What's your opinion on games with a Yandere male lead?

Curosuyuki9999

Trusted Member
Dec 30, 2019
For me the greatest attraction of the Yandere male leads is their devotion to the female lead that can turn into madness. To the point that they would do anything to make her happy, anything.
But something that bothers me in the vast majority of these games is the attitude of the female protagonist, it bothers me that the only person in the whole story who can control the male protagonist is her, but she seems not to realize it or not want to take advantage of it. I would like to find games of this type but that have a much more active, awake and dominate female protagonist. Do you know any games?

I completly understand that feeling~ My favorite personality type in male leads is the yandere trait for that same reason!
Most Female MC are usually like that unfortunatly...I would love to see different reactions and behavior...i know some different MC's with a personality.

This is one of my favorites so i could be biased, 'Mystic Messenger', not only i didn't get annoyed with the choices we could make(MC's personality) but there is three yandere's! Also different yanderes, with a completly vibe and personality.
The story line is really interesting as well, but this is a timed game, you literally need to be there at a certain time to be able to interact with the chatrooms. Also recommend all of the game from Cheritz(the company that made this game) they have Nameless and Dandelion(these two are for pc while MM is a phone game, the best otome game phone game in my humble opinion).

Now this ones are the one's everyone in the Otome community says are good MC's but(for whatever reason) i didn't play them yet(even tho i have them) CollarxMalice and Code:Realize, the pentacle of otome games, everyone know these two games, and everyone loves them and the MC, so i think they should be a safe choice(idk if they have a yandere tho, maybe that's why i never played them...)

Ahh there is the MC from the Ikemen Sengoku, the game itself is great and she's actually funny sometimes and even sassy, and there is atleast 1 yandere, he's the one i played for the first time lol, i have trained eyes for yanderes i guess xd

There really should be some group for yandere males...honestly they are so hard to find sometimes, and in manga as well, the yandere is usually female but thankfully they are getting more popular over the years~
Well if anyone has more recommendations i would love to hear them, but for the meantime :megane_cya:

Glad to hear you share my point
I have played all three Cheritz games and really loved them.
The specific plot of Nameless was one that surprised me and it has been one of the few games where I end up liking the character I least expected.
In the case of Mystic Messenger, the truth is that it requires a lot of schedule adjustments so as not to miss the opportunity to interact with the characters, but I put a lot of effort into it and the experience was worth it.
The other two games you mention I haven't played yet either. In the case of Code: Realize, after seeing the anime I decided not to play it.

And it is as you say, it is very difficult to find manga or games with good male yandere characters.

And I'm sorry, but I have no games to recommend of that type: games with some male yandere character and with a good story and perhaps with a more dominant female protagonist.
An example is Kankinkon ~ Sentaku no Hibi: Touji Hen ~,where I really began to enjoy the game very late in the story because by then both protagonists have grown up and their relationship has been transformed, especially the female protagonist.
The truth is that Drama CDs have so far proven to offer the best experience.

They are reallyyy good! The company is the best trully, and they always have at least 1 yandere so it's a plus in my book~
Oh definitely!! They even made me obsessed with those kind of dolls! (I always loved porcelain dolls but the BJ are so beautiful...but expensive so i don't have one unfortunatly...)
Without a doubt! If you want to play that game you need to literally have no life xd and alot of people couldn't play it for that same reason with is sad because it's trully a wonderful game~

There are some blogs i know of, but unfortunatly they are all 'old' and don't have any uploads since like 2015 :´(

Oh no it's completly ok! I just asked because i really want to just needddd more OG and yandere content in my life and finding a online person with the same likes as me it's really hard to come across eheh
OHHH i just looked it up and it's totally a game i would love to play!! Thank you so much for the recommendation! It's totally my type!
omgomg and Drama CDs??? Heaven! Oh talking about Drama CDs, i remembered about some that you may like! 'Yandere Heaven'! i think there is only Drama CDs unfortunatly no game, i think it was canceled or something...

OH i've been looking for more game to recomend (and tbh for myself too) and i've found more but with more yandere's, it's harder to find OG with a good mc thsn yandere's in OG aparently xd (i won't name the yandere's in the story because idk if you want to know if you would like to know that or just go play the game with no 'spoiler' ^^

-Sweet Fuse at your side (THIS ONE!! people say the MC is really likeble anddd there is a yandere character aparently, i will have to play thsat one too)
-7scarlet (it looks like this one make Toma from Amnesia look like a saint ^^' so i'm definetly playing that game today!)
-Dot Kareshi: Yami no Hanayome (I think there's just in the III one but i'm still playing all the games)
-Black Wolves Saga(i don't think there is a english translation but if you can use vnr or something like that if you don't understant japanese like me xd)
-Period Cube
-Ephemeral fantasy of the dark
And i left these 2 for the end

-Moshikami (aparently this yandere is the pentacle of yandere and no character is like him and he's really the extreme of the extreme, and i'm being modest)

-Club Suicide (i just wanted to show this one because there isn't anything like this one)

Now this one, i don't know if it has any yandere, and if the MC has a strong personality, all i know it's a very, and i mean a very dark game, but a really good one, unfortunatly there isn't any complete english patch but there's a person doing that, aparently there is one route completed https://www.reddit.com/r/otomegames...suicide_eba_route_english_pc_patch_beta_open/
It's really cheap (6 euros or something) but the game is already in this website and if you understand japanese you can just download it from here if you want~ :megane_present:
http://club-suicide.site/

I totally understand you, I also went to the website right away but the truth is that those beautiful dolls are very expensive,but the desire to have one is still inside me.

