Discuss the impacts of this upcoming law in Japan in October

Impact...

With today's youths especially in America, it may cause some form of rebellion and of course petition. Although, this is Japan that is involved. I'm not quite sure if they would do that anyway.

The Japanese government might need to 'revamp their government officials' or at least try to listen to public opinion.

I agree about 1 and 3 being the most detrimental. Number 2 does not leave much of a heavy influence as the others, but it is still worth noting anyway.

Anything punishable by law is scary and can cause disbelief or aggregation in most cases.

I think for people in Japan, I am going to presume that based on general understanding, no one would give a shit UNTIL the shit hits the fan. Then again, it will depend on media coverage, which arguably is pro-establishment.

Quite true.

Most people would not care too much or proceed to action until after something has been done that may influence their lives for the worst.

Much propaganda could be used as well during such situations.

Quite true.

Most people would not care too much or proceed to action until after something has been done that may influence their lives for the worst.

Much propaganda could be used as well during such situations.

Yeah it is frightening, that is why I personally oppose institutionalised corruption with no fluidity or checks and balances in a given political/social structure, as it leads to entrenchment of such "values" until it becomes the status quo.

More important is whether people are apathetic or are active and aware.

You have very strong morals.

A place without fluidity would prove much to be left desired.

They maybe aware of the situation and choose to ignore.

Some might proceed to do as they please despite the law being passed. They'll live with it as if nothing has happened.

People's mindsets are influenced as you say by 'media coverage'.

Exactly, as I mentioned earlier, stupid laws can and will be broken. Just look at how many copyright issues that pop out nowadays. They would not have been an issue if content providers could change their mindsets and accept that the world has moved on. But no, they insist on the old model so that they can profit back and forth.

A thing to point out to Jap eroge producers: friends, you know, with the internet and digitization of content, it is extremely silly to still put them or market them as country specific. And besides, the themes inside are something that everyone all around the world can appreciate, even if they do not like it. But I guess politics have a huge say on this, which sometimes befuddles me on how people's thinking can be so backward when most of the world is essentially past such a stage.

And a personal attack to Hollywood in general, if you guys are complaining about piracy, blame it on the fact that 90% of your shows have pathetic plotlines that under most given circumstances, I wouldnt even touch them with a 6 foot long pole. And I cant even be half assed to copy them off the net since that would ruin my intelligence quotient, lol.

Sorry for the long post, just decided to say what came across my mind.

Find a loop hole and continually say it was unintentional xD

Hmm same argument of the fact that pirated materials is better in terms of advertisement then all that money they pour into it...

It is no problem Darklitearch for the long post.

Anything worth of discussion should be read and tried to be understood.

And so shall the 'pirates' continue afterwards if such a thing occurred in October?

Although it feels unnerving for some to sit and wait... while seeing what may come.

I wonder when the silent ones~

Living in the land of suns~

Will rise and say enough~

Down with this deceitful stuff~

I wonder when the silent ones~

Living in the land of suns~

Will rise and say enough~

Down with this deceitful stuff~

Your poem may come across as a way to be understood better by those who wish to not partake in actions of overthrowing the government... but instead find a means to rise and do what is necessary.

Hmm rise and do whats necessary... do everything short of overthrowing the government? xD

Find a loop hole and continually say it was unintentional xD

Hmm same argument of the fact that pirated materials is better in terms of advertisement then all that money they pour into it...

In fact, I would agree with you, although I would be cautious in stretching that argument too far, because if piracy was taken to the extreme (i.e allowing others to PROFIT from the artists' work) then it would essentially destroy the incentive to create.

But as it stands, the reason why people or the majority pirates, are due to (i) the content is not available locally; (ii) way too expensive (either due to the flawed model of marketing presently, or due to imports) and the more recent reason, (iii) DRM. I view 1 and 2 to be the most important factors in why piracy is at the stage where it is presently, and if they addressed such concerns, so called piracy would drop through the roof since the incentive to pirate would be so much less. And I think deep down, everyone wants to reward people for good content, not shitty content (how much to compensate is of course another topic). I myself despise people who shamelessly rip off people's work, and then profit from them by claiming it as their own, with not even a mention or credit to the original artist.

In relation to the point about crappy products, in this respect, piracy (as it stands) is in fact one of the best way of QC of a company, since then we would know roughly whether that company has potential and worth our time to pay for or is full of shit. Case in point : Most Hollywood movies. Hollywood to my mind is undoubtedly the worst offender on the planet in relation to giving out bad quality products under the guise of it being good (through massive marketing), but requiring us to pay through our nose first only for us to realise we got a dud.

Hmm read it somewhere online... forgot where and i probably wont be able to find it atm xD

Hi, thanks for sharing (○・▽・○)

Yep the law has passed earlier this week, will be in effect in October, I will try to find the news article in Japanese, I'll let you know when I do!
It's ridiculous, once a resident or citizen in Japan knowingly watches content that he/she knows the uploader does not hold the rights to (e.g. the millions of YouTube videos), assuming no other charges has been put on him/her, he/she can receive a jail sentence of up to 2 years. It kind of frightens me because authorities in Japan are pretty damn ruthless, prosecutors can use it against anybody. It can be proof for having commited a crime, so basically you can't win

However I don't think it's something to panic about, stupid stuff happens every day in the Diet Building, I mean seriously someone just brought up the bill the other day and it just went straight through no problem.

sk_copyright.jpg

(Passed by the majority)

Also I don't think the government will spend so much time and money to go and chase down everyone, because let's face it, everyone watches videos that people know whoever uploaded it has no rights to it. Then again, of course YouTube may be in trouble.

Lawyers are going ballistic right now about this, but for now it can't be helped.. We'll just wait and see what happens

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1206/20/news090.html
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1206/20/news015.html

Last edited:
This is Disappointing. I had friends stationed at Japan (in the Navy) and they usually depend on Youtube to find entertainment. I remember we kept sending each other links to watch together, good times. And i can't image how this will affect the U.S. Navy Base in Japan .____.

Almost no way around this...

The 'Dark Ages' of the internet. Probably not, but much hatred is currently presented.

Hard to ignore. Clearly messed-up I suppose.

Yo, can I take a break from all these copyright sh*tships that's been happening all over in 2012?

I'm freaking tired of this, even if it's from Japan and only applies to Japanese people. This is even more inhumane than SOPA and PIPA for some extent...

...I mean, backing up your copyright-protected data would then be considered illegal? Seriously?

Should we get another Commodore Perry again, just so that they take back the law?
It asound like the Japanese government try to shut the country from the rest of the world.

Some artist use Youtube to help promoted them. By doing this, the low budget artist wouldn't be able to show their talent.
Though there are some so-called artists just not deserve to be promoted at all. Hell, they should be ban from Youtube at all, like those 2 kids with the same initial - J.B. Lemme know if you think you know who they are.

http://torrentfreak.com/jail-for-file-sharing-not-enough-labels-want-isp-level-spying-regime-120624/

Flabbergasted. Absolutely. This is clearly descending to "1984" Orwellian territory.
I read this part:
The system is being promoted as a benefit to ISPs, in the sense that once installed (and licensed at a cost of around $600 per month) they can potentially avoid being held liable for copyright infringements carried out by their customers.
and what crossed my mind was, we didn't hear something like this to happen to car manufacturers(or any other companies), when their customer use their car to commit crime. So why only ISP would get trouble for what their customer do?

Last edited:
^Agreed with your opinion. The carrier should not be held liable for the individuals action. It's like saying, if two guys talk about a crime over the phone or the internet. Was it the ISP or phone company fault for the two guys talking about crime with the usage of their resources, provided they paid for it? No. It is that simple. For me at least.

This bill mentioned is vague and open ended. The problem is, if it true, hell could or can break loose if used in a corrupt manner from the big boys to bullying tactics of framing someone then accusing the said person for it. It could be done vice-versa but honestly, we don't get to hear the good news often enough to know it. Sadly, this could potential stifle home-starters to take an elitist path, do an audition, get signed up, etc.

With that said, I can't read Japanese fluently to scrutinize the details, so this is speculation of my initial thoughts if it is actually what it is mentioned on the site.

Hmm.... seems theyre making excuses randomly now... :x I hope the US would stop trying to shove random crappy similar laws through despite the people being against it =.= We should go sue those bastards for wasting valuable time and money that the government couldve directed towards other efforts like giving people a decent education instead of deciding to not fund the next school year at all saying theyre poor or some crap...

Hmm.... seems theyre making excuses randomly now... :x I hope the US would stop trying to shove random crappy similar laws through despite the people being against it =.= We should go sue those bastards for wasting valuable time and money that the government couldve directed towards other efforts like giving people a decent education instead of deciding to not fund the next school year at all saying theyre poor or some crap...

Exactly, there are so many other problems that are far more pressing than lining up the pockets of executives who already earn too much to begin with...........

To me, the greater problem of the monopolisation of valuable resources by a few vested interests which runs contrary to the whole idea of the free market, contrary to what these guys say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.