Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [RPG Maker game] Renryuu: Ascension [WIP]

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Re: [RPG Maker game] Renryuu: Ascension [WIP]

The poll results are in! The fan favorite side-character is Kurohime with 178 votes!

List of the characters with the highest votes:
    Kurohime (178 votes)
    Jeanne (156 votes)
    Jessy (138 votes)
    Lady Akira (126 votes)
    Hellhound (123 votes)
    Naomi (115 votes)
    Varea (113 votes)
    Frozen Queen (111 votes)
    Grey (108 votes)
    Shanna (108 votes)
    Palasha (104 votes)
    Mai (103 votes)

Thanks to everyone who participated in the polls.

The poll for what the New Years Eve wallpaper with these girls shall look like is still open:
    https://strawpoll.com/polls/LVyKxkz1bn0
    You can decide whether the characters will be shown while eating together, or lined up. The poll will be open until the weekend is done.
    Ignore This Signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Achievements:

Since it has been a while since the last update, and there have already been people asking and speculating about it, I thought it would be a good idea to let you know the current state of it.

I've spend the last couple of weeks on background stuff, like bugfixes, spelling mistakes, preparing CGs and scenes for the future, but most of all for a wiki page for the game.
    The wiki page is supposed to replace the blog as my homepage, which got barely any clicks and doesn't seem to be needed.
    My goal is to make the wiki an improved version of the walkthrough, with all necessary information to answer any question and help with all riddles and problems players may encounter. I know that some people prefer a .pdf walkthrough, but to me, a wiki can be a lot more detailed and is easier to manage. It also helps that the wiki can be edited by other people, so if players find mistakes or missing information, they can add it themselves immediately.

I knew from a previous attempt that creating a wiki for Renryuu is a very draining and time consuming thing, due to the several hundred locations, characters, quests, items, and all the details that people would love to know about, however, the wiki has cost me even more time than I expected. That's why I'm making it public before it is fully complete, so that other people can help me with it and lessen the burden at least a bit, and because I don't want to stop working on the new content for the game for any longer than I already did.

The wiki has:
    - A list of all main and side characters.
    - A story page which explains all steps of the main story without giving full spoilers of everything that happens.
    - A page for the different locations of all countries.
    - A list of all quests which can be sorted by alphabet or quest ID number. The pages of the individual quests are mostly taken from the walkthrough, but also contain all quest steps and the text was improved in many cases.
    - A page with lists for all items, including weapons and armors, which shows all stats and effects. The lists can be sorted, for example weapons by the ATK value on it. However weapons which give a percentage based increase will be out of order for this.
    - The list of shops.
    - A page which explains how to craft things.
    - A list of all enemies with their entire stats. Same as in most other lists, it can be sorted by specific stats or alphabet.
    - A page for the three raids in the Spire of Courage.
    - The solutions for all major riddles.
    - A page for the FAQ with answers to common questions.

What is missing:
    - The individual pages for side characters.
    - The individual pages for enemies, with their locations, skills, and the drops, experience and gold you can get from them.
    - The individual pages for locations, and what you can find and do in those areas.
    - The age, height, breast size, likes, hates, and home information in the list of characters. Since I never made a list for those things in the past, it's pretty much open in most cases. Feel free to add these infos based on what you think is correct based on the existing events and images of the characters.

You can find the new wiki at: https://renryuu.miraheze.org

Apart from the main page, all pages can be edited, and you can create new pages without limitations. It'd be great, if some people could help me out by adding and improving things in the wiki. It would save me a lot of time and effort.

Mentioning adult things is okay, but please don't post any NSFW images in the wiki.

As for the next game update:
    - I fixed the bug with Mary's CG scene, which showed her old CG at first and then kept the new CG on the screen even after the scene was over when you played the scene for the first time.
    - The cross-hair in Della's aiming mini-game is now certain to go to the middle of the target every X movements. This'll prevent that the game will result in a boring waiting game if you're unlucky and the randomly generated movements refuse to go to the middle of the target.
    - I removed the word "Equip" from the choices when you change weapons, armors, or horses for vanguard squads, as the text was too long in a few cases.
    - I started with the events for the romantic relationship with Della, which will lead to her CG scene.
    - A „black temple“ as big building project was planned to be a challenge area for the individual party members by themselves. For finishing the challenge, the character was supposed to receive a new skills and/or a permanent stats increase. However, I'm not satisfied with the current maps and stories for it, since it didn't turn out as big and impressive as I wanted. That's why I'll have to see how I can change and improve it, and can't say yet whether it'll be in the next update or later.
    - I'm considering to give Chiyo the new abilities „Alchemist“ at the point of her events at which you can talk with her to open the crafting menu. The skill would replace that option and could be used outside of battles to open the crafting menu anywhere in the world. It would make crafting tables redundant once you reach that point, but it'd be more comfortable for the players.
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Achievements:

Update 22.12.06
    - For those that haven't heard about it yet, I created a wiki for the game at https://renryuu.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
    The wiki is still not fully finished, as many characters and locations are missing, but it already has a bunch of additional details that the walkthrough doesn't offer.
    Apart from the main page the entire wiki can be edited by everyone. Which means people can directly add details themselves when they notice that something is missing or unclear.
    Any help to improve and expand the wiki is appreciated!

- The vanguard leader Della now has new events and a CG scene. The last step of the dialogs requires that Della's squad is level 7 or higher.
    - Change to Della's aiming mini-game: Every few movements, the aiming image is certain to go to the middle of the target.
    - New ability "Alchemist" for Chiyo after the events about the alchemy equipment for her. When you're past those events in Chiyo's story, she automatically learns the new skill when you talk with her in her sleeping chamber.
    "Alchemst" replaces the dialog option for crafting, and allows you to open the crafting menu anywhere while you're out of combat.
    - Removed the word "Equip" from the choices when you change weapons, armors, or horses for vanguard squads, as the text was too long in a few cases.
    - The CG image in Mary's CG scene doesn't stay on the screen anymore, and the first image is now the updated CG art version.
    - The "Black Twin Towers of Honor" can now be build! A dialog with General Günther about these towers becomes available when you use the teleport orb after you recruited all party members and finished the first floor of the Spire of Courage.
    The construction will be a big project with three increasingly expensive phases.
    In the tower itself, you can take three types of daily quests: Hunting, Fighting, and Speed.
    You can also do a solo challenge with each party member, which gives the character either a new skill or increased stats at the end. Most challenges usually have some sort of gimmick.

About the daily quests:
    - The Fighting quest has a different buff/debuff depending on which day it is:
    Monday: Everyone is confused and does random attacks at random targets in every battle.
    Tuesday: All party members have only 1% HP but +70% magic and physical evasion.
    Wednesday: Hit rate reduced by 50%, but +50% experience gained.
    Thursday: MP cost for skills *5 but the TP gain rate is tripled and TP is preserved between battles.
    Friday: -50% (M.)ATK but +30% crit chance
    Saturday: Gold and item drop chance doubled
    Sunday: -50% (M.)DEF but AGI tripled
    - The game checks what day is set in your system when you enter the tower, which means you have to leave and re-enter the tower when you want to update the day.
    - When the date changes while the game is running, it might be necessary to restart the game before it'll recognize the new date when you enter the tower.
    - You can do the daily quests more than once per day, but you'll get the full reward only once per day. A red orb turns green when the quest is done for the current day.

Downloads:
    MEGA: https://mega.nz/folder/CpQXwBDS#wwZlWRrPWoGzZX5h0-MlRQ
    Hi-Drive: https://www.hidrive.strato.com/share/ijp41t-our
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Achievements:

Happy Holidays!

The wedding for the first side characters is here!
    Version 22.12.24 adds new events with Mai and Dea, which'll unlock their marriage. The events also introduces a new and unique monstergirl called Nessa.
    The story starts when you talk with Lili in the castle of Aldlyn after you have all requirements:
    - Dea's previous good path events. [Solo scene with Dea in the secret hot spring]
    - Beach scene with Lili.
    - Marriage system unlocked.
    - Chiyo's events done to the point that Mozaik is living at the big farm in Central.
    - First dialog with Akai at the work area near Aldlyn.

- I changed how the random encounters with purple flames in the "Black Twin Towers of Honor" work, so that they don't turn into different monsters at the end of the battle sometimes.
    - There was a bug that when you changed the armor on vanguard squads, the previous armor of the squad would disappear. This issue is fixed now.

Downloads:
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Achievements:

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

Today, step by step, all countries in the world celebrate their start into the new year 2023.
    As my present to you for this special event, I made a summary of Renryuu in 2022, my plans for the next year, and my artist made a New Years celebration wallpaper for you with the winners of the side character polls from a while ago.

Renryuu in 2022:
    - A marriage system and the weddings for all main girls were added.
    - A second accessory slot was added for all party members, so that you can combine wedding rings with other accessory items.
    - The weddings with the first side characters, Mai and Dea, was added at the end of 2022.
    - A wiki for the game was created: https://renryuu.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
    - All 20 vanguard squad leaders can now be used (some only as test version without character image)
    - Crafting is now available anywhere with Chiyo's "Alchemist" skill.
    - Daily quests and character specific challenges available via the "Black Twin Towers of Honor."
    - Adventures for the female genderbender trio.
    - A colorblind mode was added for riddles where color is important.
    - A card collection system was added with 180 unique cards.
    - An achievement system was added.
    - Renryuu had 21 game updates in total in 2022.

Plans for 2023:
    - Most important: Advancing all planned content of the "current time" to move forward towards the time skip events.
    (This includes the CG scenes for characters that don't have one yet, and political events with the other countries.)
    - More weddings with side characters.
    - Further preparations and improvements for the war system.
    - Addition of the last vanguard leaders with character images.
    - More monstergirls.
    - Improve and finish the wiki with all important information.

The wallpaper is available in:
    1024x768 [4:3]
    1280x1024 [5:4]
    1600x1200 [4:3]
    1920x1080 [16:9]
    1920x1200 [16:10]
    3840x2160 [16:9]

Download link: https://mega.nz/folder/SogBiBoC#lch5MBKzo7IACFOdPNS98A

Have a good start into 2023 everyone!
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Achievements:

Update 23.01.19 changes:

- A new questline with Adrianna, which start when you talk with her in the bar of Calterburry after Adrianna's first CG scene, Elly's second scene (after the events with the Luminous Order) and after you supported Varea for the throne of Amagal.
    - New full body CGs for Queen Jeanne Apelia of Begus, the Magicspirit, Varea, and the maid Louise. (Can be seen when you talk with the character, or via the CG room)
    - In the CG room, next to the "Scene" icon, is now a counter which shows how many CG scenes the character has, and how many of them you have unlocked.
    - New full body CGs and character sprites for Kurohime.
    - After the spy mission with Kurohime in Luolambo (which unlocks her as a vanguard squad leader) and when you unlocked the private beach on the island Amaranthe, a new sparkling icon will appear near Witton on the overview map.
    The event will trigger a story with multiple events, which are all started via such a sparkling icon on the overview map. The last event is a yellow island icon above Havaria Port, which triggers a CG on Amaranthe.
    These events introduce the new character Citrinne, who was create as a reward for reaching a stretch goal on SubscribeStar a while ago.
    - I fixed a bug which caused the tentacles in the secret prison to appear when you used the CG room to watch the scene of Irinlia and Lace while you're on their good route.

Downloads:
    Ignore This Signature

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread Information