AMD bulldozer or Intels's Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge ?

I dunno what they are, but since I been using Intel's processors since 486 era, I'm gonna stick with it.

Sandy Bridge is a good investment when it comes to pure performance. Concerning Ivy i would adise you to wait since there's a lot of shadow surrounding its compatible motherboards.

To be honest, I am a old time AMD Fan, I believe in Price to Performance not Performance to Price, If I did not have the money to build the current PC I use then I would have went AMD, but I wanted to try out the Intel i7 990X Extreme so I went that route. I will NEVER again pay 1200$ for just a Processor again in my life, except for the workstation I am building with Dual Xeons at the moment for Video Editing.

AMD has it hands down with the Bulldozer for what you get, for the price, and the OCing ability they will have that is the way to go. I just sat here last night and did my final part order for the year until the Bulldozer comes out, I am building a Dual Xeon setup for my video editing and going to sell my PC I use now, it was fun and fine for a while here, but eh. I am going back to AMD again for my gaming rig, Intel does by a mile beat AMD in the "Real World Work Applications" but for Gaming NO I do not think so.

If your building a rig for Video Editing, Encoding ect. Intel is the way to go totally 100%
If your building a rig for Gaming, AMD, get the BE Processors, learn to properly OC and go! This way you can get the gaming RAM you need, and now that AMD 900+ chip-sets do SLi ect, AMD again will have the market for high end budget gaming with out busting the bank.

In the end for each person it comes to personal preference, I see the + and - in each processor, I have used and work with both.
I would rather save 500+$ on a AMD CPU to get a better GFX Card, a better MOBO ect. than a Great 1300$ Processor and a crappy video card, or MOBO. If your parts are Sub-Par but your CPU is awesome! you are still Sub-Par.

Remember kids! DO NOT build a 5,000$ RIG and toss some crap-ass cheap PSU in it! I see it all the time, and would LOVE to slap people for that crap....god it is so annoying....

Remember kids! DO NOT build a 5,000$ RIG and toss some crap-ass cheap PSU in it! I see it all the time, and would LOVE to slap people for that crap....god it is so annoying....
What, you think those $50 1400W PSUs are a bad investment? :D
I mean, they fit the $20 case with an 8cm fan perfectly! :D

What, you think those $50 1400W PSUs are a bad investment? :D
I mean, they fit the $20 case with an 8cm fan perfectly! :D

:eek::eek:!!

I am SO Glad that I know you are kidding ~wipes sweat from forehead~

I notice most people choose really good cooling and upgradeable cases, it is just the PSU they seem to skimp on more than anything, it really is a shame to put something that does not have a nice flat sign-wave and the ripple on the 12/3.3/5v are horrid. That will destroy components faster than just about anything else.

OK here is a chart very easy:

SEXY!
corsairobsidian800dcase.jpg

SEXY!
img1374ce.jpg

FAIL! YOUR FIRED! lol!
failxi.jpg

OH Corocoro! here is one for you, lets say your a smoker rite? and your PC after 5years keeps shutting off after about 30min of use, so you take it to your PC Tech and she finds this:

1000056r.jpg

Think maybe the PSU needs replaced ROFLMAO! that is NO Joke it came into the shop about 2 weeks ago. I almost died when I was sent the photos.

Last edited:
I heard cleaning out the dust filters once a month helps. :D

It is funny, I built this PC for this person years ago, when I do a build for someone and they come in to pick up the PC, I show them how to remove the side panels, use a can of air to clean the fans, cpu hsf ect. so there is no excuse for this lol!

PC Cleaning Tip #-1: Find you a Air Mattress Pump that puts out a good strong volume of air, use it for PC Cleaning so you do not have to spend the 5$ a can on Air! :) (A Powered One, not the foot pump kind)

Now they sell air in a can?!:eek:
What have the world come up to?

Hmm, I shacked out my PC's dust filters, so I should be good for another couple weeks. :P
Dust filters are just really, really nice. :)

Hee hee! I find that PSU picture very funny. I needed that since I just woke up. I am a AMD fan all the way. I will use an Intel but, it must have a Hyperthreading option and a 2mb cache. AMD though is just everything for me right now. Cheaper, much faster and for the games it has a lower requirement. Intel is for video editing though, it can run some things faster than AMD, but it is so freakin' expensive for a good processor by them.

Started with a 286 architecture and through the short years I've lived, gone to 386 and now I'm on a K9 setup by AMD. No going back.

But for some nostalgia, I keep using really old computers with ancient software. (i.e P2 350mhz win95)

hehe! I still have a 1992 Packard Bell 486 DX2-66 PC Sitting here that works, it originally came with Windows 3.11 and it runs great. I do not know why I keep it. I also still have my Commodore 64 with all the attachments for it and it works good as well.

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! That is so cool! What did you pay for it all?

My P2 right now is a very good paper weight. I gotta' buy some ram for it.

Way back then, I do not know when I was a kid my dad and mom got it for me for my bday lol. God that was uhh a LONG time ago hehe.

I have not owned a console gaming system since the Nintendo back in the day. Jan has a X-Box 360, PS2, PS3 and something else I think. Me, more PC gaming than Console, only game I played on the XBox was BloodRayne 2, and that was it. Since I can not get XenoSaga in English for the PS2 :( ect

if you are a gamer then go with intel's

if you do photo/video editing/encoding then go with the AMD

as games only use Quad cores they won't use the extra cores.

If you're looking for a lower power consumption, less heat and more silence you should wait for intel's ivy bridge. Its new integration technology "Tri-Gate" and the 22nm burning process give it the features i talked about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha