What is 'fun'?

zetacross

Jun 14, 2011
I'm bored. Verily, could someone describe and/or give examples of 'fun'? What's the feeling of fun . . . ?

Lately I've been losing sense of what's fun, what's entertainment and generally feeling bored. I'm sure you've had those days where you're supposed to do some work/study but feeling lazy like a slime monster.

. . . or maybe cuz alot of these new games i played are dull and/or shorter than a nose hair.

My definition of fun is something that can take my mind of time and this real world.
So I usually play online FPS, Civilization 5 and watching anime. Sleeping is fun too, when there's nothing to do.
That's my $0.02.

fun ~ . . hmm.. kinda hard to express in words ~ since different people has unique interpretation what fun was

its like ~ light feeling, floating or heaven as they said about it ., happy and enjoyable ~.. cloud nine ~ somewhat your inside being is being lighten with bright colors ~ nature scene . . .

for source of fun ~ . . well i have a shallow taste of it ~ eating delicious food, interaction with friends, computer stuffs, anime/manga relate stuffs (includes cosplay) are somewhat fun to me that i think for now ~ . .

Fun is something personal and is depends entirely on yourself. In my case, anime, visual novels, games, listening music and searching for new music or MAD is fun for me. I don't really have a special feeling when something is fun but maybe I'm not good enough to put it into words. As long as it's something I want to do and I can kill some time, then it's fun for me.

fun is doing what you like, and doing it with real friends. you could have the latest gadgets, the most expensive stuff and all that, but if you really are not into it, then it's no fun at all. you would be just as better off as a person who's broke with nothing at all. playing angry birds on your brand new ipad 2 might be good, but fun for me is going diving on an exotic island, which i'm doing tomorrow.

Fun is spending time with my boys. When they are asleep I find playing some old games to be fun.

> List interests
> Pursue interests into unventured territory
> Include people if you are so inclined on said adventure
> Make new friends and discover related things
> ??????
> PROFIT!
> Repeat

So tempted to say something silly.

But anyway, FUN is... that escapist thing you do to forget reality. lol

Doh! Psychia, that was the bomb. How else can you sum something up for saying "What is Fun?".

Two thumbs up.

For me fun is to find answers to thing's I have no answer for at the current time, I enjoy searching and learning new things constantly. It is fun to make videos, drawings, sit back watch Anime (Even if I have seen it 10x before, talking to people on here :D that is all ways a blast.

Fun is really what you make it, I get in the rut sometimes where even the things I consider fun, just seem boring, and then I have to try and find something to take up the slack. Like recently I started tweaking Windows again started making custom W7 Themes again. I stopped making them last summer, and now find it fun again.

If you find the norm getting more boring than fun, try something you have never done before, but had interest in. :D OR! you can come to my house and mow the lawn if you want....lol

I'll come over and mow your yard...is it a big one???

I would like to see your win7 themes Mrs. Kimmy, The ones Microsoft has, I don't like.

I forgot to say mowing was a hobby of mine.

3.5 acres we have a riding mower for it, complete with stereo, a small cooler and soda holders! No AC tho lol if it had AC I would mow more haha!

Well get over here! Ill get Jan to cook you dinner and Ill make lunch.

fun? doing something you enjoy....
To watch a great movie, To read a good book, To wake up and watch a beautiful girl laying next to you....
to study jajajaja, Just kidding ;)

Fun would be :/ doing random stuff i guess... I can sit around drawing, playing random games, watching anime, workouts can be fun, reading books/manga, climbing around on anything i can is also quite fun, and being around friends can be fun. Probably tons of random other stuff i enjoy but dont notice as much.

. . . or maybe cuz alot of these new games i played are dull and/or shorter than a nose hair.
Agreed, they don't carry the same buzz that they used to. But fun is enjoying yourself, that feeling in the back of your head that says," do something do something " and is being drowned out by the torrent of metal music needs to be heard. If your staring at your desktop thinking... *insert zombie moan here* " must play something, nothing to play, must playay something, nothing to play " stand up and do jumping jacks, walk down your corridor doing a handstand, Dress up like a real zombie and scare your neighbors, write a short story and post it on the interweb, learn origami and make a paper battle tank, then make a million more and dominate the world with your army of inexpensive war crimes, and if that doesn't work take a walk around your street, you never know what might happen.

Last edited:
Fun is something that you do and would cause time to move faster than it should.

Fun is when you do something unnecessary, something what don't bring you any advantage at all, like Anime or reading a fantasy book. It's just entertainment, don't bring you any particular knowledge what would you bring further in life, like instead of reading a fantasy book you could study a fact book about biology and learn a lot with could help you in the future maybe. But "Fun" could also help you in special cases, likewise to relax, or teach you more about how to interact with other humans and improve your social engagements/skills. It always depends on what "Fun" you exactly are doing.. and all the other things named in this thread are "Fun" too! .... Mhh when I now think about it, fun for example with other humans can improve your social skills and youre maybe getting contacts which could help you out in certain situations.. so fun is not always just a waste of time! But I'm drifting away from the original question :D So for me is fun when youre personally enjoying things with yourself like looking at anime, or with your friends together on a trip ^_^ so if youre enjoying reading a factbook, thats fun for you too!

Fun to me is using the imagination, to create something outside of the physical reality. Even something like reading a book generates images of what I imagine the visuals to be like, how the voices sound, a scene that tickles many senses. Or something like 3D modelling or sewing outfits for my dolls, bringing some new creative piece to my little corner of reality, unfettered by real obligations. Or even something like travel, where my mind is doing something akin to making a book of memories to recall later, based on the present time, things like that.

Fun is what you make of your time to manipulate your reality in ways you find interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Suziiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Could you please reup this on mexashare if you have it still? Thanks

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/100924-ローズクラウン-bloods~淫落の血族2~.23054/
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.
somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.