[Patch] Honey Select - MF Patch + EMF Patch

Dr Yoshi

Mad Scientist
Nov 7, 2013
Our good friend Inquisitor used to say that the acronym in "HF Patch" stands for "Have Fun". And now that I took over the task of packaging and releasing such mod bundles, I want to push those even further forward...

And allow players to have more fun. And even more fun, if possible. Hence, the new MF and EMF Patches.

The MF Patch will focus on providing a complete, up-to-date, uncensored, and translated experience to players in a single package. Meanwhile, the EMF Patch will include the exact same content and top it off with a curated selection of the most-used and most-favoured mods, in order to deliver to players the very best of our awesome modding community within a single installation.

Honey Select MF & EMF Patches

MF PATCHEMF PATCH
Version 0.4 - 416.0 MBVersion 0.4 - 809.9 MB

Includes :
  • 12/26 Update : Append Data + Studio Ver.6 by Illusion
  • Pre-Order bonuses : Panther, Apron, Oiran, Sexy Magician, Nekomimi and Idol Sets by Illusion
  • Honey Select English Launcher 1.0.3.6 by MegaKameha
  • UI Translation Loader v0.16 by Akyryz
  • Text and UI Translation 22-12-16 by Lewton, asdfqwertyasdf, psymon2 et al.
  • SBX2 Uncensor 1.3 + DLC Update (female uncensor) by Stampar and Belgar17
  • SBX2 Pubic Hair Patch 1.1b by Stampar and Belgar17
  • Male Uncensor from PlayClub v4.1 by cur144, rathren and RLA
  • 100% Game Save (all achievements) provided by DigitalArtNet

Includes :
  • Everything that already is in the MF Patch
  • Custom Juice Texture BETA3b by Stampar
  • 4K Face Project (V4) by plasticmind
  • 4K Texture Maps for SBX2 by plasticmind
  • 4K Diffuse Initial Pack (Final Version - 02.14 fix) by plasticmind
  • Illusion Plug-In Architecture 3.1a by EusthEnoptEron
  • WideSlider 0.7.1 by vrl0ver
  • GGMod (high-heels) for HoneySelect by MayaR1 and Aastaroth
  • SkinTexMod v2.0 by Alexae
  • HS Studio Addon 0.9.4 by vrl0ver

More Information

Important Notes

• This is the initial version of the first patch I release. Expect it to burn your computer, eat your kitten and rape your little sister. Or at least to mess up your game folder, so don't forget to BACK UP FIRST.
  • Most of the texture packs made by plasticmind will slightly alter your girls skin colour and shininess, so be prepared to reedit them. The 4K Diffuse Initial Pack also has incompatibilities with custom tattoos, moles, and other textures.
Known Issues

• The installer doesn't check for .Net framework that is needed for launcher.
  • The installer doesn't provide options to fix the registry if needed nor to install a shortcut on your desktop.
Roadmap

• Resolve the known issues and try to keep the content up-to-date.
  • Add more hair, clothing and texture options.
Version History

0.4 (2017.02.19) : Implemented VR support ; Implemented safety check before installation ; Added HoneySelectVR 0.6 (EMF only); Added HSStudioAddon 0.9.4 (EMF only); Updated Illusion Plugin Architecture to 3.1a (EMF only); Updated WideSlider to 0.7.1 (EMF only) ; Updated 4K Diffuse Initial Pack to Final Version 02.14 (EMF only);
0.3 (2017.01.15) : Added new pre-order bonuses (Sexy Magician, Nekomimi and Idol Sets) ; Updated Append Data + Studio to Ver.6 (12/22 update hotfix) ; Updated Text and UI translation to 22-12-16 version ; Updated Honey Select Launcher to 1.0.3.6 ; Updated SBX2 Uncensor to 1.3 + DLC Patch ; Updated SBX2 Pubic Hair Patch to 1.1b ; Updated 4K Face Project to V4 (EMF only); Updated SBX2 Custom Juice Textures to Beta3b (EMF only); Updated 4K Diffuse Initial Pack to Final Version (EMF only)
0.2 (2016.11.11) : Initial Release
0.1 (2016.11.06) : Internal Test Version - Unreleased

Last edited:
Congratulations for the first two patches! This will help people inexperienced to modding alot. Thank you for taking this big task.

What about redistribution? Do you plan to release and maintain this on HF too?

Congratulations for the first two patches! This will help people inexperienced to modding alot. Thank you for taking this big task.

Thanks. There are quite a lot of people that are having troubles getting everything right when installing the updates and mods, and I hope those patches will help.

I also hope I didn't fuck anything up, since I changed quite a lot of things from the sources that Inquisitor sent me. I thoroughly tested everything, but initial releases are rarely bug-free.

What about redistribution? Do you plan to release and maintain this on HF too?

Eventually. But HF is still undergoing some pretty heavy issues, so I'm holding a bit before releasing the patches out there.

The biggest problem is the atrocious caching. Last time I started a thread on HF, it could take weeks before my last edit were displayed, resulting in the OP showing outdated content to thousands of users. It's an issue that is lasting and still is currently unresolved (and I honestly doubt in HF ability to ever fix his board).

I really don't want to have to maintain another thread in those same conditions : serving outdated builds and/or broken links for days is going to lead to a PR and support nightmare. Providing support is already going to be a mess because of the board sluggishness and that awful comment + notification system, and this is only going to make things worse.

Right now, I'm considering simply linking the MEGA / Mediafire folders to make sure users can grab the latest versions, redirecting here for them to get up-to-date informations, and to provide only minimal support on HF.

Only a fool would expect a debut to be perfect :)

For HF, it could be a temporary solution to create a stub topic and maintain the actual content in the second post. The stub could still contain a link to this topic on AS, but HF users searching for the patch will find it at least. This might prevent "where is the patch" questions in other topics hopefully. And I could make the stub closed after your creation. So support can be directed to this topic on AS as well (except for some Chrome-worshippers thinking themselves secure).

Thanks a lot, this was much needed! It will be very useful for casual users and modders alike. Now instead of teaching people how to install or repair mods one by one you can just send them to the big patch :D

I noticed a few possible problems tho, although that's to be expected from an early release. For instance, I wouldn't include custom juice textures for now, it's beta version and needs more testing, right now pantyhose for instance is showing behind the panties, and not above as intended. This is a layer problem and there might be others I didn't find yet, like with swimwear or god knows what. Fixes are on the way tho.

Also, I believe "4k diffuse initial pack" is a very tricky mod to include right now, since it will render vanilla skins unusable (therefore screwing already made characters until the skin is manually changed). I don't know how well will it react with suntans, aside from the thing you already mentioned (skintextmod, tattoos, moles, etc). Make sure this is stated in the installer (can't test it right now so sorry if it was already) or we might end up making it worse for the casual users!

@Stampar - I was just about to point that out, as well. I wouldn't recommend including the Skin Diffuse pack, unless you want plenty of extra questions and headaches from both newbies and veterans, alike.

Only a fool would expect a debut to be perfect :)

It's far from being perfect, that's for sure. And I didn't expect it to be. But, at the very least, it should work properly : it would be pretty shameful for me to release software that doesn't do what I want it to do.

Since I didn't get any complaint so far, I guess I didn't screw anything. That's a relief.

Thanks a lot, this was much needed! It will be very useful for casual users and modders alike. Now instead of teaching people how to install or repair mods one by one you can just send them to the big patch :D

This is the goal : one big patch to rule them all.

Now that you are talking about modders, I wonder if I should try to integrate some HS-related utilities like the cool tools made by [MENTION=131727]DillDoe[/MENTION] and [MENTION=131811]YashoriAmamiya[/MENTION] (HiR, SlotID, WaifuRipper...). They wouldn't fit in the MF Patch (that I try to keep as minimal as possible), but could have their place in the extended EMF version.

By the way, if you have recommendations for any mod that you think should be packaged in the bundle, please let me know. Internally, I also refer to those patches as "Modders Favourites" and try to include mods that reached consensus amongst the community.

So, I also expect all of you to participate, submit and suggest works that you believe should be standard.

Personally, I'm voting for your HS Nipple Pack : I saw a lot of character cards and Studio scenes using your titties, and think that I should include it in the next iteration of the patch.

I noticed a few possible problems tho, although that's to be expected from an early release. For instance, I wouldn't include custom juice textures for now, it's beta version and needs more testing, right now pantyhose for instance is showing behind the panties, and not above as intended. This is a layer problem and there might be others I didn't find yet, like with swimwear or god knows what. Fixes are on the way tho.

Oh, I totally overlooked that issue... I guess I didn't test enough.

Testing mods that should be included in the patch is god-damn hard. After a few minutes of testing, I always end up with a rock-solid boner that I have no other choice but to beat down... Those darn pantihose were probably pulled away before I had the time to realise they weren't overlaying properly.

I'll update to BETA3 as soon as possible, and will refrain from including the Custom Juice Textures in the "Recommended" list of mods as long as it's not fully-tested and marked stable.

Also, I believe "4k diffuse initial pack" is a very tricky mod to include right now, since it will render vanilla skins unusable (therefore screwing already made characters until the skin is manually changed). I don't know how well will it react with suntans, aside from the thing you already mentioned (skintextmod, tattoos, moles, etc). Make sure this is stated in the installer (can't test it right now so sorry if it was already) or we might end up making it worse for the casual users!
@Stampar - I was just about to point that out, as well. I wouldn't recommend including the Skin Diffuse pack, unless you want plenty of extra questions and headaches from both newbies and veterans, alike.

Currently, the 4K Textures are not part of the "Recommended" installation, and are marked with a "[CAUTION : This mod will cause incompatibilities and requires characters to be reedited]" disclaimer. I don't plan to make them part of the default set, but only offer them as an alternative, so I guess it should be fine.
And I must confess that I ship them with the EMF Patch mainly because I use them myself. As far as I'm concerned, the bump in quality is just too good to use anything else than true 4K textures.

Now, if there's an alternative way to enable high-resolution textures in the game and achieve the same result, I'm open for any suggestion. Currently, only SkinTexMod allows to inject textures in the game, but I feel like they're downsampled to 1024x1024 (or 2048x2048) at runtime to "fit" in the game : it's unfortunately not as smooth as plasticmind's solution, which comes with modified binaries that force everything to be processed at a higher resolution.

In the end, I may end up breaking things in little bit so we can install them separately with the patch : for example, only installing the "Force 4K" binaries from plasticmind's mod along HD textures made for SkinTexMod while keeping the vanilla materials intact to prevent everything to shine like mad. I need to test and see what kind of binaries, mods, materials and textures combinations can be achieved to customise the game to better fit everyone's taste.

But honestly, I would rather use "non-destructive" mods, since I really don't like altering the game files : it always leads to conflicts and issues when there's an update to install (requiring mods to be updated and reapplied), as well as discrepancies and incompatibilities with pre-existing content (like the characters that need to be re-edited) and other mods.
I strongly believe that the less we modify the game files, the better it is : ultimately, all mods should come with their own files that don't overwrite anything from the vanilla installation (like most of the clothing mods). To me, one of the best framework ever made is Sybaris (for CM3D2) : it uses a DLL shim/proxy to inject dependencies, meaning you don't even have to modify the game binaries (unlike IPA), and all the mods made for it lie in their own folder, separate from the original game files, making them really easy to manage.

Look good..i install patch EMF and now i can't get The Shortcuts Plugin POV to work sometime ok but sometime girl just "freeze" in game lol...would you mind get the Shortcuts Pugin POV to join the Patch next version? or how can i make it work? and have no problem before install patch EMF.

Look good..i install patch EMF and now i can't get The Shortcuts Plugin POV to work sometime ok but sometime girl just "freeze" in game lol...would you mind get the Shortcuts Pugin POV to join the Patch next version? or how can i make it work? and have no problem before install patch EMF.

I also use the POV Mode from [MENTION=133072]Animat0r[/MENTION]'s Shortcuts Plugin, but never faced such an issue. And I don't know of anything in the EMF Patch that could cause incompatibilities with this plugin (I only pack WideSlider and GGMod).

I need more information... What happen if you press Shift+G to reset the settings ? The Advanced POV Mode (O) is said to impact performance, so those "freeze" may be caused by your computer struggling with the recalculations. Are you playing on a laptop or low-power PC ? Are you using the 32 or the 64 bit version of the game ?

4K Diffuse Initial Pack is based on Cyberbeing's graphics patch, you should put his name in the credits as well. And for people don't want 4K diffuse, they may still need this patch, it dose not have any compatible issues in the latest release now.

4K Diffuse Initial Pack is based on Cyberbeing's graphics patch, you should put his name in the credits as well. And for people don't want 4K diffuse, they may still need this patch, it dose not have any compatible issues in the latest release now.

Oh... So, the patched DLLs that come with your mod and force everything to be processed in 4K were made by [MENTION=131778]Cyberbeing[/MENTION] ? I didn't know, since I'm having a really hard time following what happens on HF.

I'll take a look at this. As mentioned in my previous post, I'd like to have something that is as modular as possible so users can mix and match textures and materials depending on their taste.

And right now, it's a little bit difficult to know where to look and who did what and what is changed without having to browse dozen of threads to grab all the files and study them with Sb3UGS and ILSpy.

When you release mods, do not hesitate to include very technical details about the changes you made. It may be useless for the average user, but for modders it's really good to know that "I took the binaries from this mod and patched Assembly-CSharp-firstpass to change UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.Antialiasing.blurRadius value" or "I also changed the material properties of cf_m_body to lower the specular since the textures I packed in the cf_t_body.unity3d bundle are brighter than the vanilla ones".

And now that I'm checking his release post, I realise that this is what Cyberbeing is doing to some extent. Kudos to him : having detailed documentation of the changes made and technique used helps A LOT.

Oh... So, the patched DLLs that come with your mod and force everything to be processed in 4K were made by [MENTION=131778]Cyberbeing[/MENTION] ? I didn't know, since I'm having a really hard time following what happens on HF.

I'll take a look at this. As mentioned in my previous post, I'd like to have something that is as modular as possible so users can mix and match textures and materials depending on their taste.

And right now, it's a little bit difficult to know where to look and who did what and what is changed without having to browse dozen of threads to grab all the files and study them with Sb3UGS and ILSpy.

When you release mods, do not hesitate to include very technical details about the changes you made. It may be useless for the average user, but for modders it's really good to know that "I took the binaries from this mod and patched Assembly-CSharp-firstpass to change UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.Antialiasing.blurRadius value" or "I also changed the material properties of cf_m_body to lower the specular since the textures I packed in the cf_t_body.unity3d bundle are brighter than the vanilla ones".

And now that I'm checking his release post, I realise that this is what Cyberbeing is doing to some extent. Kudos to him : having detailed documentation of the changes made and technique used helps A LOT.

Forcing the skin diffuse to be processed in 4K is made by me, Cyberbeing enabled HDR rendering and did a lot of tweaks to SSR and SSAO.

I also use the POV Mode from [MENTION=133072]Animat0r[/MENTION]'s Shortcuts Plugin, but never faced such an issue. And I don't know of anything in the EMF Patch that could cause incompatibilities with this plugin (I only pack WideSlider and GGMod).

I need more information... What happen if you press Shift+G to reset the settings ? The Advanced POV Mode (O) is said to impact performance, so those "freeze" may be caused by your computer struggling with the recalculations. Are you playing on a laptop or low-power PC ? Are you using the 32 or the 64 bit version of the game ?

i has a supermonster pc. no idea what was problem think it mess up with some...but nevermind,have to install new one again HS now all ok and just lol that get much better quality skin etc after patch. you did do a great make a patch ..nice one :)

nice work, it bad that i cant try it because i am following most of the mods, but its really nice that you do this, bec i thought no one will do this

Thanks for the hard work, but i have a little issue, the skin is white, :(, i know what you said about re edit the girls, but i simply cant, i try with every single slider without changes. i apreciate any help.:(

Thanks in advance. whitegirl.png

you should say that after install this pack there's some things they need do.

1-not compatible whit the POV mod ShortcutPlugin.0.4 (if they install the 4K skin pack)
2-when installed they need to run one time this archives (HoneySelect_64_Patched.exe) (HoneySelect_64_WideSliderPatch.exe) (or instead the number 64 use the 32 and for the game and for the studio .exes too) or some mods will not work.

by far it's what i found bad whit your pack. (however i made a fresh install of the game after installed your pack (EMF PATCH) and avoid to install the 4K options this time and seems work well.

you should say that after install this pack there's some things they need do.

1-not compatible whit the POV mod ShortcutPlugin.0.4 (if they install the 4K skin pack)
2-when installed they need to run one time this archives (HoneySelect_64_Patched.exe) (HoneySelect_64_WideSliderPatch.exe) (or instead the number 64 use the 32 and for the game and for the studio .exes too) or some mods will not work.

by far it's what i found bad whit your pack. (however i made a fresh install of the game after installed your pack (EMF PATCH) and avoid to install the 4K options this time and seems work well.

You can use the uninstall pack from my thread. I haven't tested the ShortcutPlugin, I'll do it now.

Is it possible to download the wide slider mod without the EMF patch? I tried finding it on HF but still cant acess the site properly?

Anybody know what's wrong with mine? i installed the EMF Patch.
View attachment 13312
Ugh, that looks like you ok'd the install of the 4k skin mod, which is optional. Unfortunately, it's not compatible with several mods, and the skin colors will do that. You're probably just better off grabbing the 4k skin specular map and face, also by plasticmind.

Hi, so I'm really new to this so I need a bit of help and would be really grateful.

So I downloaded the emf patch and opened up the folder, trying the honeyselectlauncher and just about anything else, but either it says it can't locate the file, or that the game isn't installed at all/correctly.

The only thing that brings anything up is the "InitSetting" which I assume is the launcher but because it's not in english I try every button and nothing happens with any of them.

I really appreciate the help, let me know what information you guys need if any!

Edit: forgot to mention sometimes the "Honey Studio" comes up which I assume is the game but it's just all black and nothing happens.

So, I have a question/issue and hope someone can give me a hand.

I installed the EMF patch on a fresh install. Translations and dlc seems to have installed fine. However...

Whenever I begin a scene, the camera is all off center and selecting any action seems to freeze the scene without playing it or advancing.

Any ideas?
Thanks for help in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha