After SOPA, comes ACTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.... What now? When is america gonna stop acting high-and-mighty and self-righteous?
They act like they some sort of perfect country and that each of their citizens has never done anything bad before =_="

if this continues, what am i going to do? a life without internet? i still can live without it though.

[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION] are you sure about SOPA being cancelled? isnt is just being suspended?
anyway the vote is open today. sign the petition to say no to SOPA and PIPA

Already signed that. XD
Actually, the internet isn't really going to be gone. Let's just say it'll be taken control by those bastards and anal-probe every user's asses.

if this continues, what am i going to do? a life without internet? i still can live without it though.

[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION] are you sure about SOPA being cancelled? isnt is just being suspended?
anyway the vote is open today. sign the petition to say no to SOPA and PIPA

yes, after Lamar taken back the SOPA bills, it's as good as dead, but no one will know if it will be revived it again, as we are now facing another major threat, filehoster stopped their services and now this ACTA...

i see..

thats true, a major threat.... anyway how is it going on your country? ([MENTION=13241]Ein[/MENTION], [MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION], and anyone else who read this)
in my country, theres no respond to it. no news about SOPA, PIPA, ACTA on tv. or maybe i spend too little on watching tv. i suppose you are the same as me animaksiat, we're in the same country afterall.

Please... When our days of downloading will be peacefull now..??? :forsaken:

i see..

thats true, a major threat.... anyway how is it going on your country? ([MENTION=13241]Ein[/MENTION], [MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION], and anyone else who read this)
in my country, theres no respond to it. no news about SOPA, PIPA, ACTA on tv. or maybe i spend too little on watching tv. i suppose you are the same as me animaksiat, we're in the same country afterall.

count me in if mufa is the same country asanimemaksiat.. well our country doesn't care with this kind prob... u know what i mean...

[MENTION=11232]mufarisfa[/MENTION] well, i don't really watch indonesian news... since i could barely catches their conversation. but yes, i don't see people in this country talks about what's really going on in the cyber world.

but then again, so does my homecountry in japan... their never give a damn about what's happening

Quite the same with you. No local news about that shit or whatsoever. I think they are kinda imploring a global local news blackout about the stuff... You know, the less people knew, the better for them. I'm not even surprised that one of my friends in real life doesn't exactly knows what's been really happening because of that. =_="

Darn it! Should they just leave the net alone already! Why can't we have the voice when we keep being a victim of the ridiculous bill!? Seriously?!

So does in Malaysian media which didn't give a single thing about this....

I guess I'm right about my guess. There really seems to be a global, local news/media blackout. It doesn't get showed up on the regular and local stuff. It's really just on the net huh....

america will surely fall....

well the only reason tv network didn't release the news is that they don't want to upset their goverment. and not just only in america, but the whole world...

those greedy maybe thinking.... "worlds belong to america and his allies! you follow us, and you'll get salvation... againts us, feel our wrath"

America America America bla.. bla.. bla..
Why America have so much Credibility .
So bad , SOPA SOPA

Yeah... I'm actually sick of america being always trying to nab the spotlight in everything =_="

My reaction hearing this after finally breathing easy in regards to SOPA/PIPA:

swing-a-cactus1.jpg

Actually ACTA was here way before SOPA/PIPA came into play, about 3 years before when the draft leaked. Ironically when I was moaning over ACTA few months ago nobody seemed to care lol.

People should have been more aware of ACTA from the start, as it's essentially SOPA in international scale rather than the States only. Worst part of it is that if your country doesn't cause enough uprising to stop your government from signing the treaty, it's pretty much dead end for you.

Hmm i dont exactly watch news but theres basically no information about ACTA anywhere (so much for freedom of press). None of the people on fb are saying anything about it and not in school yet but im pretty sure im not gonna hear anything in school either. If google did another thing against ACTA and got another pile of names im sure theyll have to respond :/

I thought China's Great Firewall was crazy... But this is even crazier...

P.S. Isn't this idea just a bit like Hitler; back in the days where the Nazi's keeps on eye on everyone and make sure no one bad-mouth about Hitler? :XD:

Last edited:
All these bills/acts only benefits only one party. To sum it up, it pretty much says you consumers purchase our good, so we can rape you as many ways possible, just because we can.

In other words they intend to reenact every ero scene from every Black Lillith game on us and then some :spiraldown:

...Why is everyone still blaming America?

The one who made ACTA was Europe, not America. And I can say for sure that ACTA is much worse than SOPA since it's effect goes worldwide should everyone agree. No petty word mincing, it's clearly stated as such.

So far, eight countries; the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea, has signed the agreement, and I heard it was effective almost immediately. God knows what happens over there...

Darn it! Should they just leave the net alone already! Why can't we have the voice when we keep being a victim of the ridiculous bill!? Seriously?!

So does in Malaysian media which didn't give a single thing about this....
Didn't hear,read or watch anything that mentioned SOPA or PIPA in our local media. But then again, when was the last time I ever read, hear or watch local media?

Actually ACTA was here way before SOPA/PIPA came into play, about 3 years before when the draft leaked. Ironically when I was moaning over ACTA few months ago nobody seemed to care lol.

People should have been more aware of ACTA from the start, as it's essentially SOPA in international scale rather than the States only. Worst part of it is that if your country doesn't cause enough uprising to stop your government from signing the treaty, it's pretty much dead end for you.
Sadly, I just found out about ACTA when I read this topic.

I give up... They can all tentacle molest the net even my rockbox or the private chatango I used to hang out with my other friends.

Hello local neighborhood networking

Didn't hear,read or watch anything that mentioned SOPA or PIPA in our local media. But then again, when was the last time I ever read, hear or watch local media?

Malaysian news has no idea about the SOPA or any organization a like and some didn't care about anything. The fact that piracy is not good, but these fools cannot just dismantle our freedom just like that due to the "moral panic" theory that come in their minds.

We almost like the prison inmates with blunt information almost half in everything and we often picked the wrong thing that give no benefit but increased more idiotic ideals with no care about the consequence.

...Why is everyone still blaming America?

The one who made ACTA was Europe, not America. And I can say for sure that ACTA is much worse than SOPA since it's effect goes worldwide should everyone agree. No petty word mincing, it's clearly stated as such.

So far, eight countries; the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea, has signed the agreement, and I heard it was effective almost immediately. God knows what happens over there...

It doesn't matter which origin of these organization but the bottom line is these eventually screw the people since they only care about something that benefit to the group only. And I can tell you this, the more you feel about the "patriotism" to blame what to screw or not to screw will only make one as the shallow minded fool which only concerned the good of the country. Maybe you right about don't blame US for the bill but think about it, will we still screwed even if the bill didn't bass to another for some ridiculous crap?

Last edited:
ACTA actually has been proposed long time ago but almost not all country (even NATO) approved it yet. ACTA is proposed to support free trade area in some countries.

The problem of ACTA is actually not for internet world only but the problem is ACTA will make strong country (you can see this which country signed the ACTA and which country did not sign the ACTA) with a lot of copyright/product/company become stronger while weak country (most of ASEAN, Middle Asia, Africa) get weaker and weaker (they can only be a consumer).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3