What makes a phone so smart?

ForgetMe

Jan 10, 2012
As our technology develops at a rapid pace, one of the visible changes is the mobile phones. When the first mobile phones were brought into light, it has changed our lives ever since. What we used to have were big, fat, bulky mobile phones (which I think could kill or cause harm to someone depending on how you use it) before it progressed to smaller phones and eventually to what we have today, thinner phones equipped with high-end hardware to support the software.

The question here is would you rather choose a simple phone such as Nokia 3310 over a smartphone such as Samsung Galaxy Note or S3, IPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia or 808 Pureview or a HTC? What makes a smartphone so smart like what it's being called?

As what many phones should be doing, the main function of a phone and the reason of having it is the ability to call or text. Any other stuff are extras but those aren't really important. Since most of us may own a smartphone, do you think that it is necessary to be getting it? Most of it comes from the desire to own, to show-off and to keep updated with the latest innovations. One of the reason a phone is called a smartphone is because of its ability to handle applications. How necessary are those applications at all? Everyone has got games installed in their phone but after a month or so, you'll eventually get bored of it and there it is, you'll be using it as an ordinary phone.

Nonetheless, most of us go for the better quality cameras with high megapixels but is that the only thing in mind? Other apps may be useful but is it necessary? Apparently, some of us use our phones to access the internet such as FaceBook or stream videos with our Wifi or GPS but is that the only thing that most of us do which could be accessed using a laptop? It may be for convenience. Well, people do use it as a media player to listen to songs while hitting the road but what about an Ipod or any other MP3 player? It may be a form of entertainment but when you think about it, is there much to it? Some of us may have two phones when one would only need one.

What do you think? Why own a smartphone?

Last edited:
Consolidation - instead of a watch, calculator, PDA, laptop (most of which need additional hardware to get online on the road), and MP3 player I now have a single device. Much less to carry around and cheaper as well. ;)

Hmm well having internet wherever you go and whatever games there are is quite a plus... never know when boredom would strike and you dont have anything else to do~ As for the other applications... its just more simple to have one thing that can do everything than multiple devices which can get bulky and heavy...
I barely use my phone actually... for any purpose :/ My mom usually takes it and calls friends... im quite fine with just the laptop...

I am unable to make a sound judgement due to my lack of cell phone or any phone use.

Based from what I read and seen, it appears more necessary for those who are 'on the go'.

Therefore, those with business, school, traveling, and whatnot can access the main and extra features.

Simplicity is best if we do not require much or use other things to supplement the 'smartphone'.

Perhaps, it is deemed 'smart' because it's a 'smart' choice if we desire those functions 'all-in-one' like coro mentioned.

It's like what coro said, smartphones are all in one package. Every little thing that these things have like notepad or calendar are things that used to take up space in our bags or pockets, or things that were not immediately available when we needed them.

And smartphones can literally be smart. I know there is an app that actually records foreign languages spoken and converts them to English or vice versa on the spot. That's something you want on your trip to foreign countries.

-The simple ability to beat you in math (by speed).
-Perfectly replicate voices (practically impossible for humans)

convenience convenience convenience is basically what it breaks down to really. For some a smartphone is absolutly ideal for some its a just a waste. Myself I do not need a smartphone per say but I still want one and prefer to use one. I use the camera, texting, checking email, looking up the occasion search on the internet, GPS, and alot of other things. It all comes back to convenience it is more convenient for me to have a smartphone. I can live without one probably but I choose not too. It also comes back to cost also. When you start a new plan or phone service if a smartphone is a free choice or you can choose something with less features then I would choose the smartphone for the mere fact that its the same price and a better value. Back to your question what makes a phone smart? I know at sometimes they seem like there annoying then anything but they do a lot of smart stuff. For example it organizes and you can customize it forever. I use the Google speech feature which allows me to free up my hands. Shaazam that allows you click a button for it to recognize any song or put files on them. I use to put pdf's on them so I can study or write on blog.

Consolidation - instead of a watch, calculator, PDA, laptop (most of which need additional hardware to get online on the road), and MP3 player I now have a single device. Much less to carry around and cheaper as well. ;)

That is also another feature of smartphones. It has turned 10 devices into one. I also use the mp3 player on my phone as well.

Hmm well having internet wherever you go and whatever games there are is quite a plus... never know when boredom would strike and you dont have anything else to do~ As for the other applications... its just more simple to have one thing that can do everything than multiple devices which can get bulky and heavy...
I barely use my phone actually... for any purpose :/ My mom usually takes it and calls friends... im quite fine with just the laptop...

Oh yes you have no idea how many times my phone has saved me from boredom.

Honestly I love smartphone and are thankful we can use them. They are handy a tool for anyone. However I understand that they are not for everyone. Another thing alot of people my not use them but as technology advances more and more people which will replace all old phone all together.

Thats my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/