Sonicomi/Motto Sonicomi Translation project

Sir Lancelot Sama

Jul 11, 2014
Sonicomi/ motto Sonicomi translation project

Our goal is to create a fan English translation for Super Sonico games (PC and PS3).

Description

SoniComi is based on Sonico, an overly busty amateur idol and mascot of Nitroplus, and features players as her cameraman. Naturally as a cameraman, you will both film and court her. The game flow will consist of two phases: the adventure and action phase.

Project web page: https://sonicomiproject.wordpress.com/
Project forum: http://trac.novaember.com

Current Team

Translators
pichu655889
Miso Man

Image Translators
Okarin
Zero

Image Editors
korosszeg
Trac Reed

English localization/editor:
Dalam

Technical stuff:
Sir Lancelot
Okarin

Project Lead/Spokesman:
Sir Lancelot

Open positions (updated January 8th 2015)

Translator (TLC specially but if you want to work as translator you are welcome too)..

Image Editors
Skills required:
- Edit images with Japanese text and change it for English keeping the same quality/style
- Photoshop skill needed, Paint.net/GIMP is a plus
- Willing to help on other tasks from time to time [for example, help to extract Kanjis from images into text with a very easy to use software (KanjiTomo)]
- Committed to the team [Don't leave/disappear as soon as I send you the welcome message XD].

Beta testers
Skills required:
Patience
A hacked/jailbreaked PS3 cfw 4.56+

If you are interested in joining us send me a private message. Include which position you are interested in and how we can contact you.

Edit: 2015-01-23 Beta testers needed, we are about to release the first partial patch, see this link for more information.
https://sonicomiproject.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/calling-out-beta-testers-for-partial-patch/

Last edited:
Right now there have been almost zero reponse from the community, to be honest I kind of expected low interest but so far I have gotten almost null response, I mean, not even encoraging or troll posts!. Maybe I am overreacting, but looks like the english speaking community is not really interested in playing Sonico, I understand there is a full save out there but come on, where is the fun on that.

Right now im planning on using Google translator and web kanji translator to start, of course this means the quality of the translation is going to be bad and I mean, really really bad, so probably I won't be releasing the patch with this poor quality to the community, or probably I will release an initial patch for the prologe chapter to increase interest, I am still not sure.

Not everything is lost of course, if you like Sonico you can help in a lot of ways, even if you only help to spread the word in other communities/forums that would be ok. We desesperately need some staff with decent Japanese translation skills to start.

If you're looking for someone interested in translation, you've found someone :D

Although, before anything else I must say that I am NOT VERY GOOD. I'm only just learning the Japanese language as well, and my command of the English language isn't the best either. If you're looking for commitment that might be a problem as well since I'm not the freest person in the world :/

Anyway, here's a sample of my most recent work

Hey pichu655889! thanks for your help dude, I really appreciate it, to be honest a translator is what is keeping me at bay, so having you helping is really great.

I understand you are busy (I am busy with collegue and work too), don't worry, we can go at your own pace, of course we would like to have the game finished soon, but the important thing for now is to start the project, I hope once we start we can get a little more attention and more translators that are willing to help us, I will send you a PM so we can start working on this :)

Hey guys!, just an update, after almost a month since I started the project I have had some response from other communities and this one(thanks Pichu!). We are still a small group, but the important thing is that we have already started :)

- The official page is up and running, you can say hi to us at https://sonicomiproject.wordpress.com

- The translation has already started too, we are making slow but steady progress, my plan is to release a patch once the Prologue is completed, at this moment it is at 20%.

- Still looking for staff, we want to complete this fast, so some positions still open:

Translators
We desperately need more help here, Pichu our translator is doing a great job but we still need help here to speed up things.

Image editor
Some basic Photoshop skills are needed, nothing too professional, just edit some images here and there to put English text.

Beta testers (late in release)
For the initial releases, help us test the game and assure every path works ok.

Alright, thanks guys and see you later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.