Shingeki no Kyojin Theory Thread (Chapter 51 so far, Spoilers ahead)

Miina

chan
Elite Member
Nov 1, 2013
if you haven't read the latest chapter of series, please stay away from the thread. Sorry, major spoilers ;_;

Okay let's start. Let's have some theories here, seeing things from another point of view feels good lol

i have some classic theories about Mikasa being Eren's "toy" like how he controls titans now. (Chapter 50, Mikasa awakens and smiles)

And we still have no answers about the beast (gorilla <3) titan. What do you think about him? i think he is from yeaaars ago, afaik they actually don't age when they are in titan form. if that's so, what does he want from the mankind? Where has he been all this time? is there a secret hide-out or what? And what is the hometown Colossal and Armored always talk about?

gogo

Last edited by a moderator:
Added spoiler tags just in case people accidentally stumble into this thread.

Preferable when it comes to first couple of spoilers, but the one after the first page shouldn't be needed since if they decided to read on its their own fault.

Okay, hope someone cares to write some thoughts in this thread so that we can have a good discussion and a 2nd page.

They finally reveal titans are a transformation of humans, but I'm sure most of us figured this out when we learn about Eren. I'm surprised some people are so blown away by it.

I haven't a clue who that hairy titan is. I've forgotten all about him... like he meant nothing to the rest of the plot lol

Well since berthold and reiner is gapping their mouth in awe when they saw that ape I think he's an important figure to their group :reallyconfused:
But yeah i don't really think about him in this recent chapters... I just arrrgghhh why Ervin lost arm (why character I like always ends up losing an arm)
and how cute Eren cleaning up for Levi *lol
But I have a thought, maybe there is this village when the people could control their titan transformation where anne, berthold, and reiner comes from...
The king is suspicious,
and those collosal titans inside the walls is more disturbing than the ape... *sorry for my broken english orz

They finally reveal titans are a transformation of humans, but I'm sure most of us figured this out when we learn about Eren. I'm surprised some people are so blown away by it.

I haven't a clue who that hairy titan is. I've forgotten all about him... like he meant nothing to the rest of the plot lol
I think that the hairy titan is Eren's father. It's not a spoiler because we don't know yet. I'm just speculating.

That is very much possible actually. How did you arrive at that hypothesis?

I think that the hairy titan is Eren's father. It's not a spoiler because we don't know yet. I'm just speculating.
i don't think that is possible. Remember when we first saw Ape titan? He said something like "wooah so you guys did this huh?" for their 3D gears. But Eren's father already knew about the 3D gear. i don't think mangaka will make a stupid twist like "i lied hehehehe" in the end.

We all know that there is something suspicious with Eren's father. i can only come up with something like.. hmm "they" forced him to inject titan-things into normal people. So they could do an experiment. it was also said that in that village whenever someone was sick, Eren's father would come, inject something and they would be get better instantly.

And there is also "robot-like" super-human Mikasa. Maybe Eren's father did the same thing to her for a long time. in the end there is this theory going on 4chan that Mikasa is also titan somehow. But she can control it. That explains her superhumanity. Plus there is a scene which was not in manga but added in anime due mangaka's request.

pzpj833.gif

See how electricity goes through her brain cells and all body? Remember how the same thing happened when Eren "ordered" titans to kill that titan in last chapter? Remember how Eren was ordering her in flashback and whenever Mikasa remembers that she goes in "robot" or superhuman mode? She even broke the floor in flashback scene.

So yeah.

Last edited:
Yeah i don't think it's possible too because that ape show interest to 3d gear...

The premise of Shingeki no Kyojin shows influence from Biblical text with the titans being a depiction of Nephilim that are described to have been giants.

Below is a passage to which the series may have taken influence.

"The land through which we had gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. There also we saw the Nephilim; and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.

On to the theories,

On the origin of the titans - Following the reference I made, I theorize that the titans were once an entire race of their own. They had their own language and writing system as evidenced in chapter 38. (In close inspection you can see that the writing is similar to the symbols found on the X-men movie's Nightcrawler's body which are angelic letters. There could be an existence of tribes among conscious titans.

On the ape titan - it's safe to assume that the ape titan is not nor has ever been human and perhaps the oldest among them if we go by theory of evolution as part of titan aging with the ape titan being an ancestor.

On Berthodlt and Rainer's village - I am assuming its a tribe of titans who were once human but were at some point regained their sanity. Historia has a part in this but that is for another post.

Part 2:

On Historia's family - I believe the Reiss family is part of a titan royal family as their legacy is known to several titans even those with no consciousness. I also believe that they are responsible for the titans inside the walls giving the command for these titans to serve as guardians of humanity.

On Eren's father - Eren's father is really sketchy. From his secret basement to his sudden disappearance. We all know that his experiments have all been about titans, as to why, we can say that its all for the assurance of humanity's survival, as to what that exactly is well... A few points... 1. He did something to Mikasa, I assume he did the same with Eren but Mikasa was subjected to it earlier. If I recall correctly Eren had the same injection that Mikasa took before her parents got killed. 2. It has something to do with titan transformation but its imperfect. 3. He is affiliated with the higher-ups I assume he is affiliated with the group that manufactures the swords and the 3DMGs.

On the subject of the transformation - it may have been a determinant of Eren's transformation. Unlike other titan shifters, Eren's has no special ability (Ymir with mobility, Rainer with armor, Bertholt with immense size, Annie with selective restoration). Eren is also the most proportional and complete among them. Ymir is an ancient titan based on how crude her appearance is (also she stated that she was a titan for centuries before becoming human), but Annie, Rainer and Bertholt are of a different generation as depicted by their transformation being proportional but lacking in skin (this may be a recurring factor in all titans that were once human).

If traced back Annie has relatives in the inner districts this evidences that within the walls are people who are either born with titan ancestry like Historia or were subjected to the same experiments that Eren's father did.

On Mikasa and Eren - I can assume that whatever Eren's father injected Mikasa with, it was incomplete. And what he injected into Eren was either close to completion of was intended for someone else as the scene showed regret on Eren's father's face as if he would rather not inject it on Eren. Whatever it is, it was intended as a weapon against titans. The electrical effects on Mikasa I believe was meant to represent an awakening within her, as to what, it's all in manga and anime. The injections on Mikasa does not have any effect on her at the time since she obtained a scar on her face which would have healed if she were indeed already a titan. It is a prerequisite to be eaten by a titan in order to be a titan (as evidenced by Eren, Rainer and Bertholt), another prerequisite is a strong desire.

Ooh this sounds fun. I'll have a go at this..

Interesting theory aexiel. Seeing as how Mikasa is the only remaining part of Eren's past, (his father is still MIA, presumably hiding somewhere with the cruel truth) she might also have something to do with the injection, thing. However, based from gag panels, I can safely guess that she can't transform into a titan. Despite all the things that were revealed (the trio of titan-humans, the ape titan, titans inside wall rose, titan abilities etc.) there are still a lot of gaps in our information. I think the outside world might have all the explanations we need. Before the Fall might shed some light since I'm seeing heavy state intervention from given statements. A select group of the few know, without a doubt, what is really happening and how it happened.

Now, I would like to point attention to the mural at the second ending with all them obscure symbols. They clearly show 2 kingdoms(?) at war with each other. What they were fighting over at this point is anyone's guess. Another interesting point of interest are the human figures who lined up together with their arms outstretched. There's something about these figures, maybe their disproportionate height that made me think of Hanji's theory that the whole length of the Rose wall is composed of rows of titans.

Now to decrease the length of this post I present my theory based on my observation; The 'power'of the titans were unleashed on an exiled race of humans who were sentenced to live in a cage that either protects them from the outside world or they could be the real monsters, isolated to protect the rest of the world..

Wall cult ideal = humans are evil, keep them locked up whatever it takes amen
Ape titan's surprise at human invention = the mice have finally learned to gnaw at the wire fence
titans inside the wall rose 'awakened' from their slumber = the fence giving away
humans who made it out of the wall = fresh guard dogs

Manga-ka announced that he will change the ending since he was planning to end it in a miserable way where everyone dies and all, but hurting readers' feelings would be bad in his case so changing the ending was the best idea he could come up with.

And there won't be any release for the next 3 months because of that decision. Let's see what kind of a role Historia will get. More importantly, how will this new ending affect our unanswered mysteries? Origin of titans, his father, Ape Titan, walls and many more.

Time to wait.

Aww, I was kinda rooting for the ending where everyone dies:)

As long as it isn't an ending where the titans where in fact friends all along and everyone becomes friends..

Is death a destination or a decision?

Last edited:
i feel that Erens father was dead all along, and eren is the one who killed (ate) him but he doesnt remember. read chapter 47 in the manga.
it seems they need to eat a human to transform back from
titan ---To----> human
That means that eren transformed once before becoming a soldier but he doesnt remember that fact.

She probably wanted to keep Eren and queen only a ordinary human/safe ... that's why she altered their memories.

and father was always telling him some things which he will forget until it's needed. Eren is probably also related to the royal family somehow.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks