Discussion%20Thread%20Rules%20for%20SOTM%20-%2049.png

Discussion%20Thread%20Rules%20Rules%20Part%201.png

Pure%20%26%20Innocence%20Line%20%28Dark%20Brown%29.png

Have%20Fun%20-%2050.png

Special%20White%20Day.png
Pure%20%26%20Innocence%20Line%20%28Dark%20Brown%29.png

Last edited:
Hmm... Hi D'angel!

I've sadly say: that I won't join this time, it's not because of the topic of this SOTM, but I'll be in the upcoming times busy, where then dunno if I ever able will be to join. - I'll be only able to promote this contest.
I wish then even for this turn much success^_^!

Best regards, N1.

Reactions: espiekerella
hm an otome themed SOTM i am seriously thinking participating at this one!

I have found this render here and i made the signature that i am wearing and that i will place at the entry thread.

i think it's perfect! personally i can't understand if it's an otome / white day signature, It amazing made but i don't know if it's has something to do with the theme...

hm an otome themed SOTM i am seriously thinking participating at this one!

I have found this render here and i made the signature that i am wearing and that i will place at the entry thread.
Nice render and very nice entry, though I think it's a bit oversaturated :)

personally i can't understand if it's an otome / white day signature, It amazing made but i don't know if it's has something to do with the theme...
As long as it has a good-looking guy, preferably presented in a romantic feel, it's fair game. ;)

As long as it has a good-looking guy, preferably presented in a romantic feel, it's fair game. ;)

Honestly i didn't know that i haven't ever seen an otome game. So i didn't know if it fits the theme.
I am more somewhat disatisfied because i don't see female artists to come over. Anyway i might have made a wrong choosing to present an another option at the SOTM...

Honestly i didn't know that i haven't ever seen an otome game. So i didn't know if it fits the theme.
I am more somewhat disatisfied because i don't see female artists to come over. Anyway i might have made a wrong choosing to present an another option at the SOTM...
I've read/played (and enjoyed) some. They're not all uniform; they come in various themes and flavours just like male-centric visual novels. I'd say Evdokia's signature fits. It certainly radiates romance, which is almost always the central theme in otome games (they're not just about pretty boys).

And don't sweat it. Women are always a minority on sites like this ;) I personally don't see anything wrong with men making signatures with a theme centring on romance either, just without the usual emphasis on pretty girls. (I've been thinking of participating myself, but I haven't been feeling really creative this year.)

I've read/played (and enjoyed) some. They're not all uniform; they come in various themes and flavours just like male-centric visual novels. I'd say Evdokia's signature fits. It certainly radiates romance, which is almost always the central theme in otome games (they're not just about pretty boys).

And don't sweat it. Women are always a minority on sites like this ;) I personally don't see anything wrong with men making signatures with a theme centring on romance either, just without the usual emphasis on pretty girls. (I've been thinking of participating myself, but I haven't been feeling really creative this year.)

Speaking from heart i was waiting many male artists users from the forum to not participate because the theme is not based on a sexy female character, but that's cruel, because only making signatures wallpapres i believe also to give a chance for the female fellow artists to arise i didn't belive so much negative reception from an otome them from the male artists of the forum.

Anyway, it was a choise of my own and i will bare any responsibility of a failure! But i believe i wasn't wrong to make an otome theme. Because sakura trees again and again we have done so many times...

I don't know how i should play or if even exists games that i can play this type to understand them a little because i have no clue.

I don't know Evi how is seeing the otome that's why was this neutral 1st post of mine towards her.

Speaking from heart i was waiting many male artists users from the forum to not participate because the theme is not based on a sexy female character, but that's cruel, because only making signatures wallpapres i believe also to give a chance for the female fellow artists to arise i didn't belive so much negative reception from an otome them from the male artists of the forum.

Anyway, it was a choise of my own and i will bare any responsibility of a failure! But i believe i wasn't wrong to make an otome theme. Because sakura trees again and again we have done so many times...
Easy. There are two issues here that you don't really need to worry that much about.

First, you're equating a general lack of participation with a negative response from the guys around here. The two things aren't the same. A lack of participation can have multiple reasons, such as being busy (like nanashi) or simply not feeling creative (like myself). It doesn't have to be due to a lack of interest in the theme. And, even if it's because of the theme, it's not really a big deal, because some people are obviously going to like certain themes more and other themes less.

It doesn't necessarily mean that a theme with a focus on pretty girls will draw in the guys and discourage the girls, or that a theme with a slant towards pretty boys will do the reverse.

Second, there's no threshold that makes a round a "success" or a "failure". The amount of participants is an easy metric to measure, but that doesn't always mean the theme of a given round and the number of participants in that round have a causative relationship. It doesn't automatically translate to "bad theme = few participants" or "good theme = many participants". Again, people have their own reasons to participate or not (for example, I myself tend to get much busier towards the end of the year).

You can't please everyone. You could try to gather input for what would be good for a theme, but if there's a lack of feedback, you'll have to decide anyway. Or, if you're also stuck, you could try running a free round with no theme. Our graphics community has never been that big anyway, and it' still the first week of the month, so don't put too much blame on yourself. Put simply, a theme doesn't decide everything, so chalking it up as a "failure" is silly.

i think it's perfect! personally i can't understand if it's an otome / white day signature, It amazing made but i don't know if it's has something to do with the theme...

Thanx Shishou but it's most closed that i liked and not to cross over the the lines. But yes i feel it's an otome theme.

Thank you Ignis. About the "oversatured" i seen normal in my monitor the white coloring the hair and feathers around them. I don't know? Maybe my laptop's monitor can't show me correctly the colors?
What it looks like to you [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=44312]Shishou[/MENTION];

Thanx Shishou but it's most closed that i liked and not to cross over the the lines. But yes i feel it's an otome theme.

Thank you Ignis. About the "oversatured" i seen normal in my monitor the white coloring the hair and feathers around them. I don't know? Maybe my laptop's monitor can't show me correctly the colors?
What it looks like to you [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=44312]Shishou[/MENTION];

In my screens sees to white loosing some details on the white areas. Maybe you should check your brightness contrast at your laptop's screen adjustments? (not that they will improve something extreme) but it's an option.

It's pretty difficult to show what it looks like on my monitor. Showing you a screenshot is just the same as showing you the signature itself, which may look different depending on your monitor configuration. I could take a pic of my monitor, but with the nature of monitors having their own backlight, it's going to be unclear and not representative of what I actually see.

If you think your monitor isn't properly configured, try adjusting the brightness or calibrating it. It's a highly subjective thing. I personally like my monitors dim with low saturation (but high saturation for gaming); you may have different tastes. There are a lot of tutorials around the 'net with different ways to calibrate your monitors, like this, this, this, this, and more.

But more to the point, I don't think it's a matter of monitor calibration/configuration. Saturation is a matter of taste and can be subjective, but in my opinion, your signature is oversaturated. The colours are a bit too strong and sharp, and the signature as a whole feels dry. It could be because most of the signature is composed of bright colours without any meaningful transition or gradient. It could be because lighting is applied globally and not used to emphasis a focal point over the rest.

If it were my work, I'd personally darken some areas, maybe blur the outer parts of the signature, and use lighting effects on certain points so as to make certain parts (particularly the focal point) bright and some others dark. But it's not mine, it's yours, and what works for you may be different. I don't know. Experiment and find out ;)

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; after from all what you said I took a copy of my psd and png file to a net cafe and I understand of what you said about the white areas are over saturated / very better say very white! I believe it's a problem with my laptop's screen. Because at my laptop i don't see it so bright! Well all it seems that I need to search for a new laptop!

For now I will leave the signature as is, if i can buy a new laptop at the Miele towards the end of month I might try a and fix my entry!

Thanks for mentioning [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION];!

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; after from all what you said I took a copy of my psd and png file to a net cafe and I understand of what you said about the white areas are over saturated / very better say very white! I believe it's a problem with my laptop's screen. Because at my laptop i don't see it so bright! Well all it seems that I need to search for a new laptop!

For now I will leave the signature as is, if i can buy a new laptop at the Miele towards the end of month I might try a and fix my entry!

Thanks for mentioning [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION];!

As i just suspected that you might have a hardware problem because i remember many times when we were coming over the screen of your laptop seemed to me do deemed?

You're welcome. If it's just a brightness/calibration issue, I doubt you'll need a new laptop. If it turns dim as DA mentioned, though, it may be early signs before dying. Though, if you use your laptop as desktop replacement (i.e. you don't need the mobility/portability), and other than the monitor the laptop is still otherwise fine, you may want to look into getting a cheap monitor.

Budget 1080p 22" monitors are pretty cheap nowadays; I don't know the price standards over there, but you may be able to get one below $100 (plus an additional $5 for the VGA cable or whatever connector you choose). This is getting a bit off-topic, though. :P

Hi [MENTION=130212]Balsa[/MENTION];!

I'd you inform: that your entry doesn't fit to this SOTM event. Where then please pay more attention on the event-theme.

Best regards, N1.

Hello [MENTION=130212]Balsa[/MENTION]; and welcome back.

Please you have to follow the Theme of the SOTM and that's the "White day". I would suggest you to change your entry if you want to be at he voting system.
Otherwise your entry if it will stay as it is, it will not be able to participate and it will be removed.

Thank you.

[MENTION=130212]Balsa[/MENTION]; I'll have to echo the others; yours is a magnificent entry, but the only semblance of a "white day" theme is that it features a good-looking guy :)

Damn it, it won't happen...>_>

Well, sorry that I couldn't take in this event (and even probably at the upcoming ones - keyword: work), where then...T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks