Otome games for Nintendo Switch using emulator?

haruny

Trusted Member
Feb 20, 2015
Hello, I don't know if this has been asked before, I tried searching but didn't find anything so...
I am wondering if Otome games for the Switch platform has been tested in the Yuzu (Nintendo Switch emulator for PC) yet, or if anyone has any info on that.
Since Aksys Games announced many new localizations and even some old otoges are getting a port, all for the Switch, I got curious if they would work with the emulator.
I have no knowledge on how it works, so if anyone have any ideas, I would appreciate it ^^

Hello, I'm played around and tested some nsp files on hand to see if they worked. (Feeling the animal crossing lack of switch FOMO)

TdLR: couldn't run any past the menu, black screens (sounds BGM somewhat ok) on Yuzu. Had more luck with Ryujinx for some games.

Kitty Love and the School of Wizardry worked on Ryujinx (another switch emu) for me, alas they're sometimes a bit laggy and not in English/ couldn't find updates for it.
Tested the Voltage ones (starcrossed punishment & wishes, and Enchanted in moonlight) none of them could boot up past a dark screen (on both platforms). Yuzu played the BGM to a black screen "menu" (clicking around) and Ryujinx crashed everytime thus far.

Was running both on the latest firmware (9.2 I think).

Hope that helped a little bit! Maybe some other JPN otome games could run or there's emu updates in the future that could work!

Also pretty new to this, so not sure if I was missing something ^^'

Reactions: haruny
I hope this helps. The "inclem3ntia" has done a good job.
Otome games have a narrow global demand, so it's unlikely that the emulator will do the optimization. (If I have time to optimize an otome game, I'll optimize a console AAA title in that time)
Verification for each title often has to be done on its own. Therefore, the actual validation results are valuable shared data.
Fortunately, many otome games are not games that run on complex programs, so they are relatively easy to run on emulators as long as they are not hampered by publishers. There is no guarantee that it will work properly, though.

Yuzu latest download. https://yuzu-emu.org/downloads/ Ryujinx latest download. https://ryujinx.org/download/

Reactions: Ami✿ and haruny
I played Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ and Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ on Yuzu and they work Perfect in the yuzu 295 (just the op and endings videos don't work)

Ayakashi Koi Gikyoku -Forbidden Romance with Mysterious Spirit-, Iris School of Wizardry -Vinculum Hearts-. Kitty Love -Way to look for love- and other OperaHouse games works perfect in the latest releases with the option "Multicore CPU Emulation" enabled and "Graphics" > "Advanced" Accuracy level = Extreme (very slow)

The versions are different, in the latest release Code: Realize drops fps, 30 fps in general and 2 fps in menu....

Last edited:
Reposting:
Oh-oh yes, I am sorry... (There are some tutorials on YouTube, and I am not very good writing in english, but I will try to help) Ask if it don't work.
***This Guide Can contain writing errors.
Guide Update Date: 01/23/2022| 2022/01/23 | 23/01/2022

How to play on Yuzu:
***!Attention!***: Read Everything!
*Your system need to be x64. See if your computer have the right requirements: https://yuzu-emu.org/help/quickstart/#hardware
*Yuzu also requires the latest versions of Microsoft Visual C++. https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
*Not all games may install or work. Yuzu support: "We have issues with several visual novels for now."
*Docked Mode makes the game look a bit nice but you can't make choices with the mouse.
*Skipping drops fps.
*I have only played English Otome games and tested some JPN.
*Game Compatibility List: https://yuzu-emu.org/game/

1. You need to download the emulator
Latest releases: https://yuzu-emu.org/downloads/ (non installer: Manual Download > Windows icon in latest mainline build)

2. You need nintendo switch keys (prod.keys), here for you: https://mega.nz/folder/K1tkVCiZ#_Rkf01QJBK8y97Rv-azm4A

3. Open Yuzu, upper left "File"> "open yuzu folder", place the prod.keys on yuzu keys folder.
The keys need to be in this path: C:\Users\(YOU)\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\keys

4. Close everything, open Yuzu again, now you need the game, it need to be .xci or .nsp (can't be .ns/nc/xcz), you can download it here or other sites.
The difference is that the .xci is from cartridges and already have the updates within (sometimes even switch firmware = bigger), .nsp is eshop (digital download) and you need to install the updates separated.

5. You can play by simple add the games folder (if the games are not separated by folders) select the game to play (No need to install the game but need to install Update and DLCs)
To install a game, update and DLC: upper left "File>install File to NAND..." and select the .xci or .nsp files. You can select more than one file to install.
To add a Save to a game: right click in the game “Open Save Data Location”> select the User (Place the saves) and close folder.
To add a Mod: right click in the game “Open Mod Data Location” (Place the Mods) and close.
To add a Shader Cache: "Open Transferable Shader Cache" (place the shaders .bin)
To Remove an update, DLC, mod, Shader Cache, configuration or Game: right click in the game "Remove"> (Select what do you want to remove.)

6. The Yuzu Settings: upper left "Emulation>Configure"
My currently settings:
General: General
Framerate Cap: 1000x
Limit speed percent: 100%
Multicore CPU Emulation.

CPU
Accuracy: Auto

Graphics: Graphics
API: OpenGL (Vulkan if you have AMD)
shader Backend: GLASM (Assembly shaders, NVIDIA only)
use disk pipeline cache
⬜ use asynchronous GPU Emulation
⬜ Accelerate ASTC texture decoding.
NVDEC Emulation: GPU Video Decoding
Window Adapting Filter: ScaleForce

Graphics: Advanced:
Accuracy level: normal (change if needed)
Use VSync (OpenGL only)
Use asynchronous shader building (hack)
Use fast GPU time (hack)
Anisotropic Filtering: Automatic

Audio: Audio
Output engine: auto
Audio device: Auto
Volume: 100% (change if you want)

Controls: player 1
Map them. You can also Play with Mouse:
Controls: Advanced
Emulation Devices: ✔ Touchscreen.

To configure a single game different from the global settings: right-click on the game "properties" and configure.

7. To have a better perfomance you need to do 3 things:
A) If you are using a notebook, open Battery Settings and set it to Maximum Performance.

B) NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL:
Manage 3D Settings> Program Settings
Select/Add the Emulator (do this for both Ryujinx and Yuzu)
Preferred Graphics Driver: Select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
OpenGL rendering GPU: Select your Nvidia GPU
Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Perfomance
Threaded Optimization: ON
Triple Buffering: ON
Vertical Sync: OFF
Apply!

C) Windows Users: Control Panel > System and Security > Advanced system settings >
(W10: Settings > System > About > Advanced system settings)>
b927e705aeb7ba7db3d7d2b62f5352be1b04415f.png
101e999af334adb23f8611dfd929e5ff3500bbcb.png
(You need to have Space on C: to do this)
69b6cc0c85241f1e456090e9e16095624c34655c.png
Restart your computer.

8. You may give feedback about how otome games are working on Yuzu, or about the guide. thanks!

SEE MY RYUJINX/BTS GUIDE HERE: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...ndo-switch-using-emulator-900437/#post5619693

Played/Tested Games​
*This is my Feedback.
*I have not tested english otome games that already have a windows version.

Edit: 04/03/2022

Games Tested working on Yuzu/Ryujinx (and Ryujinx Bindless Texture Support (BTS) ver.)
[both] Ayakashi Koi Gikyoku -Forbidden Romance with Mysterious Spirit-
[Ryujinx BTS] Ayakashi Romance Reborn - Dawn Chapter & Twilight Chapter
[both] Byakko-tai -Samurai Boys- (Yuzu = Change the Accuracy level to extreme (very slow) in graphic settings)
[both] Café Enchanté
[both] Code Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
[both] Code Realize ~Future Blessings~
[both] Code Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~
[both] Collar x Malice
[both] Collar x Malice -Unlimited-
[both] Cupid Parasite (may have to wait sometime to start, then skip the videos)
[Ryujinx] Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani
[both] Diamond Girl ~An Earnest Education in Love~ (Yuzu = Change the Accuracy level to extreme (very slow) in graphic settings)
[Ryujinx BTS] Enchanted in the Moonlight -Kiryu, Chikage & Yukinojo-
[Ryujinx BTS] Enchanted in the Moonlight -Miyabi, Kyoga & Samon-
[Ryujinx BTS] Her Love in the Force
[both] Iris School of Wizardry -Vinculum Hearts- (Yuzu = Change the Accuracy level to extreme (very slow) in graphic settings)
[Ryujinx BTS] Kings of Paradise
[Ryujinx BTS] Kissed by the Baddest Bidder
[both] Kitty Love -Way to look for love- (Yuzu = Change the Accuracy level to extreme (very slow) in graphic settings)
[Ryujinx BTS] Love Letter from Thief X
[both] My Bewitching Perfume (Yuzu = Change the Accuracy level to extreme (very slow) in graphic settings)
[Ryujinx BTS] My Forged Wedding
[Ryujinx BTS] My Last First Kiss
[both] Olympia Soirée
[Ryujinx BTS] Our Two Bedroom Story
[both] Piofiore: Fated Memories
[both] Princess Closet (Yuzu = Change the Accuracy level to extreme (very slow) in graphic settings)
[Ryujinx BTS] Scandal in the Spotlight
[both] Spiral Memoria -The Summer I Meet Myself- (Yuzu = Change the Accuracy level to extreme (very slow) in graphic settings)
[Ryujinx BTS] Star-Crossed Myth -The Department of Punishments-
[Ryujinx BTS] Star-Crossed Myth -The Department of Wishes-
[both] VARIABLE BARRICADE
[both] Yumemidori Nostalgia (Yuzu = Change the Accuracy level to extreme (very slow) in graphic settings)

JAPANESE
[Ryujinx BTS] DIABOLIK LOVERS -GRAND EDITION-
[Ryujinx BTS] DIABOLIK LOVERS -CHAOS LINEAGE-
[Ryujinx] NORN9 ~ノルン+ノネット~ LOFN
[Ryujinx] ひめひび Another Princess Days – White or Black –

Last edited:
Detailed steps will help community members, especially those who are new to emulators.

Reactions: QueenB
Thank you all for the extremely detailed instructions! I was just wondering, has anyone shared the .nsp files for Code: Realise? I would love to finally play it with the emulator, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :<

edit: sorry if this comment isn't appropriate for this thread, I will delete it immediately if that's the case

Last edited:
Thank you all for the extremely detailed instructions! I was just wondering, has anyone shared the .nsp files for Code: Realise? I would love to finally play it with the emulator, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :<

edit: sorry if this comment isn't appropriate for this thread, I will delete it immediately if that's the case

Hii, if you go to the Otome Games & Artbooks section on Downloads and Requests here on this site, there's a lot of wonderful people sharing download links for NSP files ^^ You can also search easily on google "[title of the game you want] nsp download" or something similar and there are many available sites that shares download links ^^

Idk if anyone will be interested but after trying both Yuzu and Ryujinx, my personal opinion is that I think Ryujinx runs otome games with better results.
I tried Collar Malice and Code Realize on both, and while Ryujinx ran both games without any major issues, Yuzu crashed everytime with Collar Malice (couldn't even get to the menu) and it lagged A LOT on the menu and videos for Code Realize.
The only minor issue I found with Ryujinx is that sometimes the audio would have minor stutters, but after keeping up with Ryujinx's Discord server, I know they are constantly trying to improve the audio quality, so sooner or later we won't have such problems anymore. Just yesterday they implemented a new feature for audio improvement, so it's nice to see that the emulator is advancing at a very high speed.
I also personally think Ryujinx is easier to set up imo, for Yuzu I had to download much more stuff in order to make the emulator work.

Idk if anyone will be interested but after trying both Yuzu and Ryujinx, my personal opinion is that I think Ryujinx runs otome games with better results.
I tried Collar Malice and Code Realize on both, and while Ryujinx ran both games without any major issues, Yuzu crashed everytime with Collar Malice (couldn't even get to the menu) and it lagged A LOT on the menu and videos for Code Realize.
The only minor issue I found with Ryujinx is that sometimes the audio would have minor stutters, but after keeping up with Ryujinx's Discord server, I know they are constantly trying to improve the audio quality, so sooner or later we won't have such problems anymore. Just yesterday they implemented a new feature for audio improvement, so it's nice to see that the emulator is advancing at a very high speed.
I also personally think Ryujinx is easier to set up imo, for Yuzu I had to download much more stuff in order to make the emulator work.

REALLY? Can you tell how do you make Ryujinx better than Yuzu? after your comment I am trying to play on Ryujinx, It keep closing, 30- fps slow...
For me Yuzu is so much better, and like I said, Collar x Malice and Code: Realize games need to be played with yuzu 295...

REALLY? Can you tell how do you make Ryujinx better than Yuzu? after your comment I am trying to play on Ryujinx, It keep closing, 30- fps slow...
For me Yuzu is so much better, and like I said, Collar x Malice and Code: Realize games need to be played with yuzu 295...

I might totally be wrong, but I think it might have to do with the specs of your computer? On a purely stastical glance anyway, Ryujinx seems to be working better with these games than Yuzu, while the latter seems to be confirmed working perfectly with Code: Realise for now.

Hii, if you go to the Otome Games & Artbooks section on Downloads and Requests here on this site, there's a lot of wonderful people sharing download links for NSP files ^^ You can also search easily on google "[title of the game you want] nsp download" or something similar and there are many available sites that shares download links ^^

[MENTION=207137]YukiBana2000[/MENTION] already shared those Code Realize games and I made threads for them, just needs Admin approval and they'll be up soon!

Most of the Otome games were bought by [MENTION=163930]AlviRin[/MENTION] and the other members from the Co-Purchase group, then shared on HBG shop from where it spreads to other random sites which is why everyone is able to have easy access, even to newly released ones. Most don't know but those are AlviRin's and Co-Purchasing group's dumps but they don't say anything or get credit.

I might totally be wrong, but I think it might have to do with the specs of your computer? On a purely stastical glance anyway, Ryujinx seems to be working better with these games than Yuzu, while the latter seems to be confirmed working perfectly with Code: Realise for now.

I solved the problem! I needed to change in nvidia control painel the "preferred graphics processor"
It was strange to see "GPU: Intel"

***This Guide can contain writing errors.
Guide Update Date: 01/23/2022| 2022/01/23 | 23/01/2022

How to play on Ryujinx:
***!Attention!***: Read Everything!
*Your system need to be x64. “To run this emulator, we recommend that your PC have at least 8GB of RAM;”
*It takes time to run the games, wait for it.
*Not all games may work.
*Skipping drops fps.
*I have only played and tested English Otome games and some JPN.
*Game Compatibility List: https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx-Games-List/issues

1. You need to download the emulator: https://ryujinx.org/download (Windows Icon)
BINDLESS TEXTURE SUPPORT VER: https://mega.nz/folder/K1tkVCiZ#_Rkf01QJBK8y97Rv-azm4A

2. You need nintendo switch keys (prod.keys), here for you: https://mega.nz/folder/K1tkVCiZ#_Rkf01QJBK8y97Rv-azm4A

3. Open Ryujinx, upper left "File"> "open Ryujinx folder", extract the keys.rar in the desktop, and place the prod.keys in the folder “system”.
The prod.keys need to be in this path: C:\Users\(YOU)\AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\system

4. Now you need to change this:
NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL:

Select/Add the Emulator
Preferred Graphics Driver: Select High-performance NVIDIA processor. RYUJINX NEED IT!!!

5. Open Ryujinx, Install switch firmware. (Download the latest)
Download here: https://darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/
To Install the firmware: upper left “Tools”> “install firmware”> “Install a firmware from a XCI or ZIP” and select the firmware folder.
(if you extracted the firmware folder, “Tools”> “install firmware”> “Install a firmware from a directory”)

6. now you need the game, it need to be .xci or .nsp (can't be .ns/nc/xcz), you can download it here or other sites.
The difference is that the .xci is from cartridges and already have the updates within, .nsp is eshop and you need to install the update separated.

7.You can play by simple add the games folder in the settings and select the game to play (No need to install the game), or loading the game (“File”> “Load game from File”)
To add an update to a game: right click in the game “Manage Title Updates” > “Add” (select the update) “Save”
To add a Save to a game: right click in the game “Open User Save directory” (Place the saves) and close folder.
To add a DLC, “Manage DLC”> “Add” (select the DLCs) “Save”
To add a Mod, “Open Mods Directory” (Place the Mods) and close folder.

8. The Ryujinx Settings: upper left "Options" > "Settings"
General:
Game Directories>Add (select the games folder)

Input:
⬜ Enable Docked Mode
Direct Keyboard Acess
⬜ Direct Mouse Acess
Player 1>Configure (Map your controls). You can use Mouse to play.

System:
Enable Vsync
Enable PPTC
⬜ Enable Guest Internet Acess
Enable FS Integrity checks
Audio Backend: OpenAL (need to install this https://openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip).
Memory Manager Mode: Host Unchecked (Fatest, Unsafe).
⬜ Expand DRAM size to 6GB
⬜ Ignore Missing Services

Graphics:
Enable Shader Cache
Graphics Backend Multithreading: Auto

Logging:
You can disable all loggings (because it reduces the performance a bit)

9. To have a better perfomance you need to do 3 things:
A) If you are using a notebook, open Battery Settings and set it to Maximum Performance.

B) NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL:
Select/Add the Emulator (do this for both Ryujinx and Yuzu)
Preferred Graphics Driver: Select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
OpenGL rendering GPU: Select your Nvidia GPU
Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Perfomance
Threaded Optimization: ON
Triple Buffering: ON
Vertical Sync: OFF
Apply!

C) Windows Users: Control Panel > System and Security > Advanced system settings >
(W10: Settings > System > About > Advanced system settings)>
View attachment 28108
View attachment 28109
(You need to have Space on C: to do this)
View attachment 28107
Restart your computer.

10. You may give feedback about how otome games are working on Ryujinx or about the guide, thanks!

SEE MY YUZU GUIDE AND TESTED GAMES HERE: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...ndo-switch-using-emulator-900437/#post5611653

Last edited:
Feedback & Comparisons (yuzu only)

Zero Chance Games.:nekopara_ng:

- Cupid Parasite > Tested with 295 & 406.

*Both have audio and visual glitches, with very low fps, not smooth.

- Dairoku Ayakashimori > Tested using game update with 295 & 406.

*Both gives black screen, no sound, no visuals, extreme high game fps.

- Diabolik Lovers Grand Edition > Tested with 295 & 406.

* Both run OK, but with broken and glitchy visuals, overall normal fps.

- Jako no Lyla Trap of MUSK & Katakoi Contrast collection of branch > Tested with 295 & 406.

* Stuck on black screen w/ glitchy audio on 295, on 406 the game runs w/visuals, but glitchy audio and glitchy gameplay, overall low fps, not smooth.

- Kissed by the Baddest Bidder > Tested using game update with 295.

* Black screen.

- Our Two Bedroom Story > Tested with 295.

* Black screen.

- Princess Closet > Tested with 295.

* Runs OK, but slow fps, not smooth.

- UtaPri Repeat LOVE for NS > Tested with 295 & 406.

* Game runs but no visuals, and the only audio is broccoli being a troll, stuck on black screeen w/ 295. Same results but a little bit better fps w/ 406.

Good Chance Games.:nekopara_pleased:

- Reine des Fleurs > Tested with 295 & 406.

* Stuck visually on loading screen w/ low fps on 406, 295 gameplay is a bit glitchy audio vise, fps is not extreme low but not normal speed either, overall gaming not smooth but is playable.

- BUSTAFELLOWS > Tested using game update with 295 & 406.

* Basically 295= %10 406= %95.

- Cendrillon palikA > Tested with 295.

* Runs OK, no glitches or low fps.

- Genso Kissa Enchante > Tested with 295 & 406.

* 295 runs OK as well, nothing too extreme, though 406 gives me low fps and both audio/visual glitchy impossible gameplay.

- Harukanaru Toki no Naka de > Tested using game update with 295 & 406.

* 295 pretty much is a nightmare, extreme high fps, audio glitches, impossible gameplay. 406 runs %100 smooth using MULTICORE option at perfect fps with no glitches or so, it's basically original gameplay speed.

- Olympia Soiree > Tested using game update with 295 & 406.

* Same results as Genso Kissa Enchante but overall fps is smoother than Genso.

- VARIABLE BARRICADE > Tested with 295.

* Runs OK, fps speed is normal and no audio or visual glitches.

- Shiritsu Beru Bara Gakuen Re Imagination > Tested with 295.

* Same results as Olympia Soiree.

- Meiji Katsugeki Haikara Ryuuseigumi > Tested with 295 & 406.

* 295 %0 gameplay, on 406 runs OK with nothing extreme but better gameplay/fps using MULTICORE option.

- Gensou Manege > Tested with 295 & 406.

* 295 runs OK but low speed fps, 406 ver runs much better again using MULTICORE option. ( my only small problem is that the game menu is half black horizontally but it's not a big deal )

I hope this helps!!!

ps. I'll update this list once I try out new games.

Btw guys how's the sound to you?
Is there any way I could configure it so it could sound better?
Both Yuzu and Ryujinx.

I try to play piofiore (it's better at Ryujinx but still the sound is weird...)

Btw guys how's the sound to you?
Is there any way I could configure it so it could sound better?
Both Yuzu and Ryujinx.

I try to play piofiore (it's better at Ryujinx but still the sound is weird...)

I played Piofiore in Yuzu 295 and worked perfect for me.
About the sound in Ryujinx, are you talking about the stuttering in the videos? it's normal.
Maybe it's your configurations? How about your fps?

I tried it on yuzu 295 configuration very slow (tried other too) it runs at 60 fps.
The sound is actually really good but...I only have a black screen nothing else only the sound :(
I don't have other configurations.

My pc I have 16 GB RAM, X64 bit operating system x 64 based processor, Processor Intel (R) Core (tm) i5-7400 CPU 3.000GHz

I really wanna play piofiore...

I tried it on yuzu 295 configuration very slow (tried other too) it runs at 60 fps.
The sound is actually really good but...I only have a black screen nothing else only the sound :(
I don't have other configurations.

My pc I have 16 GB RAM, X64 bit operating system x 64 based processor, Processor Intel (R) Core (tm) i5-7400 CPU 3.000GHz

I really wanna play piofiore...

So basically, you hear sound but no graphics? What's your GPU? The game should run fine on both emulators afaik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?