Visual Novel Reader questions

hllh

Sep 5, 2013
Hi, I'm rather new to the scene and was wondering what are some of the best practices with VNR? Best machine translation services...etc Thanks!

My short answer? Don't use it.

My long answer?
Get rid of it. Download two programs: ITH and Translation Aggregator.
Aaeru (the one promoting VNR) pretty much combined these programs and passed it off as her own.
She is also batshit insane.
There are guides on how to use these two programs all over the internet.

With VNR, you need to make sure that you have your own machine translators. I have both ATLAS and LEC on my computer to help. If you're lucky, you'll be playing a game that other users will have started to translate, so you'll also get user translations on top of web and machine ones. If you have some questions, I'll try my best to help.

Aaeru isn't the one who wrote VNR and doesn't claim that she did. VNR was written by someone else who i've actually spoken with via email on some things, who has little or nothing to do with Aaeru and i don't think is even involved in fuwanovel.

that being said, TA & ITH are a perfectly usable alternative to VNR, although they lack a number of the features. i'd recommend getting all three programs and trying them out, VNR has serious problems with mistranslations (being cloud based, it suffers from the google apps issue, which is to say that its open to editing by complete fucking idiots who screw up the most basic things i.e. うん was, for the last six months, translated as "yes love" regardless of context) but is slightly better at contextual recognition than TA ever will be, since TA simply uses google & other machine translation services, which seem to have plateaued on their ability to learn language a few years ago. if you go with the TA/ITH solution, you'll also want to get the devOSD transparent overlay program as well, which has come a long way since the early days.

つ has been translated as 'boobs' since last summer, within VNR. cloud-based translation is a good idea, but frankly it needs editors for much the same reason that wikipedia does.

つ has been translated as 'boobs' since last summer, within VNR. cloud-based translation is a good idea, but frankly it needs editors for much the same reason that wikipedia does.

You can fix such issues yourself or disabled the cloud-based translations completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.
somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.