Discussion%20Thread%20Rules%20for%20SOTM.png

Discussion%20Thread%20Rules%20Rules%20Part%201%20-%2041.png

Pure%20%26%20Innocence%20Line%20%28Green%29.png

Have%20Fun%20-%2041.png

Alleyne%20Render%2001.png
Pure%20%26%20Innocence%20Line%20%28Green%29.png

Last edited:
Re: SOTM#41 - May 2016

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; i am starting to convinced that the 5 renders restriction might not work?! Let's see how it will goes until 20th of the month.
It's just the 6th! Way too early to judge. (Of course, this is coming from someone who usually submits entries in the last week of the month.) Let's wait a little longer. In the meantime, though, if the restriction on renders DOES feel unfavourable, we encourage would-be participants to speak up here.

It's just the 6th! Way too early to judge. (Of course, this is coming from someone who usually submits entries in the last week of the month.) Let's wait a little longer. In the meantime, though, if the restriction on renders DOES feel unfavourable, we encourage would-be participants to speak up here.

well it's true that is very early, i hope that will work.

I'm fine with the render restriction (mainly because it's my idea x3)
I'll join though, it's just that because of time constraints due to work I'm unable to start with the entry. But like Ignis said, we still have the rest of the month. We'll have to wait it out a bit longer and see.

Reactions: trtlatstewa

Yeah, remember. We had few such SOTM events, where in the last few days of the actual SOTM in flood joined are. Where then be cool...:bored:

Oooh, a render of Mieli! :bigeyes: Definitely participating in this round of the SOTM when I'm done with exams.

Very nice entry [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; ^^

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; I will remove the 5 renders restriction because it was a very bad idea in the end with only one entry and it's 20th of June. So do you want people to remove the rule or to leave it as it is and have a solo entry? And the next SOTM will be with the old rules that we are using and till now we have very good results.

I am officially declare this SOTM one as a totally failure to that point i felt to apologies to everyone, I shouldn't have listen to any new suggestion and proceed with the old way, MY mistake!

I am deeply sorry!

Hi [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION];!

Well, we could to the old route go again (though I liked this idea/event...xD), but I remain with my entry for now - For this event. Because I wanted try and I found it interesting.

And don't feel sorry, none could it know that the thing so turning out would - Every project starts with a unknown result at end. Where then, be cool!

Reactions: Hexagon and Evdokia

[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION];

I agree with 7shi. We were just trying to spice things up a bit without knowing how it would turn out. We tried and we failed. Now we can go back to the old SOTM. That's all there is to it.

I'll just echo what nanashi and unown have said. Besides, it's not the end of the month yet. As I said a while back, when you give people a month to do a task that definitely don't require that much to finish, expect them to procrastinate and delay it until the deadline's close. Of course, this is coming from someone who's second to none when it comes to procrastination. :P

I wanted to touch on a point you raised, though:

I shouldn't have listen to any new suggestion and proceed with the old way, MY mistake!
I think it's fine to try out new ideas every now and then. Of course, there's always the risk that it flops and/or deters others from participating, but that's expected. I mean, come on, when I took over the SOTM from Pinky, I also tried out a few new things. A new layout, some changes to the rules, and a generally different approach to handling it.

Maybe I didn't invite new participants in droves, but if you look at the current SOTM and WOW threads, I think I kinda set a trend, if I may say so myself. ;) So, don't get discouraged just by one blunder, in my opinion. And don't fault yourself too much either.

[MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; I feel responsible, so i have to say i am sorry for that turn of the event :(

Maaaaaaaan D'angel, don't be so dark (even if in your username contains). Hey, even the biggest developers on the world had their hit and flops: Like Window at their two OS's Vista and Win8 - these was indeed terrible, the others was/are more or less decent-good. You should look up and not down, this SOTM-event was really interesting and promising (I had at least my fun with!), just fate it seems doesn't wanted that this any fruits bear should. What I saying wanna is, that you're not guilty for, but more likely the time/period (whatever) where we're now, okay? Take it easy, it's not a big deal...^_^!

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; i feeling better, well the next one is gonna be the original way and also has the feel of summer. A beta banner/pattern bbcode post was already posted at the tutorial section.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; i feeling better, well the next one is gonna be the original way and also has the feel of summer. A beta banner/pattern bbcode post was already posted at the tutorial section.

Is OK. Nice to hear that, and I'll then a view throw there...xD

Reactions: Hexagon and Evdokia

Some minor updates might be done in later time :)

I checked the Beta SOTM 42 post at bbcode section and it was very nice. About the 5 renders restriction if the forum was specified for exclusive art work it would work but because we aren't an exclusive art community that restriction couldn't made a good progress!

Also no need to blame your self!

I checked the Beta SOTM 42 post at bbcode section and it was very nice. About the 5 renders restriction if the forum was specified for exclusive art work it would work but because we aren't an exclusive art community that restriction couldn't made a good progress!

Also no need to blame your self!

Well i tryied to please everyone. But that backfired me :) Well new things have always risks :)

Yeah, it's a really nice one. Everything blends together nicely like a painting... the colour scheme even makes it look kinda like a fresco to me.

Reactions: Velenora
Status
Not open for further replies.