Luckydog1+bad egg discussion [potential spoilers]

MilkyBarKid

Contributor
Oct 2, 2018
Anybody finished this game?

I finally finished it yesterday (it's long and I work full time) and am super curious about what others think of this game.

I don't know if any game is worth a 9-year wait but I really enjoyed Bad Egg... Much more than the original!

It's far from perfect but I think the writing was way more engaging than the original game in spite of how long this game was... I think I clocked in 40 hours and that doesn't include the afterstories with the CR:5! I enjoyed the main story so much I started to see the Gian x Bakshi sex scenes as a distraction rather than hot stuff. I'm not really interested in two dudes getting it on all that much so there's that too...

Also I absolutely adore the four new characters- actually find them way more interesting and likeable than the CR:5. Shame they didn't get any focused routes or endings at all, though I don't really care if they're romantic or not. I wasn't expecting it anyway, since none of the store tokuten featured them, which is usually a pretty good sign a character doesn't have a romance route. Anyway, I think it makes perfect sense Riccardo and Landolfo didn't get romantic routes, I actually prefer they didn't. I can't picture Teshikaga being in love so he makes sense to a large extent. Now Walther... Obvious bias as I think he's the cutest and he's my fave out of the newbie 4 but I honestly think he could lend himself well as a BL love interest.

I've got all endings and judging by the best one I've seen, it makes me hope that Tennenouji will release a sequel/spin-off featuring these guys more. Not necessarily for romance but I just want to see more of them!

What are your thoughts?

_(:з」∠)_ Still downloading the game. Seems that BE is very different from LD1, focus is on story and character development instead of love-sim? Super excited to play, will edit post later.

_(:з」∠)_ Still downloading the game. Seems that BE is very different from LD1, focus is on story and character development instead of love-sim? Super excited to play, will edit post later.

Yeah, I'd say that's fair.

Well, unlike most romance VNs it's the protagonist Gian's developments that take center stage and the rest get bits and pieces. You learn surprisingly little about Bakshi and he barely develops considering he's the only love interest and second only to Gian in importance. I'd go as far as saying even some of the 4 n00bs got more development and background- and it's minimal, as side characters. Though to be fair, it seems like you have to make certain choices or have certain amount of Luck to see some of their little side scenes. I think this actually hurts the game since the last part of a Daivan arc make less sense without them.

Hope you enjoy!

Hello! How did you play it? Do you know japonese? Because i try using the Visual Novel Reader and is not working, dosen't appear any word, say that is Null.
Oh, and this game, has rape in the common route on in the bad ends? In the Drama CD has rape, so i didn't like it very much...

Hello!
I bought the game since last year Dec and after playing and trying to get most endings, I stopped because I still couldn't get some endings.
Does anyone know if there's a walkthrough that I can follow?

Would be nice to bump this thread a lil

I managed to finish this game last year and I'm actually glad they decided to make this title more story-driven (It's kinda a shame we never got to see Ragtliffe's route though, he was a pretty interesting individual). Although Bakshi remains a huge mystery I really love his character. Maybe it's the voiceacting? But I have a major spot for crouching moron hidden tiger types haha. The cast change did threw me off the first time but I think everyone did amazing, though I have a couple issues with Ash's voice.

After finishing all the endings, I actually went back and replayed the prison arc to test all the dialogue options. My bigger surprise was that there were so many scenes that were easily missed in the game such as Lloyd and Joshua making an offer to Gian so that he could get a lighter sentence. In Daivan, the game even drops parts of Gian's past depending on the route you're going. If you're heading for the Best End the game doesn't show those scenes..

I completely agree with you on the DG subordinates they were pretty interesting individuals. Teshikaga's my personal favourite. I was concerned about whether they were gonna turn on Gian and Bakshi but they were loyal throughout the entire game. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they added a special scenario with more interactions between each other (doesn't have to be BL I just wanna enjoy listening to their banters haha)

Gian's development was amazing Sawa Manaka really brought out his character (Props to his versatility in the after-stories!) I get the feeling that he never wanted to drag anyone into his mess in the first place.
That bad end left the biggest impact on me I actually cried going through it.

Hello, I really want to play this game, but I only do happy ends, and I listen to the CD drama of this BL game and was having a rape party, and I hate rape.
So, can anybody tell me if in the comum route on in the route itself has rape? Not the bad ends, but on the good one.

Gian's development was amazing Sawa Manaka really brought out his character (Props to his versatility in the after-stories!)

Sawa actually surprised me with how well he did, he's overused and tends to have the same roles. I will always prefer Suzuki but Sawa did a great job in his own right.

Hello, I really want to play this game, but I only do happy ends, and I listen to the CD drama of this BL game and was having a rape party, and I hate rape.
So, can anybody tell me if in the comum route on in the route itself has rape? Not the bad ends, but on the good one.

Rape is totally unavoidable as it's part of the character story arc; there is one long, fairly brutal scene of it happening and it's part of the story. If I remember right, most of the bad endings involve non-sexual violence and death.

Sawa actually surprised me with how well he did, he's overused and tends to have the same roles. I will always prefer Suzuki but Sawa did a great job in his own right.

Rape is totally unavoidable as it's part of the character story arc; there is one long, fairly brutal scene of it happening and it's part of the story. If I remember right, most of the bad endings involve non-sexual violence and death.

Rape is not unavoidable, because in lucky dog 1, I didn't find any rape in the good or comum ending (I only find rape on the guy with purple hair, the crazy one that kill everybody, and i totally skip his route)
On the Drama CD Carlo was being raped over and over again and he was totally hating, so if is that brutal I don't know if I want to play...

Rape is not unavoidable, because in lucky dog 1, I didn't find any rape in the good or comum ending (I only find rape on the guy with purple hair, the crazy one that kill everybody, and i totally skip his route)
On the Drama CD Carlo was being raped over and over again and he was totally hating, so if is that brutal I don't know if I want to play...

The tokutens for +bad egg have non-con (or in this case reversed). It's more of a what-if situation and does not contribute to the events in the game.
Compared to the OG game there's only one non-con scene and the bad ends are as what MilkyBarKid says, violence and death.
For Bakshi's route it's unavoidable and is fairly long. Just to forewarn, it happens at the start of Rockwell arc. It's fair to skim it through (or use the skip button) because it gets pretty painful. But other than that I'd still recommend this game because the storywriting improved loads and you can see the amount of thought they put into the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3