LOL.. how many ppl dont have a Facebook.. an whythey dont have it?

Stigia

Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
i guess one reason of why i don't have a Facebook account is

1.- i don't like it
2.- lol this post never exist
3.- Any one can have a FB page, but not all the ppl who have my interest will be in AS forum.
4.- Love forums XD

maybe am wrong.. but if you want my attention just ask for my msn or Skype.. so will have a more direct attention from me ...

So have a nice day and i willl be here if i can help any one....

hmm.... i think some people don't have facebook is due to:

- they're not aware of it ~ probably they are influenced by another social networking site ~ . myspace, multiply etc. or other source of leisure activity fun site ~ . . forums.. ~ .
- doesn't want get to involved or doesn't want to get hooked/ addicted to apps by the facebook ~ . e.g. mafia wars, plants vs. zombies.. etc
- not friendly ~ or a social recluse? doesn't want virtual interaction ~ .
- facebook is syndicate evil ~ that's all
- doesn't care at all if you're in or out of the crowd as long as you're happy ~ .

these are just my opinions ~ . ..

Reactions: teo222
hmm..some other reason also is:

- Some people dont know how to use pc
- those people who's age is 60 above.They think they are too old for that.

Well i did try to get a facebook, but after a few hours it was much less of a fapbook and more faceplant on keyboard.

1. Too much junk "Person A has posted useless comment on Person B's wall".
2. Clogged up my mail before i could set it. 4 pages of "Person A has XXX".
3. Games on fb are very unaddicting to contrary belief. Too much grind on every game.
4. 75% of the time are useless, not funny , irrelevant pictures & photos.
5. Quizzes and so are just there for self-pride. As if anybody cares what I'll do in a zombie apocalypse.
6. Maybe because i'm unattached to human beings . . .

I don't have a FB account although all my friends and colleagues have one (if not more). my decision to stay away from FBis basically due to : 1- It's pretty useless for me, i can't find any interest in it or in talking with people that i meet almost every day.
2-the privacy policy sucks, they would use all the data they gathered on you without a second thought. 3-i prefer chat through mIRC and posting in forums in subjects that i prefer instead of talking about nonsense in FB.

hello guys. first off, there are countries with very strict rules that some restrict and some even block facebook out of the whole country. so yeah, they're a big chunk of people who do not have facebook. as for those living in free worlds, i dont see any reason for not having a facebook account. some would say they just dont like it. and that's what I dont get. Why? dont you guys wanna keep in touch with friends and family or even enemies? wouldn't it make you smile when you log into facebook and see a friend having the time of his / her life? and wouldn't it make you fall off your chair with laughter when you see a post from your arch enemy indicating they're having the worst time of their life? hehe

I don't have facebook and will never have one to be honest. I did the whole myspace thing when it first came about and I liked it but not for very long. I prefer forums and ircs for my social networking needs.

I really have no need for it as those I call friends and those who are my family I keep in touch with through several forms so I see no need to add yet another way of staying in touch with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: teo222
Hmmm I see most of you ppl dont like facebook, as for myself I like facebook cause Im an IMBA stalker just like Tessu i like to see the useless comment Person A told Persone B he will go to party tonight jajaja I laught a lot of that ppl. On the other side I have met a lot a girls because of facebook and Im a member of all the communitys of my country regarding the games I play like DotA, LoL, SCII in facebook. Not trying to defend facebook but sometimes is really usefull so if anyone of you ppl maybe open a facebook account heres my profile http://www.facebook.com/Erickdanielmartinez

Aye, I'm agreed with what S0br3siuxxx said.

Thanks to Facebooks, I've met some interesting local airsoft community - which are all running underground, coz airsoft is currently illegal here in my country.
Bought my 1st airsoft, M4A1, though Facebook as well.

Never thought this will be a topic. But anyways, many people here might not have one. But just saying, maybe if you are as interactive as us (me, S0br3siuxxx and anyone else who has facebook account) you may think that facebook can actually bring you around the world. (not literally but you get what i mean right?) Chat with people around the world. Just like this forum. Being said that, here's my page if you want to view. (Oh maybe you will see a LITTLE bit of me since i blocked most stuff). Facebook. And yes, I'm not defending Facebook at all. :D

I do NOT have FaceBook nor would I want it.

I do not want that garbage due to the problems it has, mainly kids being kids. If I want to chat with someone I would rather chat in a messenger like MSN, or go to a Forum where they are polite, and fun to be around. It seems a Forum is a bit more personal, and I prefer that. FaceBook should be removed from the net, along with others.

Just a opinion stated

I just send a friend request to you my name is Erick Martinez =P AKA.S0br3siuxxx, I just like to get to know other ppl :)

Thank you mate :D
why is airsoft ilegal in your country =O ???
Unfortunately, it became illegal under Malaysian Law, Section 32(1 to 3) Arms Act 1960 and Malaysian Law, Section 36 (1 to 3) Arms Act 1960.

Under the Firearms Act 1960.
Definition – Imitation Arm.

“Imitation Arm” means anything which has the appearance or is intended to give the impression of being an arm, whether it is capable of discharging any shot, bullet, missile, noxious liquid, gas or other thing, or not;

32. Penalty for use and possession of arms and imitation arms in certain cases.

(1)

(a) If any person makes or attempts to make any use whatsoever of an arm or imitation arm with intent to resist or prevent the lawful apprehension or detention of himself or any other person, he shall, on conviction, be liable to imprisonment for life or for a term not exceeding fourteen years.

(b) Where any person commits an offence under this subsection in respect of the lawful apprehension or detention of himself for any other offence committed by him, he shall be liable to the penalty provided by this subsection in addition to any penalty to which he may be sentenced for that other offence.

(2) If any person, at the time of his committing, or at the time of his apprehension for, any offence specified in the First Schedule has in his possession any arm or imitation arm, he shall, unless he shows that he had it in his possession for a lawful purpose, be liable, on conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years in addition to any penalty to which he may be sentenced for the offence specified in the said Schedule.

(3) If on the trial of any person for an offence under subsection (1) the court is not satisfied that the person is guilty of that offence, but is satisfied that he is guilty of an offence under subsection (2), the court may find him guilty of the offence under the said subsection (2), and thereupon he shall be liable to be punished accordingly.

36. Possession of and importation of imitation arms.

(1) Any person who shall import or have in his possession or custody an imitation arm shall, on conviction, be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to a fine not exceeding five thousand ringgit, or to both:
Provided that it shall not constitute an offence under this section -

(a) for a person under the age of fourteen years to possess an imitation arm; or

(b) for any person to import or be in possession of an imitation arm under and in accordance with a license, in such form as may be prescribed, issued by the Chief Police Officer of the State in which the person resides or, in the case of a person importing the arms in the ordinary course of business, in which he carries on business.

(2) It shall be lawful for a Magistrate upon the request in writing of a Chief Police Officer to order that any imitation arm be destroyed by the police, whether any person has been or could be convicted of any offence against this section or not; and no compensation shall be payable in respect of any destruction under this subsection.

(3) No prosecution under this section shall be commenced without the consent of the Public Prosecutor.

In other word, if you get caught possessing airsoft, there's a high possibility that you WILL go to jail.
If you very very lucky, you have to pay summons/find, which is not gonna be cheap, that's for sure.

If you illegally posses a real firearm, then it the gallows for you. It's a Mandatory Death Penalty here in Malaysia, same case if you possessing or selling illegal drug.

Thankfully we have official airsoft association, Malaysia Airsoft Association, trying to have airsoft legalized in Malaysia as a sport. Several cabinet minister have agreed with them. Now we just waiting(for several years already) for approval from the Ministry of Youth and Sport.

There are some very valid points on why people don't use Facebook, but my guess is due to the effect of digital divide or an social outcast.

I find Facebook extremely useful in certain situations. Instead of using it screw around like what it used to be used for, we now use it teach people who don't get certain parts of the syllabus or discuss homework. It's also a great place to get feedback for work.

I also use it to post latest updates on school's badminton team (such as announcing events).

First, i don't have a facebook account.
I just get the feeling i need to check it timely, where i don't really have time to spare....after trolling in a few forums.

Anyway, people that i know who doesn't have facebook, usually prefer to spend their time visiting each other, playings sports/having activities together and having chat directly.
No offense to facebook account holder, as i personally know outgoing people who just like facebook to spend some of their free time and to check on the status of friend staying far away.

So, in the end, it's just a matter of preference.

I have a facebook but I rarely use it. In fact, I think my account was pretty much extinct.

I have FB account because sometimes, it's necessary. I have many friends abroad and texting and calling is kinda expensive that's why we got in touch through social networking sites.

But I think some people dont bother having one because they dont think it benefits them. Or maybe they rather spend their time in other things than play and socialize!

I used to check my FB account almost everydays, when I 1st knew FB.
Now I just check it when my favourite illegal airsoft dealers post new items in their albums.

I don't have a Facebook account. Never did. Seems like a waste of time............

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sincy wrote on Shine's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/
chocorn wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,
This game update on March 26th
Can you please update it?