Implemented Shoutbox in the Forum, Japanese Learning Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdragonx

Fallen Angel
Oct 18, 2010
Well.. About Shoutbox, how about add a gadget on the sidebar with shoutbox? (which currently have new thread, recent reply and so..)
Japanese Learning Section, or Translation Helping Section?
Or Game Translation Update Section?

Just a Simple Suggestion =]
(When Can I Use a 150 x 250 img as avatar ><, its limit is 200 x 200 now..)

You see the blocks in the right, I can put the shout box there.

The Japanese learning section isn't a bad idea, but who would teach?

Upvote 0
Well... Teach Each Other? Well.. The Mod Will Have To Think Of A System So That They Can Learn From Each Other..

Upvote 0
eXalpha shoutbox on the board? I say no. It's been a convenient means for us to communicate, but I don't think it would be a good idea to put it on the board. Remember that anyone can use any name unless it's registered. It's prone to identity abuse. If we want to have a shoutbox on the board, I think it'll be better to use a shoutbox mod for vBulletin like CC Chatbox or maybe something lighter (not sure what's compatible with vB 4).

As about Japanese learning section, I think it's a good idea if it gets enough attention. On HF, it does, and members quite actively converse in their Japanese conversation thread (well, but then again, it's hard to compare many boards with them in terms of activity and the likes). On SH, we started a learning section per my suggestion, but it got deserted eventually. However, when we started, a moderator posted basic lessons like hiragana & katakana table, basic words & expressions, etc; and the threads got very high attention like 100 or so thanks (just fyi, newbs in SH are usually ingrates who don't know how to thank and rep, so one post having that amount of thanks is aijkuflkashdl rare).

So to cap it up, we can't deny that Japanese is a language with very high demand, especially among people interested in Japanese stuff like ourselves. If you promise to be active and of course moderate the section, Gd (no fret, I will help and guide in moderating), then sure, we can realise such a section.

Upvote 0
And GD hasn't replied. Someone if not me, you should bring Iggy's post into his attention.

For the Avatar difference between staff and registered members was made because I wanted to see the difference in the little avatar preview you get in the forum blocks.
Rectangular avatars look bad.

Talking about thanks and rep, I need to write the Guideline to control it...

Upvote 0
Re: [Suggestion] Shoutbox in the Forum, Japanese Learning Section

And GD hasn't replied. Someone if not me, you should bring Iggy's post into his attention

Iggy's post: 1+AM
Tes's post: 5+ AM

How you expect me to reply at such a time? =.=...
Btw, well if you dont mine me (a total newb for a mod) to take such a job, of coz i'm willing to help out =]

Upvote 0

Well, Gd, please tell me: what do you expect to be in that section?
Can you give me a brief enlightenment first so that I will know what to add as the section description and whatnot?

Upvote 0

Well, Gd, please tell me: what do you expect to be in that section?
Can you give me a brief enlightenment first so that I will know what to add as the section description and whatnot?

Upvote 0

Well.. from My Post, i listed this 3
Japanese Learning Section
Translation Helping Section
Game Translation Update Section

But as section i think The Main Section will just be a
"Japanese Section"
and then Sub-Forum: (Don't Mind The Name Yet)
-Learning [which should be teaching post included hiragana katagana and so, questioning goes to another section]
-Questioning [ as simple as its name, when member have problem with translating, post a problem here, once the problem is solved, close the topic]
-Chatting [simple as well, a forum to chat, sure, with rules of 30 days inactive = close topic and so]
-Vn/eroge Translation Update [which we could included Update Of both Chiense and English Transation Group's progress (if found)]

So far this is what i tot of.. well.. i'll tell if i've any new idea~

--
btw.. why did you double posted? =.=..||

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sounds good. Well, deducting your explanation, this is what I have in mind:

Main section: Japanese Section
Description: A section dedicated to using Japanese. Learning, teaching each other, asking questions, conversing - this is the right place.
Subsections:
  • Lessons: If you have Japanese knowledge and would like to share it, have no doubt to create your own lessons here.
  • Questions & Answers: You have questions regarding Japanese? Think that verbal explanations are more efficient than dictionaries or text books? Fire away!
  • Chats: Have general conversations done in Japanese here! General forum rules still apply, and please do not flame those not too skilled. Instead, help them.

Guro Dragon xXx said:
-Vn/eroge Translation Update [which we could included Update Of both Chiense and English Transation Group's progress (if found)]
If there are people dedicated to updating it with news, maybe. If not, then nope.
Also, even if there are, I think we won't have a whole subsection dedicated just for that. Seriously, one thread would suffice.
Not to mention there are already sites like this: http://translationlibrary.blicky.net/ff/ff_vnlibrary.htm

Guro Dragon xXx said:
btw.. why did you double posted? =.=..||
Ignis is famous for double posting with his laggy connection.

However, now that you mention it, shouldn't double posts be auto-merged or auto-prevented?

Upvote 0

Is there any difference between Auto-prevented and Auto-Merged? =.=

Btw sonuds good for the Section =]

Upvote 0

It should be like this: when you double post, if both posts have the same content, the board will say something like "This message is a duplicate of the one you have just posted in X minutes.", and you will get redirected back to the topic. When you post consecutively without new posts in-between, if the posts have different content, they will get merged into one post.

Ok, will be making the section and adjusting stuffiez.

Upvote 0

when you double post, if both posts have the same content, the board will say something like "This message is a duplicate of the one you have just posted in X minutes.", and you will get redirected back to the topic.
well, this one will be better.. in other way, people will know that they're laggin'..

Upvote 0

They're for different situations and usually the combination between the two is to go. I also noticed that the auto-prevention function has a tendency not to work (on other forums) when the cause is a laggy connection. ~_~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha