Are you afraid of dying?

Perplexing

Elite Member
Elite Member
Jul 26, 2011
I've always found this to be an interesting discussion. I mean lets face it we are all going to die unfortunately we don't really get to choose how we do so.

For myself I am not afraid of dying as I've accepted the fact long ago, however I don't want to die young nor do I want to leave my family behind as in my kids who are not yet grown.

I've been to a lot of funerals in my time (the earliest was my great grandmother whom died when I was 4 years old) and I think it's because I've buried several friends and family that I've come to a form of peace so to say with the knowledge that one day I will be gone from here.

So if you dare please tell us your thoughts on one of the hardest subjects to discuss in my opinion.

Quite honestly, I am afraid - for I know what's waiting for me on the other side, if I didn't change now.
For I have not make peace with my Maker, and if by any chance should I die now, I'm doom for eternity.

Hopefully, I'll be able to amend all my sins before my time come. And when that time come, I can let go of this life in peace.

Reactions: Perplexing
I'm not afraid of dying per se, or of what will come after, I'm afraid of what will precede it.

I agreed with this. There are so many horrible diseases out there now and it's horrible to see a love on contract them. I've lost family to cancer and most recently my grandfather died (May 31st) from Alzheimer. His mother died from that as well so it's something that runs in the family and I am concerned that it may strike my mom or my siblings or myself in time.

Honestly' I really don't know.
I guess I won't know it until I'm at that moment.

Im more afraid of not being able to live a super wonderful life!
I enjoy life!
^^,

“Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live.” -Tuck Everlasting

Well, once I'm dead I won't really care anymore - so there's no reason to worry about it. You can die at any moment for a myriad of reasons - life is fragile.
That being said I would prefer living for quite a bit before it happens, but I'll spend that time without needless worrying. ;)

Well, there's a saying about life and death:

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow." - Ol' Ben Kenobi Franklin

Meant that we have to balance both, so that we prosper in this life and the afterlife.

I'm more afraid of getting old. I'd rather die than get old. I'll probably commit suicide before 40. Why bother living with an old body that's starting to fall apart and requires maintenance?

no offense meant.

40 still consider not old. Why waste it before its' expiring date?
Enjoy life to the fullest.

My grandmother died at around the age of 50 due to kidney cancer. I never got to meet her but i was told she was a amazing women who always cared about my family even though she was going through so much pain. She would always have a smile on her face no matter what up in till the day she passed. She lived life to her fullest and was there for every event in my families lives.

While I am afraid of dieing in the sense of leaving behind friends and family i am not afraid of what will happen after because whatever happens, happens. All i know is i will live my life to the fullest like my grandmother did.

There is only 1 way that I am "Afraid" of dieing. That is if I was to go before my parents. This is something I guess that really bother my mom and dad.

It stems from when I was 14 I had a 20 year old brother that died in a car accident. Since then my parents have always have been bothered by that fact, and wonder if I will go before them. They think it is wrong for a child to pass before the parent, and now I think that has passed to me.

Now if my mom an dad were gone, then no I am not afraid. I have made my peace long ago, and to this day feel free and ready.

I am going to be very direct in this. Death has no effect on me. To a point I could be looked upon as being very cynical, sadistic, maybe very cold. If someone dies, all the world has some kind of story about how great, how noble or how kind that person was. I see that as all well and good, but the person is dead, they can't hear you or anyone else.

Now on an emotional side, death can be very troubling for people all over the world, because they don't know how to hold themselves when the time comes; either for them or someone else. People share bonds with other people and when one leaves, then there is a hole that is in their bond and they don't know how to fill it. People cry, relate and look back by telling stories.

Religiously speaking. On the matter of dying. Some want to die by living to a respectable age or natural causes. some go out with a bang and don't look back. Others are terrified of dying and they will do anything to live to the fullest and the longest they can out of their own securities. Those who belief in God (Their own version, their own way) have no problem with death and actually may rejoice on ones passing to be with their maker. Those who don't believe in God may question themselves about what happens after they die. Some may also, out of their own insecurity suffer manic depression or some breakdown and become wrecks out of their fear for when they die.

On my side of the fence, I will give a word of comfort, I will support you when needed. But my emotion will not change on the matter, I am still on the decision of being stiff and cold about it. Personally I am not afraid of death, nor will I avoid it. It is a natural thing.

I'm not afraid of dying, because I've accepted that I would die a long time ago and in my belief it is a part of living. We all live and die, but it is how we choose to live that matters most. I choose to live by enjoying myself and enjoying the time I have with the people I care about. As long as I accomplish that one goal, I'm fine with whenever my time comes.

afraid? even if i scared...it's useless... :( so i'm not afraid of it

so i just keep living and make sure that my life have meaning...and not being forgotten :)

To Faceless: I must say, that was rather well spoken. Truly you must have put some thought on the matter on how you would have written this? I admire that quality already knowing what may lie ahead in the future for good or for ill and take it head on. With no regrets of course.

I'm afraid of the HOW part of dying, not death itself. If possible, I want to die in my sleep due to old age. : ) "It's my time."

To Faceless: I must say, that was rather well spoken. Truly you must have put some thought on the matter on how you would have written this? I admire that quality already knowing what may lie ahead in the future for good or for ill and take it head on. With no regrets of course.

Thank you, I feel that I was able to come to this view point even more so after my previous employment where I was working with the medical examiners office as transport. I saw death on almost a daily basis for several years, and it was a true eye opener.

@ psychia, your post made me think of this joke "When I die, I want to die like my grandfather–who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car"

I find it very interesting when one can make jokes of dying, their dying or something else on the matter. I think It's just nice and considerate euphemisms.

I feel that when people make jokes about dying it is their own way of dealing with it. Just my opinion, and others may feel differently.

Again, well spoken. Yes it is a way of dealing with it. Some because of their nature, they just try to make it as light as possible so their emotions are not so strained when they think of it.

What do you think?

That sounds about right, basically in the words I was trying to think of but came up short. So I just used the words that did come to mind. From what I learned while on the job each person has a different way of dealing with death either their own or a loved ones.

Agreed, each one does a certain way to deal with things in their life and death is a fairly big thing to touch on with some individuals.

I'm afraid of young dying and I'm afraid of no-dying when I'm old.

On personal experiences, my perspective towards dying is rather simple. That is, accepting what is to come.
I see no reason as to be afraid of something that cannot be reversed or changed, nor do I consider dying at whichever age I am would influence my feeling towards death. That is, to fear it or not.
I've had 1 experience where it was life or death. True, I was struggling against it. I had that feeling to go against what it seems inevitable. But I would not really consider this a fear of death.
Accepting what is to come does not rip any privilege away from anyone who tries to struggle against it, and if one does struggle, often enough the what seems inevitable was really just a challenge one must face through their lifetime :)

This is, of course, entirely my own opinion. As much as said, I fear more for what is uncertain than what has already been set that just haven't happened yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR