Regarding Anime-Sharing Lossless Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignis

Administrator
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
The master distro server of Anime-Sharing Lossless (ASL) is currently inaccessible as the hosting company is getting entangled in a giant mess that’s likely to end with blood. (I won’t say the name, but it’s currently quite a hot topic with many clients fuming over the issue, so I reckon it’s not hard to guess.)

Until we can recover our server and/or allocate a new one for distro purposes, ASL won’t be releasing anything new.

We may not be able to deal with issues such as missing or corrupt files on XDCC bots either. Additionally, we can’t seed torrents. I sure hope our torrents out there — at least the newer ones — had gotten enough seeders by the time our distro server went down.

The bots, however, are on a separate server. You should be able to continue using our XDCC service unhindered.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, we’ll take the liberty of treating ourselves to a few days of idling by. We’ll keep you informed and update the announcement accordingly.

– ASL staff

I just want to clarify that the removal of ASL banner has been planned for months. We are not closing down the ASL. This is pure coincidence.

We can't promise when we are back but we are doing everything we can to get back ASAP, hopefully, within a week or a week and a half. We have master backup servers else where but recovery and server re-provision gonna take time.

Now if for any reason our provider come back to life, ASL operation will be restored sooner. We didn't commission a bunch of scammers to run our infrastructure. They are reputable provider since 2007 and we have been using them since 2010. I don't know why, nobody know.

Update:

We were able to recover our data and will now continue operating from a temporary server until we get our new one ready.

From an end-user's point of view, nothing will change except that torrents may be seeded for shorter periods of time (keep seeding in our stead folks!).

The ASL now assume normal operation but with reduced seeding capability until we deploy our new server to our new datacenter. It has been 2 years since we did any major change to the ASL's server (since 2011). So now it's a good chance for us to upgrade our equipment.

For end-user, new infrastructure will allow ASL to seed at full 1Gbps capacity. However it is unlikely for you to feel any different at all.

For ASL members, new servers will allow them to release the works faster (by making use of latest Intel's Xeon Generation) and have more expendable space to work with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/
chocorn wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,
This game update on March 26th
Can you please update it?