Playing some .wav files makes visual novel crash to desktop

dashwood1945

Trusted Member
Sep 11, 2018
I'm suddenly having issues with a certain visual novel (I uploaded it here, for reference: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...c-[bl]-phantomphobia-outsider-chinese-766075/).

The thing is, .wav files play fine when they belong to the main storyline. However, there are certain sounds and voice-overs in optional scenes (which are stored in a different script) that make the game crash. I'm sure it's the .wav files what's causing the problem, because disabling them in the script fixes it.
But it's weird, because this only happens with some of them. In fact, I've played these same scenes other times without problem, but now, they invariably crash. That's why I'm not sure if it's an issue with the game itself, or with something in my computer which has broken.

Has someone else experienced something like this? Any idea about the reason for this behavior?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.