Answered Creating a new thread failed with 504 Gateway timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

enimaroah

Modding Dai Shogun
Apr 8, 2013
Hi,

When I created a new thread with a post of > 100k I got the 504 error. I tried to send it a second time and the site returned with the error that a thread with the same name would exist.

A few minutes later I repeated all that and failed again. So I created it a third time and used only a stub text. That worked. I edited the text and replaced the stub with the full text successfully.

But a few minutes later the first post was gone, and only the thread exists.

The maximum amount of characters you can have in a post is 150 000. This was probably the cause of the 504 error you got. Even if your post wasn't that long, if it really had over 100 000 characters, you could've simply timed out while trying to submit the post due to its size.

As about the second problem―that you got an error saying a thread with the same name already existed―it was because your post got into the moderation queue. This means that one of your attempts at making the post go through was probably successful. However, since it was your first post and you had many links embedded, it might have landed on our spam filter and placed the post in the moderation queue.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your explanation and for allowing the post. I will cut the history and maintain only the last 10 versions. That should be enough anyway and will reduce the number of links.

Upvote 0
The spam filter only checks the first couple posts, so you shouldn't land in the moderation queue anymore, by the way.

Upvote 0
Hehe, thanks! I will try my best to prevent the need for moderating my posts in any case :)

I have cut the post already (<20k now) which speeds up loading the thread and editing the post.

Upvote 0
You can, of course, split the entire body of text that you want to post into several posts.
In preparation, you can make a few consecutive posts merely saying "reserved for future updates" or something along the lines and edit them when the necessity arises.

Our pleasure; I'll consider the issue resolved. Feel free to post another enquiry if you run into more problems.
Thread locked.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.