Hosts and dead links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
All my threads are online again - that's 10.33TB in almost 2000 threads, thank you very much.
If you got here from a thread in the Graveyard section of the forum, just use the Index (in my signature) to find a working alternative for it. ^^

So, Fileserve just deleted my account - meaning all my files are gone. Not really surprising, after they already removed their affiliate program without warning or paying anyone.
Anyway, the same company that owns Fileserve also owns Uploadstation and Filejungle. Apart from their suicidal actions on the main account, they also deleted a couple thousand links without notifying me. Not to mention that they put a new hash-based block in place, which makes it impossible to replace those files.

By now you're probably wondering what that means - well, it means I have around 1700 threads to fix with new links. As you might be able to guess, this will take some time. What I'm going to do is drop Filejungle next week (when the hosting situation becomes clear enough to find an alternative) and then go through the uploads chronologically by anime publishing date. I will proceed with the restoration as I populate the backup server. This means it will probably start in mid-February and end a month or two later. The only exception to this are the half-dozen or so threads where I already promised people to fix things.
All new PMs, posts, VMs, etc. about dead files will be ignored until I'm done.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but with a blow like this it takes time to recover.

Update 1: Filesonic also dropped. I feel like quitting right now.

Update 2: Uploadstation and Filejungle are also goners. Right now only Filepost is still alive, allowing a mere fraction of content to be still accessed. Newer content will be continued to be added in a somewhat random manner and on random hosts, but it's better than nothing.

Update 3: Currently repairing the ongoing series. A-P are done.

Update 4: Ongoing TV series are completely repaired. Around 200 threads are fully online again.

Update 5: Over a thousand threads online. Around two-hundred fifty to go.

Update 6: 136 threads to go.

I'd also like to take this time to remember people about a few things:
  • We are here to stay. While the current situation puts a lot of strain on us, things should get better soon.
  • Archive restoration is in progress. With multiple terabyte to upload and hosts being less than stable this is taking longer than expected.
  • Our current model (pay for servers via cyberlocker proceeds) is likely to be continued, though we'll have to see how the whole situation plays out first.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Corocoro. But I guess that's how the ball bounces.

Well, may speed be with you.

It is unfortunate that the links are removed. I'm glad you fix these links. but why are you uploading them on to the Filejungle if the servers belongs to the same company then they remove the links again.

It is unfortunate that the links are removed. I'm glad you fix these links. but why are you uploading them on to the Filejungle if the servers belongs to the same company then they remove the links again.
Filejungle will be replaced in a week's time. It's not practical for me to do so now, as there's too many changes in the hosting world happening at the moment.
Or put differently: If I change hosts now, I might have to change again in a week.

is it b'cuz of SOPA? or what?
I sense a disturbance in the Net. My guess is that they tried to avoid any unwanted SOPA attention.

BTW, coro, sorry to hear what happened to you. Don't ya worry, mate. I'm sure nobody blame ya for what happening.

so sorry to hear your lost, coro...
well the same thing also happened to me though!

Poor coro...

You worked so hard for those... This is so injust. :ordercourt:

What happened to Fileserve ?

Does anyone knows what's happened to Fileserve ?
Seems like everybody now stop posting a link on Fileserve ?
Is there any relation with Megaupload being shutdown ?

Re: What happened to Fileserve ?

It could be. Had an earlier conversation about this. Seems like they are mass deleting files to save there own ass. If it was your company, you would do everything possible to save it right? haha

those guys in filehosting business has gone nuts and started hiding their asses ... not a bad move considering what happen to MU.....
but, it's so annoying... i stumble upon dead links too much now [more like.. every site i visited?]
i can't imagine what'll happen next

[filejungle's teasing me... since yesterday i got dl speed of 20kB/s, good thing there's those mirrors around]

Last edited:
sorry for the inconvenience.... You sir... work way to hard for this and shouldn't be sorry ^_^
We should be grateful that you even do this haha. If i could help i would :x

I just want to let you know that a lot of people are really grateful for your hard work. Thank you very much.

Oh, and also Happy Chinese New Year if you celebrate it.

From Filesonic.com :

" All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager. "

Seems they've started doing this stuff with the deleting data also.

On FSN my files are still up, and I didn't get my acc deleted, however I myself will give up from uploading until it all works out.
Sad thing I started above a week ago and was near 15$ to get my first "cookie pocket cash". Seems that all went to shit.

Last edited:
We're all supporting you, corocoro GANBARRE!!! :)
I'm barely surviving dling anime through torrents... although most torrents for old-ish animes (like pre-2009 T_T) are pretty much seedless, such sad times :(

~ * Raellu * ~

From Filesonic.com :

" All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager. "

Seems they've started doing this stuff with the deleting data also.

Yeah. Just got the news. Really bad. Then, which of filesharing site should we use? How did you guys think about filepost?

Someone said that:

Uploadstation, Filejungle = Fileserve's child project
Wupload = Filesonic's child project
Source: http://www.wjunction.com/102-file-host-discussion/108093-filejungle-yet-another-site-fileserve-3.htm

So all of them probably out of question.

It's hard to say really =/ Im not a big torrent kind of person. This is gonna be a difficult to solve .__.

Yesterday Fileserve knocked out my account. (not paying)
Today Filesonic canceled their affiliates program and filesharing program (not paying)
what will it be for tomorrow?

Internet are doomed! lol.

Btw from what i heard filepost's datacenter located on USA. Will it alright?

i don't think so, i bet most of the filehost owners are freaked out, with the incident last week!

MU is one of the top sites there is. I get that. What I don't get is, if that site is so big, why the hell isn't he staying under the radar? That idiot is in the news all the time, and he practically dared the feds to take him down. What an idiot. Now everyone else is paying for this knucklehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/