AGE.EXE error on all of anastasia and eushully game

poompetch

Trusted Member
Dec 16, 2011
This happen for 2 months now. Before that, I have been able to play all games normally, but after one night, I got AGE.EXE error on all of anastasia and eushully game. I try everything I can think of including, re-install the game, close firewall protection, download the game's patch, etc. The only game I can open is Kamidori(translated version). Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Recently, I have just been able to open 姫狩りダンジョンマイスター, but when I close it and open again, it pop-up the same annoying error. Nooooooooooo

Did someone mess up with your pc's region? It's the most frecuent error aroud here...but if that's not the case I'll suggest a uninstall deleting all remainig folders, a clean with CCleaner to the register and install everything again (if possible in another locations but I think Eushully's games don't allow that).

Thanks for your help, but it seems that region is not the problem. I try using CCleaner and double check about the region as you suggest, but the same problem still occur.

Whoa! I'm just been able to open the game by open the game in the quick launch menu(the shortcut on the lower left side). I can open the game twice, but after that, the same pop-up happens again. Anyone figure what went wrong in my computer?

for your reference.

Q:
Can not be started is displayed as "shortcut does not work correctly because this is a move or change is linked AGE.EXE" When you try to start the "神採りアルケミーマイスター" from the shortcut icon.
A:
This is due to erroneous detection of security software that is installed on your PC
Symptoms occur is for "AGE.EXE" "AGERC.DLL" of the main program had been quarantined or deleted as a threat.
This behavior is different depending on the version of security software products and, depending on the environment of your PC is a pattern of symptoms that occur rarely.
In addition, our products such that the threat of viruses and spyware are not included is confirmed.
[How to deal]
Please install in a state resident to stop monitoring of the virus from spyware security software once you uninstall this work.
Then, please set the destination folder exclusion or exception of this work in the settings of your security software.
Exceptions and exclusions set-When the installation is complete, please return to the original resident of security monitoring software.

It's haunted.
By the way, which version of Windows are you using?
If you still remember when did everything start, I'll suggest you to check the list of updates installed that day. And get rid of all of them.

Please install in a state resident to stop monitoring of the virus from spyware security software once you uninstall this work.

What is "install in a state resident"?

I'm currently using Windows XP. Fortunately, I will have a new computer soon so I have a question to ask. Can Windows 7 run Eroge and is it still need to be in Japanese Windows?

Translation of long sentences do not seem to have been well worked.
Will subdivide the text as follows:

1. You have to uninstall the program.
2. Stops monitoring the resident of the virus and spyware security software.
3. Please install the program again.

Text in Japanese:
一度本作をアンインストールしてからセキュリティソフトのウイルス・スパイウェアの常駐監視を停止した状態でインストールしてください。

Extreme case it still doesn't work: Run a complete scan of your computer, take out internet access and uninstall antivirus (I wouldn't really suggest it, but it's a extreme case, of course keep the installation package) and procced to re-install your first Eushully game you want to try. Pray it to work. Re-install antivirus and check any notifications related to the folder where the game is instaled.

About windows 7, well I have a Win 7 english copy with all the possible settings in japanese running in a virtual machine, all recent games of Eushully tested and working fine. But if you want to go deeper to the first games, maybe a partition with XP you'll need.

In conclusion, I try to run a complete scan of my computer, take out internet access and uninstall antivirus and procced to re-install my first Eushully game I want to try, but it still doesn't work. However that is fine, I am already at my limit so I will re-install the whole Windows again(a bit sad T_T).

One last question, what about Mac? Is it able to play eroge normally?

Thank you everyone who try to help me! Really appreciate it!

One last question, what about Mac? Is it able to play eroge normally?

Short answer: No

Long answer:

The way to run .exe files in a mac is to either run a virtual machine or have it boot into windows, I wouldn't recommend using a virtual machine as it can lack some video card support (although this might be fine you will have to test it to be sure). Having a windows boot will be exactly like a PC (I know of no downside about compatibility).

This information looks good but I have never owned a mac so i don't know a lot about this process and wouldn't be much help. Either way its going to be more of a hassle running .exe programs on a mac and the most compatible way will just have you running it in a windows boot anyway.

Last edited:
Virtual Machines only on Mac. I'll suggest Parallels way over the other ones, the more recent version from Parallels 7 works fine with Mountain Lion, I didn't use Lion and in Snow Leopord works great. I use about 1.5GB from RAM and 99GB in Hard Drive in a macbook Pro, if you only play eroges then it's about 60GB free for eroges. And as I said, most recent Eushully's games rested and working fine.

I've had a similar problem for at least 3 months, and managed to solve it like 2 hours ago (which felt really damn great). I can't say whether it'll work for you, but it's so stupidly simple it's worth a try at least.

Solution :

1- Disable "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) for the problematic games (or disable it for everything not Windows System related if you trust your antivirus)

Google how, it's hard to explain without pictures. After you did that, reboot the computer, then try the games. If they don't work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling.

2- If you can't even install or uninstall AFTER deactivating DEP, you may have screwed up the registry, especially if you did like me and tried uninstall/install 10 different ways. Then you may have to delete all traces of the game from the registry. You'd probably need something like Perfect Uninstaller for that, but if the default Windows uninstaller manages to do it for you (mine couldn't), that's great.

3- I didn't have this problem until AVG decided to ignore it's own exception list and quarantined the Tayuuta age.exe
Even though I brought it back, Windows apparently decided to blacklist age.exe, at least the old versions. So I'd advise choosing an antivirus without too much false positives to avoid problems like this in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!