[Misc] PlayHome VR

Riqorm

Oct 27, 2017
This mod adds VR Support to PlayHome. It is based on Eusth's framework and plug-ins for prior Illusion games.

Installation
  • Download the latest release and extract it into your PlayHome directory.
  • Drag the game executable onto IPA.exe
  • Start SteamVR, run and Enjoy!

ChangeLog
Code:
- Touching
- New Obey Tool

- Post processing effects added
- More fixes and stuff. See the release page for details

- Added PlayTool (new VR tool). See the release notes for details how to use it
- Fixed Skybox in cam

- Forked from akoaybobo
- Added support for impersonation

Download
Quick Manual

Feel free to post comments and questions here

Last edited:
Great to see someone picking up the slack our beloved Eusth left behind! Illusion is supposed to release their own native VR patch soon but going by past experience I bet their solution will be inferior to your 0.1 alpha version of Eusth's original mod.

0.6 is done:

This release features a new VR Tool, the Obey Tool. At this point, "Undress Tool" would be probably the more fitting name because right now that's what it does: You grab the piece of clothing you want to remove, pull on it and it is taken off. Just point the controller at the body until a hand cursor appears and keep the trigger pulled while moving the controller.

Immersion-breaking game menus be gone!

Thanks for continuing this great mod; I've tried both 0.5 and 0.6 and the image is extremely zoomed in; like I'm looking through tilted binoculars. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for continuing this great mod; I've tried both 0.5 and 0.6 and the image is extremely zoomed in; like I'm looking through tilted binoculars. Has this happened to anyone else?

Mhm. Try turning off the post-processing effects to figure out if that's the problem (if it worked before 0.5 that is). Otherwise it does sound like you changed the scaling, deleting the VRSettings.xml should reset any changes you made.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for working on the VR Mod for this! Appreciate the effort!

I've got a couple of questions though:
1) For Standing, Mode, is it possible to turn off that floating head of the male character(s) when you have selected 'invisible' or 'penis only'?
Oddly, there are some positions where the 'floating head' does not appear.

2) Is there a setting that defines the radius of the VR Headset?
I'm asking, cos if you're close (but still perceived as 'not touching') the girls head, it already removes the 'skin' and one can see inside the head. (This makes no sense if this were taken out of context...)

3) Pointing at the 'position square' (?) (in the bottom right corner of the menu) and trying to move the dot does not seem to work with me. Any idea why?

4) Is there a way to decrease the 'sensitivity' if you want to move/rotate the characters? Right now they immediately move out of sight, or rotate like 3 times.

Sorry of all the questions!

Version 0.7 is out and touching is in. Check out the releases.

Thanks a lot for working on the VR Mod for this! Appreciate the effort!
I've got a couple of questions though:
1) For Standing, Mode, is it possible to turn off that floating head of the male character(s) when you have selected 'invisible' or 'penis only'?
Oddly, there are some positions where the 'floating head' does not appear.
This happens when you move too close to a male head (it gets disabled by the plugin so it's not in the way) and then move away - it get's reenabled again. Even if you wanted it to stay hidden. Easy solution for now: Don't move close to the head. Will probably get fixed in a later version.

2) Is there a setting that defines the radius of the VR Headset?
I'm asking, cos if you're close (but still perceived as 'not touching') the girls head, it already removes the 'skin' and one can see inside the head. (This makes no sense if this were taken out of context...)
Yes and the setting was set wrong in the prior version. Install the current release and delete "VRContext.xml"

3) Pointing at the 'position square' (?) (in the bottom right corner of the menu) and trying to move the dot does not seem to work with me. Any idea why?
Mhm, never noticed. Never tried to use it. I have some ideas why, but all of them are deep in the code. Might get fixed in a later version. For now I suggest using the PlayTool which has the same functionality with the touchpad just a lot more comfortable (if you are using a Vive anyway).

4) Is there a way to decrease the 'sensitivity' if you want to move/rotate the characters? Right now they immediately move out of sight, or rotate like 3 times.
Not at the moment. Again maybe in future releases.

Reactions: KillNister
I just registered on this site to thank you for your work on this ingenious mod.
I am extremely curious to see which features you will add in the future.

Edit: There is no chance to move any person in VR. Everytime I try to move them, they glitch away.
Has somebody found a working solution for this?

Last edited:
Hi OP, now that the studio is out, are you still working on this? Would be nice to have VR in the studio!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha
Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi if you get time can you reupload this please.