persona 3 or 4? which one do you like better ?

acama12

Apr 25, 2013
I just bought both, and iv been playing thru both of them ... Now I have alot of friends that prefer 3 more then 4 because they like how much more darker the story is and the overall setting of the game , but to me I like 4 style and the overall story . And Rise <------ she completed the game for me XD , now I don't know much about the 3rd yet since I only got 1 hour into it , but what do u guys think of the games and what one do u like more , no spoiler plz XD

Persona 4... with japanese Voice english subs... GG
but the ending is very suck. i dont like it

protagonist just go back.... and no ending like with who he going out with... i dont like that kind of ending...

protagonist just go back.... and no ending like with who he going out with... i dont like that kind of ending...

You need to aim for the true ending. One misstep and you will miss it, maybe not one but you get the idea. If you think attaining the true ending is a hassle you can watch the BD release of Persona 4 the animation. They animated the true ending, BD exclusive so people who only watch the TV version need to buy the BD to watch the true ending.

I play both too, I even play the Persona 3 FES with extra character. Personally I like P4 better than P3, darkness and edgy isn't my personality. P4 is much more cheerful, light and colorful.

yea.. i already got the true end... but still... its not very different.. i mean i want like u can choose the ending going with rise or anything... beside just go back.. and have the photoes... >,<

hmm....persona 3 for the story and music...persona 4 for the gameplay....

but i like them both though=/

I like them both. I have beaten Persona 3 fully, but have never finished Persona 4.

One is not necessarily better than the other (otherwise I'd say P4 is better than P3), but I prefer Persona 3 over 4. :goodtea:

well as for me , i prefer persona 3(JAPAN). instead of persona 4

The Reason are :

-The Main Protagonist was using pistol while Persona 4 must using glasses and able to see their persona which is disappointing me

-During Dialog in some events,Persona 3 have more choices rather than Persona 4

-The game system in persona 3 is rather simple , while persona 4 is little bit tricky

-The free activity schedule and access location is wider in persona 3 , while persona 4 is narrowed

-The story and ending in Persona 3 is truly indeed magnificent, from my point of view , the main character lived and fulfill both of his duty and destiny/prophecy until he died . I can refer him as saint or prophet since he sacrifice his sleep time to get stronger any time , reaching the top floor of Tataros,experiencing the gravity blast by Nyx , Fighting the Moon (Nyx).

while persona 4 is rather disappointing that the character need to watch the tv to see who will the next victim murder will be at night ,making money through part time job ( too much wasting time doing part time job),less check points (how the hell do you think that the main character will last long) inside the tv dungeons even during events . even there is the event where the persona 4 Highschool decided to a having field trip visiting to persona 3 Highschool ,they just only see one stupid girl with glasses as a guide and while the ending rather just transferring plus saying good bye to friends.The End

Thats why persona 3 is better.

sorry a little bit spoiler .

Persona 3 is the best. The story is just amazing, the characters with their own personalities, twists and surprises They just give the game a high replay ability.

Personally I like Persona 3 better since it had more Character Development and that if you're good with undubbing here and there, you can actually find the story much better than you expected. Especially how that you can also carry over your items makes it easier for other runs as well.

Persona 4 to me wasn't too great since it kind of easy for me and even with new addition of allowing you control each of the characters actions, I found it too boring and easy. Comparing to Persona 3 FES, you can only control your character actions but the other team mates can only be given an order and they're act based on it rather than what you're exactly thinking of in Persona 4.

Oh, the music in Persona 3 (and FES) to me is better. I have the albums stashed in my room somewhere and it just sounds much better.

Hm, this one's a toughy. I never cleared either, actually, though I do own Persona 4 and got pre-tty far. I know about the ends and story and whatnot too, but still... They're both really good and amazing in their own areas. I do like the darker feel of persona 3 that makes it really edgy, but the overall character and story direction I think is actually pretty even. So, I really don't think I could say one is better than the other.

I Like Persona 4 more than Persona 3 despite it's crappy plot and boring villains

I like Persona 4 better, it just seemed a lot more polished then Persona 3. But I love Aigis from Persona 3.

I prefer Persona 3 BY A LONG SHOT. P4 is not anywhere close. P4 for me is a good game while P3 is godlike.
The story/setting/characters just felt much better to me in P3. The only characters I actually "liked" in P4 were Brosuke and Nanako (and Teddie) while i liked the whole cast of P3. And story-wise P4 is okay-ish at best. :/

I love persona 3 more, play Persona 3, Persona 3 Fes, and Persona 3 Portable (as Female MC)~
Maybe I'm biased over Akihiko as my favorite bishie *sorry

I like P4 way more than P3 and consider Persona 4 Golden best game ever made. i just don't like p3 emo atmosphere and ending sucks too.

Definitely Persona 4. Aside from the obvious gameplay enhancements in P4, Persona 3 was trying too hard to be emo for my taste, the protragonist even looks like one, i could never identify with him, and since he's supposed to represent me that's no good. The P4 Protagonist seems much more grounded and mature. I also didn't like the cast as much in Persona 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi I looking for axl vocal collection cd for a long time. would you reupload these 3 files?
tekitonine wrote on Shine's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.