Need help installing game by [Elf]/ .iso questions.

roflkniefgoessliec

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2014
So I got Elf's Ningen Debris https://vndb.org/v5519 and have been trying to figure out how to install it. I have made an .iso out of the mdf/mds files that came with it and have mounted the .iso to a virtual drive. I've also tried running the Install.exe and I can get to the point where it asks what drive to use. After that, when I select the drive and choose to install it just says something like (after translating) "If the DVD is in the drive press Yes, if not, press No." If I press Yes, it just keeps showing the same message indefinitely. I've also run the Install.exe from the actual drive the .iso is mounted to and still get the same message. All the tutorials of mounting a VN's .iso I see really don't have a VN with mdf/mds files, and then turning them into an .iso and mounting it. I have no idea what to do at this point and I'm pretty sure it's extremely simple to do, but I've been losing patience in tutorials where all the information they give is "mount .iso and you're good to go". That might be the case for other VNs, but this one really doesn't seem to work like that.

As a side note, I used ImgBurn to make the .iso and PowerISO to mount it to a virtual drive. I open up the drive and see the contents of the .iso I made. I also have my computer's region set to Japan, so I'm good there.

It would be nice if someone with experience doing this kind of thing helped out, and it would be even better (being hopeful) if someone who did this with the same game helped out. Regardless, information on how to do this so I can actually learn how to do so would be appreciated.

That looks to be a complicated way of of doing this. Why would you make an .iso out of a .mdf to begin with?

You should just mount the .mdf and install. I don't use PowerISO myself, instead I use Daemon Tools Lite. I installed your mentioned game without issues.

Reactions: roflkniefgoessliec
.mds are annoying to use. Since writing speed from alcohol52% - 120% slower vs any other virtual drive.

> roflkniefgoessliec
install alcohol 52%, and try installing the game. Second install applocale and run installer thought it. Third, give me links where you downloaded it. There may be possibility those .mds are damaged.

ーベルカ

Reactions: roflkniefgoessliec
That looks to be a complicated way of of doing this. Why would you make an .iso out of a .mdf to begin with?

You should just mount the .mdf and install. I don't use PowerISO myself, instead I use Daemon Tools Lite. I installed your mentioned game without issues.

I did what you said and it successfully installed. I knew that this wasn't as hard as it seemed, but after watching hours of video doing the same thing, getting the same results, and giving up for a while, this is amazing. Thanks.

.mds are annoying to use. Since writing speed from alcohol52% - 120% slower vs any other virtual drive.

> roflkniefgoessliec
install alcohol 52%, and try installing the game. Second install applocale and run installer thought it. Third, give me links where you downloaded it. There may be possibility those .mds are damaged.

ーベルカ

WsE's advice worked so I didn't get around to trying this, but I'll keep this in mind in case I run into this issue again and if the same trick doesn't work. Pleasantly surprised that I got replies so fast, that's a first for most of the forums I've been on. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。