あねいも2~Second Stage~: Windows 8.1 compatibility issue?

LonerPrime

EroGamer Extraordinaire~
Elite Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hello,

Back again for another round of issue that popped up.

Windows OS: Win 8.1
Game: あねいも2~Second Stage~
Romaji: Aneimo 2 Second Stage
Vndb: https://vndb.org/v256
Getchu: http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=334945
Downloaded from: Anime-Sharing

So the installation goes smoothly till the very end. I patch the game with 1.02 and skip the 1.01 patch as it seems to be for the fandisc and not this original game. Then I copy the "reg" file and paste it in the game directory where replaces the original reg file. At this point my anti-virus goes nuts and quarantines the replaced patch file which I assume is a false positive so I release it from the anti virus jail. Now this is where I expect things to go down hill but it actually takes a turn for weird.

Running aneimo2.exe pops the attached window below instead of the game. I have no idea what that error is about, so I am gonna ask someone who reads Japanese... "What gives?"

Later I tried to replicate the issue with my Windows XP just to confirm if it's a patch issue or not but the game ran like a boss without a hiccup which really has me thinking that maybe old bootup games don't play nice with new Windows OS? I am just hoping for a solution/confirmation here. If the OS is really an issue then is there a workaround that I can use instead of booting up my XP just to play a game?

Regards,
LonerPrime

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 382
I think it's because your anti virus program. I can't read japanese but i think the message say something about the DVD, maybe your AV program just blocked noDVD patch. I caught the problem with AV program several times before.

That is weird then. Guess it's time to say goodbye to Panda anti virus :(. I ran into a similar problem with "Maou o Seifuku Suru Tame no, 666 no Houhou" as well where the alsignup tool stopped working all together after my anti virus jailed it. I had to run the game in XP to get it to work.

In any case thanks for the input moemoe-kyun.

Hm seems more to me that the game dvd is not inserted is what the error message is telling.

It says that "Please insert game disc(DVD media) on your dvd drive"

Last edited:
EDIT: I reinstalled the game this time with another anti virus running. Surprisingly enough, it didn't run yet again. I uninstalled the anti-virus and tried installing the game again and same result.

Final Observation: The game does have a Windows 8.1 compatibility issue. It's just the aspect I was wrong about. As far as my thoughts go, the game is capable of running on Windows 8.1 as long as it's original. It's the crack that seems whacky. In XP the game ran without a hitch after applying the patch but in 8.1 the game fails to register the crack as a genuine one. Unless someone comes along stating otherwise, I think the crack needs an update.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。