Terumi

~Pyon Pyon~
Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Senki Zesshou Symphogear
戦姫絶唱シンフォギア

symphogear.jpg

Two years ago, a pair of idols, Tsubasa Kazanari and Kanade Amō, collectively known as ZweiWing, fought against an alien race known as Noise using armor known as Symphogear. To protect a girl named Hibiki Tachibana, who got severely wounded by the Noise, Kanade sacrificed herself. Two years later, as Tsubasa has fought the Noise alone, Hibiki ends up gaining the same power as Kanade.

Cast: Mizuki Nana, Minami Takayama, Yuuki Aoi, Yuka Iguchi

Original creator: Akifumi Kaneko, Noriyasu Agematsu
Animation Studio: Encourage Films
Director: Tatsufumi Ito
Series Composition: Akifumi Kaneko
Music: Elements Garden

Credits to ANN.

Last edited:
What I got sold to : Mizuki Nana - sama
What I expected : Mahou Shoujo-esque action and fun
What I got : Mix of Nanoha and Madoka?!?!?!?!

Beautiful first episode.

Premiere brought out a lot of impact and foreshadowing, with Hibiki's death already shown, in addition to Kanade's death while saving Hibiki's live. Ironically to say, I was initially sold on the idea of listening to Kanade and Tsubasa (Nana-sama!) live performances, the animation was well done, in addition to the songs from Elements Garden, the guys behind majority of the King Records songs, including Nana-sama.

The Noise monsters look a bit dumb, they may want to improve from there. But other than that, Yuuki Aoi's narration is still fun to follow, especially her 'new-life' after being saved by Kanade, who sang till her death, much to the shock of Tsubasa, and the abovehighlighted death of Hibiki too. Quite shocking to see Tsubasa change from a fragile girl who sticks by her best friend 2 years ago till a slightly colder version of herself who goes solo in killing Noise.

Quite bumped now Kanade's out of picture, hoping that they may flashback her in and out at times, wanna see what plays out the next episodes after that cliff-hangar. Excellent first work! :D

excellent one indeed,action pack battle with singing is quite rare and this one was done perfectly
i really didn't expect thee is gonna be death right of the bat from this anime.seem the plot will be mixed in later continuation for further explaination

yeah the Noise is kinda lame for looking al Jelly-like there.
i'd love to see the continuation of Hibiki's transformation =3

Dance battler, dance battler everywhere. Something that I always want to see since I watch Fate versus Signum in Nanoha A's.
And look!!!! Mizuki Nana, her song is really awesome for battle scene. Most of my Mizuki Nana Fav song are What I call battle song.

Some of the list
Massive WONDER
Scarlet Knight
Justice to Believe
Phantom Minds
Tenku no Canaria
Silent Bible
Unchain World
and of course Symphogear

MEGA DETH PARTY

Anyone who has some high quality grabs from episode for Kurisu will be thanked! :D

This series had so much potential in its bag. Coming off an impressive first few episodes, the later parts of the show simply snowballed to disaster. The all-girls action with swords, guns and missiles and fists were nice, I mean, look at the final episode, completely action-packed. Drama-wise, its quite badly done, especially with Miku. Overall, it was an excellent effort from the company, there was a clear direction of the show after Chris' appearance, awesome songs and music, and decent budget, judging from no failures in clear in the animation or drawing side.

Below are my personal opinions about the bad parts, its is subjective and personal:

1. Yuki Aoi CANT sing. No, hell she cant. Listening to her insert fighting song whenever she transformed makes me wanna plug my ears. You dont get inexperienced girl to sing along with the reigning(and all time best) seiyuu-singer in Mizuki Nana-sama and Takgaki Ayahi, whom I tout as one the better seiyuu-singers along side Tamura Yukari and Kitamura Eri. GAWD, I repeat again, SHE CANT SING, and this will draw me to my next point.

2. Characters are bore. Hibiki as a main character really just doesnt stand out. The first episodes had Tsubasa in lead until she 'damaged' herself, Hibiki's role as the heroine isnt really worth remembering. Her design is bland and tasteless, definitely not someone you would want to remember the show from. Tsubasa too, had little airtime and development. Her character development stems from hallucinating her dead partner, not once, but multiple occasions. Chris is by far, my favorite character. Not because of her angst statements weekly, its because she really does stand out from the others with a real background which one can sympathise from, and cute moments that prove that she isnt really what she wants to appear to be.

Overall, good show. Everyone can look back once they are finished with it and give a thumbs up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
If you don't have a file, can you let me know?