Problems with Visual Novel Reader Cloud

freeform

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2011
It appears as if someone who doesn't know japanese has uploaded a large number of phrase translations to the VNR cloud server, so that normal japanese words/phrases show up with sexual references which render them incomprehensible in otherwise basic character conversation. These incorrect translations render the most basic character interactions bizarrely incorrect, and therefore make it impossible to actually use VNR to interpret games. Google translate is, at this point, wholly superior to the VNR cloud-based translation.

At best, my only option is to revert to Translation Aggregator, because without some sort of editing akin to wikipedia there is no way to prevent some idiot who does not know any japanese to upload interpretations of common phrases/sounds which are wildly incorrect.

Is there any way to resolve this problem? It was difficult when it first started about two or three months ago, but in the last few days it appears to have gotten so bad as to render the VNR translation incomprehensible, and therefore useless.

freeform I think the only way to undo this is to contact the person who are responsible for the cloud reader.

Then, I still honestly think you should stick to Translation aggregator with Mecab and JParser enabled, so you can start learning Japanese little by little.

I'm sure after 12-15 games, you will have a decent vocabulary and grammar to start with, if you have enough patience.

I agree with checkmate.
I also think aaeru (the person in charge of VNR) is batshit insane, and I don't agree with her views.

freeform I think the only way to undo this is to contact the person who are responsible for the cloud reader.

Then, I still honestly think you should stick to Translation aggregator with Mecab and JParser enabled, so you can start learning Japanese little by little.

I'm sure after 12-15 games, you will have a decent vocabulary and grammar to start with, if you have enough patience.

I'd hoped to get some feedback from other people who use VNR who might read these forums, but otherwise you're completely right. I'll bother aaeru with my concerns. thing is, i've played enough games to comprehend the meaning of spoken japanese in a game, but when it comes to the non-voiced protag (not to mention the pun-ish slang) there's really no way for a more casual vn/eroge player to pick up on the actual meaning of the words floating around aside from the clues provided by a translation program in combination with an understanding of context with regards to language.

VNR could be a great tool for that, but it's not, and if nobody else who is using VNR wants to talk about the problems with it, then if you could go ahead and close the thread & toss it to the trash bin that would be great.

I agree with checkmate.
I also think aaeru (the person in charge of VNR) is batshit insane, and I don't agree with her views.
Aaeru is not incharge of VNR, she just helps promote the tool. Jiichi is the developer and he's nice and patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks