Implemented Thread title character limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otokonoko

Contributor
Apr 1, 2012
After maintenance, thread title character limit was reduced to only 150 characters. Its hard to upload long title threads, please config it back to unlimited like before :).

I don't recall us ever having no character limit for thread titles before. The system has a hard limit of 251 characters for thread/post titles, so making it unlimited is impossible. I've extended the limit to 250 characters, which is only 5 characters short from the 255-character limit to file names on Windows systems (meaning something is likely wrong with your title if it needs more than that many).

Upvote 0
Thanks Ignis, this is good enough, i just don't remember how many characters limit before :)
An example of freaking long title: 寝取られ男の娘 ~俺の幼馴染みの無邪気な彼女(男の娘)がまさか粗暴な体育教師に弱みを握られて調教されていつの間にか快楽に溺れてアヘアヘダブルピースで…~

Upvote 0
I see. I do remember encountering such absurdly long titles before, which indeed seem to be most common among certain hentai genres. The title you pasted has 77 characters, but 221 bytes in total, making it a problem with strict character limitations like what we have on thread titles.

At some point, it just can't be helped, as the system has its own hard limit. Should a title ever be that ridiculously long, please make efforts to shorten it somehow, such as by excluding the subtitle (the bits wrapped inside - or ~ in most cases).

In any case, this issue is considered solved. Thread locked.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha