anna500

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2011
I looking to for some visual novels, doesn't matter what they are Otome, Bishoujo, Yaoi, Yuri, Eroge, etc. send them my way! I want to know what VN's everyone loves and thinks I should play!

I looking to for some visual novels, doesn't matter what they are Otome, Bishoujo, Yaoi, Yuri, Eroge, etc. send them my way! I want to know what VN's everyone loves and thinks I should play!

this is old but
Some recommendations on various visual novel I've played:

1. ヨスガノソラ

2. 彼女と俺と恋人と

3. 少女と年の差、ふたまわり

4. 竜騎士Bloody†Saga

5. 仄暗き時の果てより

6. 新妻LOVELY×CATION

7. 千恋*万花

8. アオイトリ

9. アマツツミ

10. ずっとすきしてたくさんすきして

been busy lately so for the i cant say about the newer releases

It depends a little on what are you looking for at the time, but here some story focused VN that I recommend that are translated:

Utawarerumono (is a mix of VN and turn based strategy game, it has a unique setting, captivating characters and mysteries that keep you interested in the story.
G-senjou no Maou (nice contemporary setting, focus on crime and detective work, gets you intrigued by a cat-mouse pursuit, has a witty protagonist and main heroine, some nice action parts)
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo (very creative and unique story, I highly recommend if you are searching for something different. It is about a country that treat "criminals" in a very different way and the protagonist is in training to be someone that supervise these criminals. Has nice twists and final act.
Saya no Uta (short and sweet lovecraftian horror story, it can get a bit dark and violent at some points)
Planetarian (short and emotional dystopian story, good read if you are a sensible person or like post-apocalyptic scenarios)
Steins;Gate
Remember11

There are others VN that I would recommend, but I tried to focus on some that I think are compelling and easy to digest. I also have read many of other popular visual novels that maybe you would like, but I found them hard to recommend, because it depends more on your tastes, tolerance to some themes, the quality varies a lot at some points or are slow burning, in my opinion.

this is old but
Some recommendations on various visual novel I've played:

1. ヨスガノソラ

2. 彼女と俺と恋人と

3. 少女と年の差、ふたまわり

4. 竜騎士Bloody†Saga

5. 仄暗き時の果てより

6. 新妻LOVELY×CATION

7. 千恋*万花

8. アオイトリ

9. アマツツミ

10. ずっとすきしてたくさんすきして

been busy lately so for the i cant say about the newer releases

ヨスガノソラ is the only one I have heard of. They all look soooo good! Thanks for the recommendations!!

It depends a little on what are you looking for at the time, but here some story focused VN that I recommend that are translated:

Utawarerumono (is a mix of VN and turn based strategy game, it has a unique setting, captivating characters and mysteries that keep you interested in the story.
G-senjou no Maou (nice contemporary setting, focus on crime and detective work, gets you intrigued by a cat-mouse pursuit, has a witty protagonist and main heroine, some nice action parts)
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo (very creative and unique story, I highly recommend if you are searching for something different. It is about a country that treat "criminals" in a very different way and the protagonist is in training to be someone that supervise these criminals. Has nice twists and final act.
Saya no Uta (short and sweet lovecraftian horror story, it can get a bit dark and violent at some points)
Planetarian (short and emotional dystopian story, good read if you are a sensible person or like post-apocalyptic scenarios)
Steins;Gate
Remember11

There are others VN that I would recommend, but I tried to focus on some that I think are compelling and easy to digest. I also have read many of other popular visual novels that maybe you would like, but I found them hard to recommend, because it depends more on your tastes, tolerance to some themes, the quality varies a lot at some points or are slow burning, in my opinion.

I'm really open when it comes to most things, VN's included lol, and thank you for your thoughtful considerations! I can get threw non-translated vn's as long as they have voice acting lol but it can get rough sometimes.

I absolutely love Utawarerumono! Loved the Anime and bought the PS4 games! played a little of Saya no Uta and Steins;Gate a loooong time ago.

I'm really attracted to VN's with unique stories, characters, or ideas! I also love ones that are SLG/RPG driven, Real Rode, Rance series, Dear My Sun, etc. I have pretty high tollerance for things that are triggers for other people, the only things that I don't like to play that often are games that have a weak aimless story with no good characters.

Thank you for the recommendations! If you think of anymore I'd be more then glad to hear them!

i recently finished playing Hashihime of the Old Book Town.. its so PERFECT :(
after this game, i felt a void inside... there are 4 routes and a true ending, but i mostly like Minakami and Kawase route.
(You need to clear one route, to open the another one.) there arent much choices, its just a visual novel xdd (BL)
Just... its so amazing the story and all, even though there were a lot of repeated conversations lol

Have you heard of ChäoS;HEAd? I also recommend AIR, Mahoutsukai no Yoru, H2O and Snow.

I can recommend two of my all-time favorites:

WHITE ALBUM 2. Probably have one of the most nuanced take on adult romance in Japanese VNs. The first game is not a necessity.

The Muv-Luv series. Beginning with Extra Arc and Unlimited Arc of the first game, followed by the critically-acclaimed sequel Alternative. Right now, everyone's waiting for the next installation, Integrate, with bated breath. Those are the core stories.
Again, the rest of the games are supplementary stories, if you're a completionist like I am.

Dunno if they're translated or not. If you speak no Japanese, try to look for the uncut ones (R18 ver), because I strongly condemn censorship. Have fun.

I love visual novels, they are such a great way to immerse yourself in a story and get to know the characters. Some of my favorites are:

- The House in Fata Morgana: A beautiful and haunting visual novel that explores the history of a cursed mansion and its inhabitants. The art, music, and writing are all amazing, and the story will keep you hooked until the end. It has multiple endings and a lot of twists and turns.
- Florence: A short but sweet visual novel that tells the story of a young woman's romance with a cello player. It's very realistic and relatable, and it uses gameplay mechanics to convey the emotions of the characters. It's a very charming and touching game.
- Analogue: A Hate Story: A sci-fi visual novel that involves investigating a derelict spaceship and uncovering the secrets of its crew. You interact with two AIs who have different perspectives and personalities, and you can choose to romance them or not. It's a very engaging and thought-provoking game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks