Fixed site loading problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurichan

プリキュア
Oct 23, 2011
I have been visiting AS for a while now. Ever since last year at least and abit before that. And it occured to me that everytime I visit the site my computer is lagging heavily. It only happens with AS. It does not matter what browser I use. My CPU takes a sky high huge load of resources to run the site.

I thought it would be solved eventually or that it had to do something with my location which is Europe. But it has been going on for a long time now. This makes viewing the site hugely troublesome. To the point it's just annoying. One of the reason I don't have much posts.

Is it only me who has this happening. And is there a solution for it which I doubt. I know abit about webdeveloping. Is it possible to tone down on things. Like smaller signatures or something because it's taking down the performance of the site.

I think it is possible to turn off signatures and the such if that would help you
My computer also lags after a while but im not sure if i can blame AS for that as much as the amount of tabs/windows i have open... I find reopening the browser helps stop the lagginess for some reason

Upvote 0
For better understanding of the problem, I'd need:

A brief specification of your PC: CPU, RAM, OS, and Browser

I'll also need the url of the forum where it lags you heavily (please copy and paste), are you lagging in the download section?

Upvote 0
I get that occasionally as well using Firefox, but only when I open the site in new window. My whole PC freezes for few seconds.
Not sure if it's the same problem as yours though seeing as I only get it occasionally.

Edit: For reference
Core2Quad @ 3.0GHz
16GB RAM
Vista Ultimate
Firefox

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm...that's interesting.

I have no lag at all...

My system specs:

Laptop: Dell

CPU: 2.0 GHz single core.
Ram: 1.5 GB.
Vram: 128 Mb
Browser: Firefox

Upvote 0
Pretty sure it's on your end. I don't encounter such problems even when I'm opening the site on my old notebook with a Core2Duo T7100 and 2GB DDR2 (Chrome on Win7 Ultimate). As stated above, it's hardly any script- or object-heavy. No flash whoring and such.

Aside of what corocoro has suggested, you may also want to try to block the background and banner by applying a filter to like
images.anime-sharing.info/images/banner/* and anime-sharing.com/forum/images/banner/*

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies. I just want to make the site beter.

I have two computers a PC which has 4 GB ram and the site loads well on. And a laptop which the site loads slow. My laptop is a few years old. I use AMD sempron 1GB ram. I can visit sites like google and other dynamic sites well. I think it has to do with the combination of too much content, images, css, javascript it loads slow.

To give an example. If it's not allowed to name another site please say so. But when I visit the hf forum site it loads fast. If I use the scroll bar at the right it also scrolls up smoothly up and down. If I load the AS forum site it loads more slowly and if I use the scroll bar at the right. To go up and down it staggers. The same happens when I visit a thread.

I do like to thank everyone for this site. It is very interesting.

Upvote 0
The website requires a minimum specification of atleast 2.0Ghz of CPU clockspeed available.

Unfortunately, due to how we design the Downloads section, a GPU-enabled browser (all modern browser support this) is strongly recommended when browsing the Downloads section.

It is natural if you feel a little lag when you browse the Downloads section.

Mentioning of other websites is allowed.

Upvote 0
I just noticed that it got alot faster. Thanks alot checkmate.

I use IE as browser by the way. Not the best browser.

Upvote 0
IE as browser
In my opinion:

While IE6 and IE7 is a nightmare to deal with, IE8 is decent and IE9 is absolutely on par with any modern browser you can find.

If you use IE9, it's totally fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.