I'm glad you liked my recommendation, if you can I would like to hear your opinion when you finish playing it.
Of the three games in the Kankinkon ~ Sentaku no Hibi ~ series, that's the one I liked the most.
If I had to put the characters in order of preference it would look like this: Touji, Yamato, Hikaru, Kazuma, Makoto

CD Drama I can recommend you some

***Yandere male characters
- "RJ Otome 彼 た ち の 妹 う" (a girl and her two stepbrothers) I don't have the name of the original CD, and it is no longer available where I downloaded it, the only clue is the name of the audio file,sorry

-六日目の朝日と狂った蜃気楼-島田秋人-がるまにオリジナル(乙女)

***SM play (I include this category because I think it is very close to one of the possible traits of a Yandere character)

-S 彼 × Night 調 教 好 き な ク ー ル S 彼 編 一 ノ 瀬 湊 (CV: テ ト ラ ポ ッ ト 登)

This CD is the best of the best, 10/10. I wish there was a continuation!

-Immorality-Prison

I have not been able to listen to the drama CDs of this series but I did read their translation on the site http://criytl.com and I loved them

**CD where the female protagonist is the dominant

-NM1 Drama CD ド ラ マ CD Traem
(What I have is the name of the audio file, it also seems to be available on soundcloud.com. This is my favorite CD of the series)

Regarding Yandere Heaven, I have not listened to the cd, but I will follow your recommendation and look for it

Of the games that you recommend, I have not played these:

-Sweet Fuse at your side

-Dot Kareshi: Yami no Hanayome ( I played the first game but I did not know that there were more)

-Period Cube

-Moshikami (the description you have given me of the game has filled me with expectation)

-Club Suicide (I don't consider myself a fan of dark-themed games but apparently this is one of those games that is much more than what they appear, so I'll give it a try, yeah)

***I will try all your recommendations, thank you very much***

Regarding the other games you mention: 7scarlet, Black Wolves Saga and Ephemeral fantasy of the dark.
I really enjoyed all three games, they are wonderful, good story, good art, and just the right measure of romance and mystery.

In 7scarlet specifically I really loved two characters in particular.
My order of preference would be: Toa(I love him!),Yuzuki (the seiyuu is the same of Hijikata Tochizō from Hakuoki and they are really alike), Yuki(a shame that its not a romanceable character), Hino/Isora, Chikage(not a romanceable character), Sousuke

***I can't read Japanese (only hiragana) but I understand perfectly if I listen to it***

Reallyyyy expensive! I never thought they would be that high of a price but i was wrong unfortunatly, same here! When i get a good paying job i will definatly buy one of my own!(I also have those old porcelain dolls but of course, nothing is like BJ~)

Yes absolutly! I was shocked since i hardly find someone with the same kind of taste as me, and your post and recommendations made me extremly happy!
That game really caught my attention tbh, when my exams are over(they are next week so it will be fast) i will fully immerce myself on that game and the rest of your recommendations! I'm trully excited~
I will keep that in mind, honestly thank you so much, you are so good at recommending stuff, i kinda feel bad eheh

***Ohhh it's completly fine~ if i'm good at something is finding stuff on the internet if i really want them, i will definatly find it and listen to them!!

Omg i only saw the pictures and they look so good!! You're so nice, trully thank you so much for all this!
Ohh yes SM cds usually have yandere traits for some reason, but it's fine since i'm into that as well xd

Again the art is really nice~ i'm looking foward to it!

**Uhhh dominant female characters on cd's?? now that's a find if i do dare say so myself!!!
Soundcloud is literally the best sound source for us t-t

I've listen and read the translations on youtube at the time, i know there is some still there but my best guess is that i've heard it on soundcloud or tumblr, as the translations probably on tumblr as well ^^

Dot Kareshi: I only know them because of my younger obssesed with yandere self, i literally spended hours looking for games with yandere's on them and this game always stuck with me because i couldn't for the life of me have it to play ;-; i have the II and the III, the first game characters weren't my type >.>

Moshikami or Moshi, Kono Sekai ni Kamisama ga Iru to Suru Naraba, i'm still looking for this game T-T in here the link is broken and i already posted a reply asking for a replacement of the link if possible, but i didn't find the game anywere on the internet! Please if you find it somewhere tell me!

Club Suicide- Yes this one just stuck with me honestly, i've been looking for this kind of game forever, i love psycological stuff in general(books,games,movies,any media) and dark themes in general, so this with my love for otome games is just perfect, so i just thought of letting you know ^^

***!!!I'm the one that should be thankfull!! Talking about the things i love with another person makes me really happy, and since we love the same things is even better! I never had someone to talk about it, and again, thank you for your recommendations too! I apreciate all of them!***:megane_present:

If i'm being honest 7scarlet never caught my attention, i never thought about playing it since it looked like a 'normal' OG, but reading you say that make me even more excited to play it! Ahh i don't even know with one to start to play!

Ohh that's so cool! That may help you alot already in playing and hearing cd's, do you have any advice to someone that want to learn the language?
(Also i'm sorry if i make any mistake in writing, english is not my first language!)

The truth is that I thought about it a lot before writing the post. It happens that I had been with that particular opinion about games or manga with male yandere characters for a while and it occurred to me that maybe other people thought similarly or the opposite and I thought that this site would be the best for it.
Honestly I was sad when nobody wrote, but finally someone did, thank you!

I'm glad you liked my recommendations and I hope you enjoy the games and the CDs. Also if it seems good to you, if you need other recommendations or exchange about any other type of games or similar you can count on me. Although in that case I'm not sure how to proceed according to the site's rules. I suppose we could write to each other by PM (private message) or make or search for posts that deal with each specific topic.

Regarding the CDs with a dominant female protagonist, the truth is that I got them by pure chance, but sadly I have not found more similar drama CDs.

Moshikami, don't worry, if I find the link to the game I'll let you know right away.

About 7scarlet the truth is that the same thing happened to me, I did not expect much from the game or the characters ... until ... I am not going to spoil you, I will only add to my previous comments that: it is an otome game essentially of Mystery, that I loved the music (as expected from Otomate) and that when you least expect it, the characters will surprise you. Hope you enjoy it!

About the Japanese language, the truth is that most of it I have learned through games (my beginnings were the Gameboy and NDS games, without having any kind of translator) and anime.
My recommendation would always be to start in the Hiragana-Katakana-Kanji order, practice writing a lot and know how to take advantage of the benefits of games and anime to expand vocabulary.
It is always best for a professional to teach you and if you could learn together with other people, the better . So an essential step is to find a good teacher and if that is not possible, download a good Japanese course or receive it online. I can recommend you a YouTube channel for it, I can also upload and give you the link of the courses that I have, and I can also suggest very good cell phone applications. There are even visual novels to learn Japanese!
Point out that if you choose to learn on your own, be very careful with the Kanji as each one has its own history and meaning, and knowing them helps you memorize and interpret them better.
In any case, everything I mention would be in Spanish, which is my language (English is not my first language either)
So if you want to exchange on other topics than otome games with male yandere characters, I advise that we do it in another post or by PM.

Good luck in your exams!:akazukin_cya:

Last edited:
I see...I can see that happening if I was in your position! To be completely honest, I literally searched 'yandere Otome games' to see if there was like a group ou group chat about that since I've been a huge fan of that specific type for years! And I so happy to find your post! I truly should be the one to be thankful to you! If you didn't had posted this i wouldn't be here right now writing this ^^

I'm almost certain I will, I've liked all the recommendations so far and we literally have the same likes so I probably will! Once I've ended playing/listening to something I will let you know!

Oh yes definitely! I would love that! Even stuff like manga, i read alot of manga and I know a lot of yandere on the manga as well, since well, I'm obsessed with them xd i'm positive I could give you a lot of recommendations on that department as well if you would like! I literally look out for all yandere media, even music and 'normal' books since I do love to read as well.

Strong MC's are truly hard to come across unfortunately, and when they are different from the normal, it's usually because of the plot on some way, like the way they are is rarely because just they are like that, it's their personality, but we'll that's how I see that~

Honestly I can't find that game anywhere! XD I usually find something, at least a dead link, like the one on here for example, but I can't find anything at all anywhere with is a pity...

Right?! It looked like this simple cute like Otome game, when I looked for yandere on Otome games this game was recommended and I was so shocked really, but a really good surprise! Surprise yandere's are the best yandere's!!! XD also I love playing games with some mystery on them! I'm always looked at every line that the character's say and over analysing them!
Ahhhh I'm so excited to play that game... it's going to be the first one I will play!

Ohhhh...omg you're amazing! You learn it that way? Jeez that must have been so hard really!
I'm only in the beginnings of Hiragana and I'm so lost! I'm just using that app on the phone that's really famous, I can't remember the name, but about learning with people and with a teacher, uhh that's possible, depending on what university I went too...I could choose that as a class and I was thinking of doing that for some time now, maybe I will do that if I can!( It's a literature and language's course so that's why)

And but yes I would love recommendations on were and what to study! Omg you're like a life saver I'm so grateful I've meet you! You are too kind Jesus honestly thank you so much!!!
Oh I didn't know about visual novels that help to learn Japanese! Now that's a new thing I need to look into!

That's actually perfect for me!!! (I'm from Portugal so I speak Portuguese) and that course I was talking about is major in English and minor in Spanish, I understand Spanish very well but since I don't use it I'm getting a little rusty and that's actually a great help for both languages!

Oh definitely! I won't mind it at all we can just talk on PM if you want don't really mind it at all! Again thank you so much you don't even know how much help your've been!
:megane_cya:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.
Enemond17 wrote on Shine's profile.
神具姫ヒーローアンチド could you please reupload this? thanks