSP?)

Well, that was llike 2 or 3 years before and they told me: "the earphone jack have been corrupted and have to be changed". Then they called me back after 2 or 3 weeks and told me: "when we were trying to reach an earphone jack, your firmware have been gone/bricked for permenant. This means you're using a customized firmware software and we help you with that, sir". I was so much upset when we had a dialog, but told me that they cannot repair that for like 50 times. PSP is in my hand now and the screen, battery and the mainboard has broken, I didn't to that. I thought to judge them and I'm in a deadlock for 3 years now. Can I do anything, like purchasing a new mainbord?

Okay, first of all, the guys who tried to "Fix" your PSP had no idea what they were doing. Secondly, Firmware on any PSP does not brick when you replace an earphone jack. It's a hardware not a software. The last thing I find wrong is they "tried" to replace the headphone jack and some how broke everything.....

Now for the mainboard question: You can replace the PSPs motherboard kind of cheaply since it's a PSP 2000, but you have to know what model number it is and find the exact match online (High probability that your specific mobo won't be carried by a local vendor), the only problem with this, is depending on what model number your motherboard is, will have an influence on the price.

Question: Why are you in a deadlock for 3 years with your PSP?

I'm in "that" deadlock because of the guys who contacted me. They have been dissappeared after I decided to get my PSP back. They sent me this piece of crap and gone/dissappeared. After a month I learnt that those tech guys in the Sony was fired for some reason. They said that they could not find any report about my damaged PSP. I think those guys stolen some of customer's PSPs and gone. This is the problem which you may not help me and I'm on charge of it to face with. However, that PSP is in my hand now and I see the screen, mainboard, battery, jack, etc. everything is damaged/broken and the prices are equal with the new ones. So, I won't fix it but in meantime also, I want to get rid of that. I planned to sell them but how, if you can help me you'll be my hero, sir :)

Okay, you're not going to get any compensation from Sony. So that part is done.

Next, I have sent you some links to a couple of PSP repair sites, don't know if you got 'em.

You can try Ebay, if you are going to sell the parts, but I don't think it will meet with very much success.

What you can do is buy another 2000 system and keep the working parts of the older system. (Instant spare parts replacements) or go and buy a 3000 system for around $100. Less if you look around a little.

Yeah, I won't. It's been 3 years long.

I saw the sites that you gave me, but they are expensive as hell and I can't even be sure to get contact with them.

In my humble opinion Ebay is just wasting time.

I can assure that I will never purchase a Sony product and I won't use them.

Oh contrare nr345.

I recommend going to Amazon.com and searching for PSP 3000, it has better graphics quality than than the 2000 and you can get one for about $100.

Sorry that I couldn't help any further than that.

I have a question that I always wanted to ask about PSP.

Is there a way to connect the PSP to the Computer to run the game in recovery mode with an older PSP model like PSP - E1000 (if it's actually an older model). Only planning to get it to run the 3 idolm@ster SP games though I have no idea if PSP consoles have a regional lock or whether the idolm@ster SP games has a regional lock as well.

PSPs do a lock, but it is a partial lock. Depending on what the regional lock is: If it's Japan, then some U.S. features will be disabled like the Comic Book extra on the XMB. UMD games are not region locked, but the UMD (or ISO) Movies are.

You can get around this with a CFW.

For the Idolm@ster SP if you have a Japan imported PSP or a CFW, you should be able to play it.

Heyas ^^ Thank you Will and to everyone for all your help...I tried a couple of tricks and I am now running CFW 6.39 Pro B8...Just finished my selction exams and am back ^^ Missed you guys:)

*Knock Knock* :)

I have a problem w/ God Eater Burst
Whenever i run the final mission and clear it my game crash and psp shuts down T__T
My firmware was 5.50 Gen B-Full that i had the problem
My firmware now is 6.39 ME and i still have the problem
Do i just have a bad iso or something? :o

Any knowledge and solution to this problem is appreciated :)

Wondering, what kind of psp do you have?

I'll assume you have a 2k psp since you are using a ME custom firmware.

You may have a bad Iso. For now, just re-download it and see if that works.

Oh i have PSP 1000 :)
And okay ill see if re-downloading will fix it

Back to homework again :o

I see :)
Well, I just finished re-downloading the game

Gonna test it after i get back from school :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3