Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: H Games wiki

Thanks
    Thanked 5,362 Times in 866 Posts
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Re: H Games wiki

I've added a redirection link visible from the modding forum on AS Forum.

I only post what I bought. My uploads are for those who share the same taste but could not easily import them. If you can buy the game, please do it to support the company.
    Bugs report belong to the Site Support, not my inbox.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Checkmate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by trololove View Post
    (I am a bit unhappy with the content structure; I am thinking about creating subpages).
    The current grown page structure *is* somewhat fsck'd up.
    Instead of "game_h_guide" there should be Game/H-Guide subpages, but this is a major effort. I'd suggest to have:
    • Company pages
    • Game About pages with one or more subpages:
      • Gameplay
      • H Guide
      • Tech Info
      • Mod links

True modding info (how to mod, etc.) should go to a Namespace. That would by default not include those pages in searches. If, for what ever reason, there's need for another page (think 3 screens of FAQ for example), let's do this, but it should an exception, not the rule.
    The only problem would be the DISPLAYTITLE, but for that we could set $wgRestrictDisplayTitle through a template to make it look nice.

I am planning to get some CSS and wikiscript skills as soon as I am done with my bot, so I can help creating a custom skin (only with coding the skin, I am a horrible designer / drawer) and write a few own plugins for the wiki.
    About plugins, I'm only missing the (pretty standard) ParseFunctions plugin. I'm not sure if we need some more, the wiki is quite simple at the moment and I feel it should stay that way to encourage orther people to edit it.

Currently I am thinking about a voting tool for hgames concerning following categories (subject to change)
    Based on community experience, such votes are best placed in the forums. I'd say 90%+ browse the forums, 10% the wiki at the moment. This may change, but at this point we need just more content and encouragement for new editors.

I am also looking forward to the release of mediawiki v.1.23 which will bring great new features(VISUAL EDITOR(!!)).
    Well, I prefer a plain editor, but visual editor is great for people foreign to mediawiki markup. May be an important step to bring more editors in.
    Last edited by hmoeller; March 11th, 2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added info about DISPLAYTITLE
    Ignore This Signature
    -- You cannot solve social problems with tech. (me)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hmoeller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsThree Friends

Quote Originally Posted by hmoeller View Post
    The current grown page structure *is* somewhat fsck'd up.
    Instead of "game_h_guide" there should be Game/H-Guide subpages, but this is a major effort.
    I have created a page to discuss and plan a new article structure here.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trololove For This Useful Post:

Nobody expects the... Inquisitor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

I have created a page to discuss and plan a new article structure here.
    I appreciate the initiative, but as long as we don't get any notifications for editing pages on the wiki I'd prefer to have the discussion in this thread. Or maybe you know how to make notifications work?
    Ignore This Signature

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inquisitor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    I appreciate the initiative, but as long as we don't get any notifications for editing pages on the wiki I'd prefer to have the discussion in this thread. Or maybe you know how to make notifications work?
    I usually put talk pages that I'm interested on my watchlist and check it when I'm visiting the wiki. But I guess it's better to use the thread as Checkmate will probably read it too.

About the suggested article structure featuring subpages, I wrote the requirements at the talk page:
    Code:
    $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = true;
    $wgAllowDisplayTitle = true;
    $wgRestrictDisplayTitle = false;
    which would allow to have a page Somegame/H_Guide and use {{DISPLAYTITLE:Somegame H Guide}} to show the game name in the title. If we do not get subpages or unrestricted titles, we should ''at least'' standardize the pages used ($GAME, $GAME_H_Guide, $GAME_Gameplay, $GAME_FAQ ...). Guess we need to ask Checkmate first what he thinks he want to allow.
    Ignore This Signature

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hmoeller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Offensive content warning

Do you think it makes sence to create an warning for game containing "offensive content" like rape, etc. (e.g. Itazura Gokuaku).
    I would like to have this kind of warning since there could be more people like me, who are going through the wiki and looking for the next game to play and don't like rape, etc.
    I have a template in mind, looking like this:
    Code:
    <div
    style=" width:25%; margin-top: 4px; border: #990000 solid 2px; -moz-border-radius:8px; -webkit-border-radius:8px; -opera-border-radius:8px; -o-border-radius:8px; -khtml-border-radius:8px; border-radius:8px;">
    <div style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 4px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 4px; background-color: #CC0000; font-size: 1.4em;">
    [[File:Icon_msgbox_warning.png]]'''Offensive content warning'''</div>

{|width="25%" style="-moz-border-radius:8px; -webkit-border-radius:8px; -opera-border-radius:8px; -o-border-radius:8px; -khtml-border-radius:8px; border-radius:8px;"
    |-
    ;This game features some things which could be offensive to you
    {{{1}}}}
    |}

Thanks
    Achievements:

Re: Offensive content warning

Do you think it makes sence to create an warning for game containing "offensive content" like rape, etc. (e.g. Itazura Gokuaku).
    I would like to have this kind of warning since there could be more people like me, who are going through the wiki and looking for the next game to play and don't like rape, etc.
    I'd say dependent of whom you ask, any page in the wiki can be considered offensive (to someone). But dark themes may be somewhat special in that regard.

Or just use another {{Msgbox}} variation like {{stub}}, {{delete}}, {{cleanup}} and {{From Wikipedia}} to keep things simple.
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Achievements:

I'd say dependent of whom you ask, any page in the wiki can be considered offensive (to someone). But dark themes may be somewhat special in that regard.
    Of course the games on the wiki are somehow all offensive. But since the possibility that you are offended by hentai and get on the wiki by accident is somewhere near zero we don't need to mark everything as offensive content ;)

Nobody expects the... Inquisitor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

I usually put talk pages that I'm interested on my watchlist and check it when I'm visiting the wiki. But I guess it's better to use the thread as Checkmate will probably read it too.

About the suggested article structure featuring subpages, I wrote the requirements at the talk page:
    Code:
    $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = true;
    $wgAllowDisplayTitle = true;
    $wgRestrictDisplayTitle = false;
    which would allow to have a page Somegame/H_Guide and use {{DISPLAYTITLE:Somegame H Guide}} to show the game name in the title. If we do not get subpages or unrestricted titles, we should ''at least'' standardize the pages used ($GAME, $GAME_H_Guide, $GAME_Gameplay, $GAME_FAQ ...). Guess we need to ask Checkmate first what he thinks he want to allow.
    Checkmate (anime-sharing) is hosting the wiki for us and has nothing else to do with the content or how we organize it. We decide how we want it and if we think some WikiMedia feature is missing either I or Checkmate will install it there is consensus that it seems like a good idea.

I think the namespace structure is a good idea (I can see the possibilities and it seems the right thing to do), but I have had some issues with the VH wiki at Wikia because of the nested structure. I don't remember what it was, but I think it had something to do with exporting it and/or the interwiki navigation not working as expected. Just a general FYI that the structure may make it somewhat more unwieldy and/or might require more wiki knowledge to handle. I think we could go ahead and do it on e.g. the @HomeMate wiki as suggested. It is a rather old wiki and new gameplay findings and subsequent edits are unlikely.

Code:
    <div
    style=" width:25%; margin-top: 4px; border: #990000 solid 2px; -moz-border-radius:8px; -webkit-border-radius:8px; -opera-border-radius:8px; -o-border-radius:8px; -khtml-border-radius:8px; border-radius:8px;">
    <div style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 4px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 4px; background-color: #CC0000; font-size: 1.4em;">
    [[File:Icon_msgbox_warning.png]]'''Offensive content warning'''</div>

{|width="25%" style="-moz-border-radius:8px; -webkit-border-radius:8px; -opera-border-radius:8px; -o-border-radius:8px; -khtml-border-radius:8px; border-radius:8px;"
    |-
    ;This game features some things which could be offensive to you
    {{{1}}}}
    |}
    I agree with hmoeller. I think that trying to classify what will be offensive to some people in an adults only wiki is a little contradictory. I mean who are we to judge if people will find a game offensive? If anything we should have a general warning on all pages (maybe a little less flashy than yours). I wouldn't mind if you decide to edit a warning in on the pages you find offensive, but you should be aware that it will most likely just attract more attention (most probably from people who's attention we don't want) than it will help guys to steer clear if it's not their cup of tea. ^^
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    I think that trying to classify what will be offensive to some people in an adults only wiki is a little contradictory. I mean who are we to judge if people will find a game offensive? If anything we should have a general warning on all pages (maybe a little less flashy than yours). I wouldn't mind if you decide to edit a warning in on the pages you find offensive, but you should be aware that it will most likely just attract more attention (most probably from people who's attention we don't want) than it will help guys to steer clear if it's not their cup of tea. ^^
    Yes, you're right. Thinking of it, it propably would be better to create a template for games which displays what the game features in general (e.g. romance, rape, etc. but also things like openWorld).
    hmoeller and Inquisitor like this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information