[HELP!] PS Vita has been giving "Error: NW-2304-9" for months?!

Murakumo

百合旅人
Elite Member
Jan 1, 2013
HELP! My PS Vita 2000 (JPN Model, set to English language) has been giving the "Error: NW-2304-9" for months?!
I can use the PS Vita's Internet browser just fine, but no matter what I do (changing my password, rebooting the Vita, rebuilding the database using PSVita's safe mode, I cannot login to the Playstation Network.

I changed my router model to a FiOS Verizon router sometime last year, and I'm not sure if this is because of that since I got this error even using the WiFi in Japan.

Also when I try to change my password on PSN using the PSVita I get NP-2239-6 error telling me that the connection to the server or device has been lost. I do not understand what is really causing all this.
My Nintendo 3DS works fine with my new router's Wifi when I use it, so I suspect the problem is with my PSVita?
I really don't want to do a factory reset if it means losing the data of my PSN account.
Help please!

I've already tried the following:
1. "Let's rest the wireless device for about 30 minutes after pulling out all outlets and LAN cable once. I think that I will improve after inserting the outlet from the optical terminating equipment side and then plugging the LAN cable to the place where it was previously pointing. I also had an error code of "NW - 2304 - 9" displayed every day on PS Vita at about the same time as the questioner and the days that I could not connect to PSN continued. There is a possibility, as I fixed it in this way at a later date. Please refer to the reference level ~"
2. Checked the main website for maintenance
3. Rebuilt the database
4. Tried setting the DNS Primary and Secondary settings to google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)
5. Tried using a Proxy server on top of the DNS changes....
6. even checked the Network Status of the JP PSN Store

And still nothing works. I'm not trying to use Playstation Now or anything, I'm simply trying to logon to the PS Network, and it's not working. I don't have another PS Vita so I can't test to see if it's just this PS Vita or the network itself bugging out on me.

Also, can I transfer my PSVita data to another PS Vita ? HELP PLEASE!!

Last edited:
Thanks, it wasn't exactly the solution I used to ultimately fix my Vita's PSNetwork signin problem but I did give it a try [and it failed].

Turns out the new Verizon router in my house which replaced our older one doesn't support the use/some technical function of PSN server, so I switched back to using the older one [only replaced cause the verizon people decided to give everyone an unnecessary upgrade], and signed on fine~

Also, can I transfer my PSVita data to another PS Vita ? HELP PLEASE!!
Yes, you can by using Vita memory card. Be sure Vita memory card have same previous account or not it format itself. Its weird, I haven't trouble login in US 3G Vita using Wi-Fi. I login different PSN account like Hong Kong and Singapore. I'm planning to buy Japanese Vita soon, since my US 3G Vita is screen broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.
Groups23 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Could you upload fantia.jp/posts/2683868 ?
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.