Which Key visual novel games do you prefer?

Which visual novels listed do you prefer?

• Kanon

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Air

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Clannad

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Little Busters!

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Little Busters! Ecstasy

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Kud Wafter

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • RewriteRewrite

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
Honestly I'd say Little Busters but it's a rather wholly different genre than what Key is more known for (nakige).
So it's a close tie between Clannad and Tomoyo After for me. As a whole game Clannad is definitely more complete but the ending of Tomoyo After struck me speechless.

I would say rewrite.
It is very different to all the other key VN, and really hard to understand.
But it has a very deep meaning.

Clannad is my choice. And Tomoyo is my favorite char :x Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life is great, but I think compare to whole Clannad, I still chose Clannad.

I just notice that I made a mistake in the poll option, I done Rewrite twice (as RewriteRewrite) but never mind that, it's still the same game in this topic.
As for me, I like Little Busters!

its close tie for Clannad , Tomoyo After , and Little Buster , i love them equally , but if i want to choose , i pick Clannad as my 1st favorite , just speechless how the story develop , and i love multiple ending :XD:

No love for AIR it seems, which is a shame, but maybe I'm a sucker for that kind of setting. Also Planetarian <3, not having played Rewrite, is one of their more outlandish feeling games in my opinion.

I think Clannad is the best of Key's VNs, although someone might not like it for its length.
Well, talk about length, Planetarian is pretty good too and it's a short novel XD

No love for AIR it seems, which is a shame, but maybe I'm a sucker for that kind of setting.
To me games like AIR and Kanon are more what shaped Key as a company rather than their best titles. They were ground breaking for their time but didn't have the luxury of being developed with much more budget so unfortunately fell short in overall quality compared to the newer games on the list.

I love all of their games but, if I have to choose a favorite it would be Little Busters. *sucker for friendship themed stories*

i goes for Kanon, if you guys wondering why... i could never forget the feeling when i played the game for the 1st time!

Clannad was my first, and probably favorite key game. Although tomoyo after surprised me quite a bit.

For me Key games are better taken as the parts is greater than the whole. Take Rewrite, the heroines routes were terrible, but akane moon terra routes made up for it. For LB, non LB/common routes were terrible, etc, etc.

Damn I haven't played any of them although I did see the Clannad anime
And Kanon just didn't look good in terms of the CG's
Either that or the images put up by vndb.org were hoerrible

*sigh* It's hard to find a good visual novel that meets your expectations when your first ones were Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime

I love all their games but I only voted the ones I have played. At 100% completion rating, or at least close to it. Loved most of their characters they made for the series.

I don't think Key ever had a bad game. I can understand if people said they liked all of it.

Of course, I liked the anime they made too.
I would recommend these 3 to a friend if they are looking for new ones to read.
Clannad, Rewrite, Little Busters.
They're fun to play.
There are plenty of comedies in the story too.

Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~

It was the first one I read. Nice and bittersweet~

Not anything ground-breaking like their other works, but a good way to start to see how the company works.

Tomoyo Ever After was just downright depressing. It did very little to provide the same array of emotions and evoke them like Clannad/Afterstory or Kanon.

Clannad Afterstory was amazing, as was Kanon and Air (albeit Air was somewhat hard to grasp compared to the other two).

Little Busters! is an obviously popular one too considering the story and art, but I feel that Planetarian gets very little credit

And Kanon just didn't look good in terms of the CG's

Consider the fact that it was made in 1999.

Last edited:
I haven't played any of Key's VN yet, but I've always wanted them to make Angel Beats into a VN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/