Answered Hosts I Won't Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
Seriously, stop asking for them. There are reasons I avoid those pieces of crap and they're not going to change any time soon:

• Gaiafile: Scam.
  • Usershare: Buggy and nobody was downloading from it anyway. Their premium speeds are also laughably low (don't waste your money here, people).
  • Oron: 500GB space limit makes them unusable. I use more space every two weeks.
  • Hotfile: Hash-based deletions makes it hard to upload. They also closed like half a dozen accounts of various staff members, so we're holding somewhat of a grudge against them now.
  • Megaupload: Upload-speed is heavily throttled to around 1% of what other hosts permit. This makes uploading take pretty much forever. Once you add in that the "file management" they have is more of a joke and unusable for large numbers of files (I'm at over 30 000 now) and that they did cheat uploaders (including me) in the past, it should become obvious why Megaupload is better to be avoided.
    Besides, their current behavior mirrors earlier actions from Rapidshare, so they might go down the same path and be pretty much dead in a couple months anyway.
  • Mediafire: Slow upload speeds, a lot of broken uploads, and split archives get randomly corrupted over time. I'm not going to waste hours every day to fix files because they're too incompetent to provide stable servers. There's also evidence they delete accounts holding too much data, citing DMCA complaints (this happened to a friend of mine even though he never received a single takedown notice for any of his files), which makes me even more unlikely to use Mediafire.

This list is not complete and I reserve the right to not use any host for any reason. I'm using my time and bandwidth to provide a service to you (and you'll be hard pressed to find another uploader pushing the quantities of files I do in the same fast speed, all the while ensuring there are no dead links) and I'd rather stop completely than suffer with crappy hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha