An interesting fact about this website

jeffreymgibson

Elite Member
May 2, 2012
Hi there, I having been reading visual novels for about 3 years now. Anime sharing (This website) has been my total resource for everything I know about visual novels and if it didn't exist, the hobby would be much harder to maintain. In my eyes, I have always thought about this site as the Sams Superstore of visual novels, anime, etc. for English speakers unable to navigate the web in Japan. So I was really surprised to find out that only 4% of the users on this website comes from the US.

According to Alexia, here are the locations of where the majority of visitors come from and what percentage from each.

Japan 86.3%
United States 4.2%
Indonesia 1.1%
Taiwan 1.0%
China 0.7%

Jeffrey

Japan 86.3%
United States 4.2%
Indonesia 1.1%
Taiwan 1.0%
China 0.7%
Hmm, from where did you this statistic collected...? Because the southeast-Asia members making more than 2,8% together (Around ~ 20-30%) - and even the people of America...0.o

If you put a domain into alexia like this

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/domainname#contactinfo

just replace domainname with the site you want to know about and it gives you a lot of information about it. I was just curious, I did it too some sites that I frequent. They show the dates were the info comes from and all and have all kinds of charts and other info as well. If it's not accurate, I would be curious to know. I checked out my poor pitiful blog on google blogger and it matched the internal statistics that blogger keeps pretty well.

There is nothing wrong with the stats.

Japanese people can read Japanese, and some English.
Japanese can't find the Japanese games they want on Japanese sites, so the next choice would be to get it on English sites.
Other SE Asian would go to websites in their native language.

Most games posted here will require understanding some Japanese, which is no different from browsing Japanese websites.
So it does not make sense to say people come here because they don't understand Japanese.

4% of user from USA is probably overrated too, as many people probably used VPN (typically USA have best speed) to access this site.

English-speaking people just come here for the downloads and go to Hongfire for serious discussion.

It might be tempting to assume that most English-speaking users come from the US, but that is simply not the case. Not anymore.

I'm from the United Kingdom. ;-; Someone recommended me this website in the comment section of a YouTube video, and so did Ayano.

I don`t remember how I got to this site or maybe I just have alzheimer's. I probably came here to request something I can't find anywhere and I am currently living in North-America if you want to know that.

So that probably explains why there are so many guests here yet others don't post anything (・ ・; )

Well, I am neither from China, Japan, Indonesia or even USA, I am just a normal person from an European country that happens to like otome games xDD I "landed" here because I searched a game and I wasn't able to find it until I saw a link towards this site. I thought since then that it's a very nice site and here I am....xD Btw, it's a very nice community here ^^ Pretty happy I discovered this site xD

I don't see Australia on those statistics.
Do aussies not like anime boards

and prefer to drink beer and eat snag sangas.... (sausage sandwiches).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Suziiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Could you please reup this on mexashare if you have it still? Thanks

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/100924-ローズクラウン-bloods~淫落の血族2~.23054/
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.
somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.