what's your ideal Otome Game ?

Eros111

Trusted Member
Dec 29, 2013
What elements must contain an Otome Game to be your ideal game?
Mistery? Adventure, Fantasy or Love Story in principal ?

Personally i prefer each Mistery and Love Story, if it is set in a historical period for example Hanasaku Manimani or Ken ga Kimi is better.

Yes anything not in a school setting are the best!
I got tired playing school setting scenarios, it's too predictable and boring.. *cough* [inline-spoiler]~Colourful Step~[/inline-spoiler] *cough*

I'm tired of stupid game with stupid boys and more than stupid girls T_T
The only best thing is the graphic part.
Need a scenario and some strong minded character...
I can dream XD

Yeah, school settings as long as become always same and is predictable as well as having characters who have no determination.
Me too i like believable characters.
I tend to avoid this setting when i read manga too.

I would definitely have to agree about the school setting in games. There are way too many of them, and any newer games are missing the most fundamental piece...a plot with good story. Because of this I've limited my purchases to QuinRose and Rejet games, and even then it's a hit or miss. Maybe that's why I loved Ken ga Kimi.

Mystery, fantasy, romance...maybe a little spice of historical is not bad. ^^
I love Ken ga Kimi too, it has such a nice graphic. Rejet is always one of my favorite companies for Otoge.
For the Quinrose, I like their fantasy ones, like Crimson Empire, Arabian Lost.
For now I'm playing Majo'ou. Gonna wait to see if I'll make it one of my favorites.

I love otome games with interesting story and not stupid girl with stong will like BloodyCall:444835:

I would definitely have to agree about the school setting in games. There are way too many of them, and any newer games are missing the most fundamental piece...a plot with good story. Because of this I've limited my purchases to QuinRose and Rejet games, and even then it's a hit or miss. Maybe that's why I loved Ken ga Kimi.
Lucky you, my Japanese is not so good so reading Ken ga Kami for me was pure nosebleed experience.
:444815:

Mystery, fantasy, romance...maybe a little spice of historical is not bad. ^^
I love Ken ga Kimi too, it has such a nice graphic. Rejet is always one of my favorite companies for Otoge.
For the Quinrose, I like their fantasy ones, like Crimson Empire, Arabian Lost.
For now I'm playing Majo'ou. Gonna wait to see if I'll make it one of my favorites.
I'll add those in my backlog. I've been reading reviews that Quintose has been mass producing low quality stuff so I didn't play their games.

I love otome games with interesting story and not stupid girl with stong will like BloodyCall:444835:
I'm fine with air headed heroines, but dumb decision making heroines....heh..I hate them the most~
:444846:

I'll add those in my backlog. I've been reading reviews that Quintose has been mass producing low quality stuff so I didn't play their games.

QuinRose FD games are terrible, I've stopped purchasing them. I'm also the exception for their Alice games, they're just okay to me.

I keep a spreadsheet of games played, and rate them. I've listed my QuinRose 8s and 9s. The 5-7s aren't listed. You're opinion may be different.
9s:
Arabians Lost ~The engagement on desert~
School Wars (not the FD)

8s:
0 Ji no Kane no Cinderella ~Halloween Wedding~
24 Ji no Kane to Cinderella ~Halloween Wedding~
Diamond no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder World~
Heart no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder World~
Hyaku Monogatari ~Kaidan Romance~
Oumagatoki ~Kaidan Romance~
School Wars ~Sotsugyou Sensen~
Shinigami Kagyou ~Kaidan Romance~
Shinigami Shogyou ~Kaidan Romance~
Tasogare Toki ~Kaidan Romance~

Last edited:
QuinRose FD games are terrible, I've stopped purchasing them. I'm also the exception for their Alice games, they're just okay to me.

I keep a spreadsheet of games played, and rate them. I've listed my QuinRose 8s and 9s. The 5-7s are listed. You're opinion may be different.
9s:
Arabians Lost ~The engagement on desert~
School Wars (not the FD)

8s:
0 Ji no Kane no Cinderella ~Halloween Wedding~
24 Ji no Kane to Cinderella ~Halloween Wedding~
Diamond no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder World~
Heart no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder World~
Hyaku Monogatari ~Kaidan Romance~
Oumagatoki ~Kaidan Romance~
School Wars ~Sotsugyou Sensen~
Shinigami Kagyou ~Kaidan Romance~
Shinigami Shogyou ~Kaidan Romance~
Tasogare Toki ~Kaidan Romance~
:444813:
You're a life saver onee-sama~
Do you happen to have a blog as well?

I like Fantasy or Love Story. (*´∀`*)
Especially, story that happens at high school

:444813:
You're a life saver onee-sama~
Do you happen to have a blog as well?

I don't have a blog, but you can ask me anytime.

Also, I made a mistake...instead of "The 5-7s are listed", it should say "The 5-7s aren't listed". I have them if you want them too.

Hm..... I'm fine with all of the setting, as long as the concept is good i dont mind any thing.

Exceptional are ALL REJET GAME!!!!!!!! I LIKE ALL OF THEM *fangirling* :56025:

Sakimichi, I understand how you feel about honey bee *too long*

Jezebel: As expect of Quinrose lover you know it all :56016:

Hard to say what is must-contain when it comes to otome games. because the quality is so...unstable? even though there are some elements that always draw my attention, they are never enough to decide if the game itself is good or bad.
Ah, but personally, I want otome game heroines to be pretty and cute. It's much better with heroine's face in the CG. not like the one with the old otome or starry sky in PC ver. (I like starry sky though)
I don't mind air-headed and doormat as long as she is pretty enough >v<

Honeybee games are boring but they have a nice atmosphere where you don't have sudden plot twists and have a light romance. I'm okay with the school setting as long as it's an original story like Gekka Ryouran Romance.

Hmm, my ideal game would have a lot of drama and philosophy with a strong heroine. I also want guro sdklghdjkl Aaand, a shota hero is a must for me >< A game with a dark, deep, complicated plot, lots of feels, dead people, people sacrificing things and a pure love would be the ideal game for me.

Oops it looks like Gekka is my ideal game dsfghdfjkl Maybe a little more complicated than Gekka, since I haven't cried in Gekka yet lol

Honeybee games are boring but they have a nice atmosphere where you don't have sudden plot twists and have a light romance. I'm okay with the school setting as long as it's an original story like Gekka Ryouran Romance.

Hmm, my ideal game would have a lot of drama and philosophy with a strong heroine. I also want guro sdklghdjkl Aaand, a shota hero is a must for me >< A game with a dark, deep, complicated plot, lots of feels, dead people, people sacrificing things and a pure love would be the ideal game for me.

Oops it looks like Gekka is my ideal game dsfghdfjkl Maybe a little more complicated than Gekka, since I haven't cried in Gekka yet lol

Lol when you talk like that, the first game that came to mine mind was BWS - rejet. Surprisingly fitting

still i do prefer school setting, romance but need to have a lot of fun *staring at Brocon and Hatsukare*

I dont mind (maybe a lil) about sad story if itgood *Ken ga Kimi*

I liked Gekka Ryouran Romance; however, there are people that were put off by the brocon/siscon. I downloaded the game from...I don't remember where, but I liked it enough to buy an actual copy of the game from Amazon JP. Dark, not necessarily sad but understanding why everyone is so messed up in the head, and with some interesting ending. Like a good book, after I finished the game I wanted more...

Lol when you talk like that, the first game that came to mine mind was BWS - rejet. Surprisingly fitting

still i do prefer school setting, romance but need to have a lot of fun *staring at Brocon and Hatsukare*

I dont mind (maybe a lil) about sad story if itgood *Ken ga Kimi*

I'm afraid of the story in BWS because my friend says there are too much difficult kanji and the story is hard to follow. Though I'm really interested in it *-*

Brocon was fun to play indeed! Even though there was no logic(13 sons and mom still looks great lol) the characters were unique and the seiyuu were people I loved >^<

Recently I'm hearing Ken ga Kimi too much. What kind of story and atmoshphere does it have? Is it mostly dramatic?

I liked Gekka Ryouran Romance; however, there are people that were put off by the brocon/siscon. I downloaded the game from...I don't remember where, but I liked it enough to buy an actual copy of the game from Amazon JP. Dark, not necessarily sad but understanding why everyone is so messed up in the head, and with some interesting ending. Like a good book, after I finished the game I wanted more...

I can understand it because incest is a sensitive topic. But I liked it lol And the idea of forbidden love was put in well. That's sad that Otomate and Rejet are still milking Dialover but not giving a second game to the real amazing game >^<

[MENTION=54665]ChihiroAoki[/MENTION]
Ken ga kimi... well depend on the character that you play that you can be mofumofu or tremble in fear :nekopara_scared:
The game is as the name said:
-Edo period
-2 main route Ken (sword) and Kimi (you), each route have 2 ending

Well, i dont wanna spoiled the fun since it's better for you to explore and have fun yourself

I can say that the plot is well written and the arts are awesome

I did mention that im gonna get KGK V version right :nekopara_innocent::nekopara_innocent:

[MENTION=54665]ChihiroAoki[/MENTION]
Ken ga kimi... well depend on the character that you play that you can be mofumofu or tremble in fear :nekopara_scared:
The game is as the name said:
-Edo period
-2 main route Ken (sword) and Kimi (you), each route have 2 ending

Well, i dont wanna spoiled the fun since it's better for you to explore and have fun yourself

I can say that the plot is well written and the arts are awesome

I did mention that im gonna get KGK V version right :nekopara_innocent::nekopara_innocent:

さすがレジェット♥

Only if I had some spare time...

I would say Wand of Fortune games, I may not liking the system so much since it's kinda hard :P But I love the story, the heroines and all guys in there ^-^

As for me, I would prefer school life and mystery. I'm not into fantasy elements, but sometimes it's also good ;)

An otome game with a fun or heartwarming atmosphere would be the best for me, I've always liked that kind of thing. I'm a fan of fantasy but really, a normal setting with some kind of twist is what immediately pulls me in. As for anything else, I would want a heroine with a personality because it really does make everything better when the heroine isn't just some blank slate with a super pretty side sprite, it seriously does.

Most importantly the atmosphere of the game. Music, art, interesting story idea, deep characters, humor.

I love Wand Of Fortune and FD. Wonderful character and the game itself Gakuen Tokkyuu Hotokenser. I really like Ken ga Kimi. I will mention the Miyako and Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side Premium 3rd Story. We're 8bit Lovers! and Yo-Jin-In or Clepsydra. I like Tomoe from Sanzen Sekai Yuugi, although it is not the game itself. I also like the heroine of Koezaru wa Akai Hana.

I guess it all depends on my mood and on how often I play games with the same theme. Or maybe it all depends on the seiyuu, as with Diabolik Lovers. I would not call this game perfect. This is creepy. But the game has atmosphere and story, and new characters are not princes and not cute. When the first game came out. I do not project myself in the heroine, if she's happy, then good, even if I think it's creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.