Rapid Gator? File Factory? Those file hosts are too weak...

Nyarlathotep

Crawling Chaos
May 8, 2012
Unbearable advertisements, extremely low speed (unless you pay), downloaded files are always unusable...
These file hosts are too weak. Why are everyone interested in these hosts and not try to find some better ones?
Here is a foreign host which is not only totally-free and have no advertisements, but also much faster:
introduction:This is the most commonly used ACG file host in China. It's a pity that it doesn't have a multi-lingual website. If you are interested you can use the translation function in Google Chrome to use it. Rapid Gator's poor speed and unstableness makes it looks like a garbage compared with the powerful performance of 115. In addition, 115 is tooootally free! No need to pay, easy to use. And.. 115 supports downloading multiple files at a time. And no waiting time, able to resume downloads...no ad, totally free.
Ahh, by the way I'm not making an ad;) I'm recommending my favorite file host.
Does anyone know any other powerful totally-free file hosts? Can be hosts in any languages, performance is always in the first place.

Last edited:
Unbearable advertisements? - use adblocker or something similar that fits your browser.
Extremely low speeds? - That may be entirely dependent on your location, or perhaps ISP.
Unusable downloads - This, again, may be entirely dependent on your location or ISP.
The reason "everyone" are interested in them is because those are some of the hosts with decent upload speed or rewards. Uploaders are those who choose which hosts free users have to use. In the end it's about what's convenient for them, not what is convenient for the leechers.

The fact that the link you provide is to some foreign filehost with no English support doesn't really help. Google translate is not enough. What if, you for some reason have to contact support? Not everybody here knows Chinese. Most other common/used filehosts are also "totally-free" as you call it, they just set limitations on free users. They're there to make money, not to please free users who aren't paying for their service. That's just how it is.

As far as I can tell, 115 went downhill when they made their client install mandatory to download anything (udown:// protocol), unless I'm mistaken.

If I had to recommend one, it would be jumbofiles.com (but I'm pretty sure uploaders have their reasons for using others).

If I had to recommend one, it would be jumbofiles.com (but I'm pretty sure uploaders have their reasons for using others).
Agreed, I use Jumbofiles too since mediafire starts blocking accounts after getting a file reported.

There are already a couple threads that are in close resemblance to this thread's title.

But all the threads are about the same thing: These file hosts suck! Here's a better one.

I agree with WsE. File hosting is a business, you have to pay to play. If you want free usage, you get crappy service.

The issue is this, since Megaupload was taken off line. There's really no file sharing site besides the old Rapidshare that anyone can use for anything. I suggest we get used to these new hosting sities.

Extremely low speeds? - That may be entirely dependent on your location, or perhaps ISP.

Not true. Most of the file host he mentioned cap speeds.

The only good one nowadays is Mediafire and Rapidshare ever since they improved.

Not true. Most of the file host he mentioned cap speeds.

The key word is may. Not saying it's true in all cases. And they do indeed cap the speed, but even then it can vary from person to person depending on location and such.

115 does make client install mandatory which is inconvenient, but it is faster. The factor of location makes sense, but I am in North America. I don't think a Chinese host takes any advantages in location factor. By the way I don't mean that 115 is the best, I just suggest that uploaders can try some new hosts:P (I'm going to try JumboFiles, hope it will be a good one..)

The key word is may. Not saying it's true in all cases. And they do indeed cap the speed, but even then it can vary from person to person depending on location and such.
Does edoc.com still paying for affiliates? Please reply, I need to know.

Agreed, I use Jumbofiles too since mediafire starts blocking accounts after getting a file reported.
Do you know any best paying file host? Please reply I need to know thank you.

Last edited:
Since megaupload breakdown, everything has become UNSTABLE.
You should consider yourself luck and thanks these guys for keeping the host site alive.
Just be patience or else you won't be able to download.
But I do agree that it does get to you.

Since megaupload breakdown, everything has become UNSTABLE.
You should consider yourself luck and thanks these guys for keeping the host site alive.

I am very much eager to second this. Ever since the feds killed MU, there's been total massacre of both files and users everywhere--RapidShare, HotFile, and [insert popular filehosts around that time]. Heck, even FileSonic disabled their file sharing service and mutated into a cloud storage.

Then, slow speed can easily be mitigated by using Premium Link Generators. A quick Google of "[insert a filehost name] premium link generator" will net you an abundant amount of results.

While searching for a good PLG might be time consuming, it will save you a lot more time. All you need is a lil' bit of patience until you find a good PLG that meets your needs.

I've actually given this some more thought, I feel sad about this. We have these other sites, and I know they can't operate for free. I bet some people would want to donate to them to keep them running, but there's the trust factor. How would we know these sites are reliable? I'm thankful for the downloads, but why do I feel uneasy?

I've actually given this some more thought, I feel sad about this. We have these other sites, and I know they can't operate for free. I bet some people would want to donate to them to keep them running, but there's the trust factor. How would we know these sites are reliable? I'm thankful for the downloads, but why do I feel uneasy?

Problem is, if you stick the "Donation" keyword in a paypal payment, the other end's paypal account will probably get banned.

The whole DDL industry is held hostage by Paypal. Users would rather choose free download than try other payment services. And most users are hesitated to give credit card details to DDL hosts. There are too many scamming DDL hosts out there. E.g. keep charging the credit card and offer no cancel subscription button. Unfortunately there is no other "trusted" service like Paypal out there. We are under the shade and really have no choice.

Uploaders, downloaders, DDL hosts all suffer from this.

Uploaders could lose the "rewards" if the host close down
DDL hosts could have the whole business trashed if the paypal account is unusable
Downloaders force to use whatever crap hosts available out there.

I also see a new trend of DDL hosts charging more for premium accounts. Used to cost may be $7/mo, now it is closer to $14/mo.

Anyone interested in joining a private sharing LAN? I'm quite sick of posting releases and the earning can't even pay for a fraction of the server cost.

Last edited:
For all heavy uploader's data transfer is converted to cost. Therefor any hosting site that doesn't offer remunaration will be less used than any other that actually pays you for uploading stuff.

Earlier this year Paypal updated their site policy regarding the filehost industry. Paypal holds your account balance for 15-30 days depending on the risk factor involved in your site, wether you get a lot of refunds or not. They see a liability issue in which if a user buys a prem account and 3 days later they issue a refund, if the host already withdrew that money, they have to somehow refund back money that isn't in the host paypal balance. In conclusion, every set amount of time; sites that have a high count of refunds will have a setback by Paypal, since they will hold their account balance for a set amount of time; this proves fatal "hostage" and a knife thrusted in the nuts of my sites, wereas they will slowly bleed to death.

Now if you don't like any filehost site used, get gc's or mikocon's torrents. If you don't like torrents, you are pretty much SOL.

I am sure the filehosts are fine with the 30 days holding. It is a common practice for credit card payment anyway. They could just payout later.
Most likely there paypal was lobbied by certain companies to ban DDL sites using extremes of the ToS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha
Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi if you get time can you reupload this please.