Is The 'Dead Or Alive' Series Still Worth Playing?

• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

필리핀 사람

전 동남 아시아의 유산이다
Jun 1, 2012
The first "true" DOA game in years, not including the 2 Xtreme games...which were just eye candy and nothing else. I've seen pictures of it recently, but ironically I've not really heard much people on the internet talking about it. Why? I personally have not played a DOA game since DOA 2 which I think was the best in the series.

What are people's views on it?

I would want to hear opinions too in fact.
Been pestered by a friend to pre-order the game to play with him when it releases, I have no clue with the background of the game nor the plot.

So would wanna hear comments. :)

Whoa, DOA 5!? I'm so psyched :runhappy:

I loved the DOA series. I've played DOA 2 and DOA 3 on the Xbox.
Liked these games ever since.

I think the reason why people don't talk much about it because there are other fighting games that are way more popular. Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter is exception. So..DOA is kinda underrated imo.
I do hope that the DOA 5 will be available for the PS3.. I missed DOA 4 since it was exclusive to the Xbox.

Dead or Alive 5 is for PS3 also, and I'm thinking of buying the game since I didn't get a chance to play it on the original Xbox.

Last DOA game I played was DOA Beach Volleyball~ :nosebleed:

I've never played the Volleyball one, am I missing 'big' stuff? :3

And omg, YES finally for the PS3 too. I'm soo buying this game >_>

Lets say the game required a certain degree of skill, and was fun. Very ecchi. Didn't even know the term ecchi back when I played~ Ah youth~

DoA5 should be interesting. I haven't played any DoA games since DoA2. Let's just say that I'll be using Kasumi and Hayabusa a lot.

My favorite/best character as always been Kasumi <3 But I'm pretty good with Hitomi and Helena too.
Heck, I'm better with most of the female characters than the males =/

Hope they add online features to DOA 5 :o

doa5 will my entry to the series. looks really fun. hi5 unown, lets powerhit people into walls with our waifus

I would suggest starting off with the past games, but if you would like to play DoA5 first, then be my guest.

Well..that's the thing about DOA, It's not a necessity that you've had to play the previous game imo.
You can just start with this one and you'll get used to it :o

But there's something about the previous games, which make it more enjoyable than the video games nowadays.

Just wish the release date wasn't so late. Wanted to have a new fighting game to play during the summer ;_;

But there's something about the previous games, which make it more enjoyable than the video games nowadays.
nostalgia.... :runaway:

Also, am I the only vf fan here? D: AhGwee come join me. I should make a thread here so I can rage more :3

Virtua Fighter? I'm not really a fan of Virtua Fighter, but I have Virtua Fighter 4.

Hmm...my only character I would use in DoA was Hyabusa.

I may look into getting DoA 5, since I was told there isn't going to be any "volleyball" scenes in it.

DoA5 looks really solid and i'm really looking foward to it. I love the DoA series.
They seem to have focused less in the fan service and foucsed more in the gameplay in 5 btw. (the fanservice still there but seems to be less than the other games)

Maybe Or Maybe Not,I'm Not All That Happy With What Yosuke Hayashi Is Doing To DOA And Ninja Gaiden,I Prefer Tomonobu Itagaki's Awesome Graphics And Artwork.

never played DoA..a bit VF, though. Its better than Tekken :D

but i prefer MvC, GG, BlazBlue~

Anyone remember Bloody Roar? THAT was an awesome game :D

Ah..Bloody Roar.. Brings back some memories.. o.o

But still prefer DOA over Bloody Roar :3

From what I've read on the internet, there will be some "guest" characters from other series..Akira and Sarah from Virtua Fighter will appear. I wonder why this is being done, it would be a first for the DOA series. Are any new characters being introduced? Or is it just the usual characters back for the first real DOA game in years?

About the guest characters, there are tons of companies using guest characters nowadays, such as Sonic the Hedgehog and Snake for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Kratos and Freddie Krueger for Mortal Kombat, etc. So it's reasonable that Team Ninja wanted to try something new for a change.

About the new characters, there may be some new characters. Not much information has been released yet, so we cannot know for sure if there are going to be new characters or not, but there most likely will be new characters, aside from the guest characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/