Release:12/03/30
Size: 6.92 GB - 3.23 GB

Bitshare:
Freakshare:
Rapidgator:
Uploadable:

Last edited:
Reactions: Arylin
[MENTION=74348]Eromaniac[/MENTION]; A dummy cut has unnecessary files and filler material removed. It makes for a smaller file size overall and usually does not affect the core content. Useful if you want to save on space.

Reactions: Eromaniac and Whis
Thanks for the fast reply. Say, just out of sheer curiosity,could you be a lil' more specific as to what exactly is deemed "unnecessary" or "filler material"?

[MENTION=74348]Eromaniac[/MENTION]; I'm actually going off an old thread from Hongfire. It was said that it's data inserted just to fill up a DVD when the content is unable to justify using up disc's whole capacity. To take xaeroak15's example, if you have a VN that's 750MB compressed you obviously can't load it into a CD but it's too small to justify a DVD so the DVD gets loaded with null data (the dummy content) to pad it out. zephyranthez pointed out that in some cases this null data is used to check if the DVD is inserted (which means that most dummy cuts require NoDVD cracks), while Freaka noted that it can cause problems if updates check the entirety of the data for updating purposes.

In short, it's likely just random garbage. You're unlikely to find Easter eggs hidden within them, if that's what you're wondering. :goodtea:

The source, ten posts long.

Reactions: Eromaniac
You made me laugh which is quite a feat. Your explanation was just perfect, I've learned something today. Dummy cut is actually a good thing for me since I wanna save as much space as I can on my HDD. Thanks again for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.
Enemond17 wrote on Shine's profile.
神具姫ヒーローアンチド could you please reupload this? thanks