Terumi

~Pyon Pyon~
Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Persona 4

400080-persona_4_the_animation_super.jpg

Persona 4 takes place in the same universe as Persona 3 in a rural town named Inaba. There have been mysterious murders occurring whenever there was fog after heavy rain. There were also rumors about a channel on television airing only at midnight called Mayonaka TV, during which it is said that one can see his/her "other half" when staring at the TV screen.

After hearing about a recent unsolved murder which occurred during the fog, the characters—the main character, Chie, and Yōsuke—discuss how each of them had attempted to watch the mysterious TV channel and witnessed the murder victim. The protagonist later realizes that during midnight when the channel is on, his body can phase into his television set as a gateway to enter another world infested with shadows.

After discovering this, they all decide to explore. When first completely entering the world, dazed and confused, the main character meets Teddie. Mayonaka TV and the town murders seem to have a connection. The murder victims may be merely victims of Mayonaka TV. Everyone decides that they will together try to solve the mysterious murders by exploring the hidden world of Mayonaka TV.

Animation: AIC ASTA
Director: Seiji Kishi
Music: Meguro Shoji
Original Character Design: Shigenori Soejima

Credits to MAL and ANN and picture links.

Decided to create the thread since this was quite popular in all the pre-hype and since airing. Decent show for me, although the game players would doubt seriously with me, as the game was awesome I heard.

Last edited:
Second episode just reminded me why the game is so cool.

Normal episode 1 did not catch too much of my attention, but episode 2 was overall a lot more well-done for me. Narukami should talk more like he did in episode 2, episode 1 was quite the bore. The fights were nice though~

Heard AIC and the series got into trouble, apparently episode 2 was leaked out before airing in Japan, some of the staff actually quitted the production team. Hopefully series isnt affected adversely.

word got out that the animators who quit, said ep2 was badly animated... it looked pretty okay to me, honestly. I do hope the anime can it up amidst the fiasco.

Much more personality coming from Yu compared to the first episode. He could still use a little more, though, beyond just being generally heroic. I think we need to see more of him interacting with Dojima and Nanako at home before we'll get a grip on the character I hope they'll give him. There's only so far being a magical Boy Scout will take you.

The homeroom teacher is a prick... You know, just in case you missed it the first time.

Also: FSTEAK! Poor Chie is adorable when she's distraught. I guess she really does care about them. She's got no qualms about extorting Yosuke for food, though.

Post credits we learn that the first murdered girl was staying at the Amagi inn, and that, apparently, the TV reporter is angling to become the defendant in a harassment lawsuit.

Looks like we'll get evolving credits, as all of the card surrounding Yu are blank except The Fool (his) and The Magician (Yosuke).

It was actually a pretty decent episode. Narukami gets bonus points for witty comments, folding dem paper cranes has to have helped.

Humor was good, but I feel as though they could work on establishing the mood for the serious parts. They played the dark mystery tone, then we got an Adachi nonchalant ramble that overpowered any sinking feeling. We got a sad Chie, then a happy one the very next second. They could have done little things like lowering Adachi's voice and giving Chie a tiny pause/bite of lip (though that's kinda cliche) to set the mood.

Very happy to see Pyro Jack. Plenty of fighting going on. The digitalizing shadow touch is kinda weird. Right now it's a bit intrusive, but not so much and I'll probably adapt soon.

I like how the protagonist said that he's about to cry, and yet he looked so stoic at the same time. lol.

I kinda felt bad for Nanako. She's all by herself at home.

Well, overall it was pretty decent episode.

Oh jesus...

Ara Mitama.....? Seriously.....? The fusion fodder of EVERY smt game since it first appeared with its "brothers"....?

Man, it was nice to see the MC actually using different persona's, but this is just leading up to Jack Frost and cutesy ones galore isn't it....? I know he's not going to summon Marra, Beelzebub, Lucifer, etc., but it's really just pandering, heh..

It has its moments, but I'm just not enjoying the anime very much overall...

Episode 4 was pretty good. The intensity of the battle was done rather nicely.

I like that it fleshes out the backstory more for each character by showing more flashback scenes, something for the game players that already know everything get something new to look forward to. I like how Yosuke fights. So helpful. Only complaint I have right now is the voice distortions for the shadows.

Like Shadow Yukiko at the beginning is suppose to be sound cute and/or alluring, but with the distortion, it loses a lot of the emotion, same at the end when she's going on her bitter rant. It loses the bitterness since most of it just sounds muffled. I like how Yukiko is like 'snow' but her persona element is fire.

I am okay with Persona's 'monster of the week' format which many ppl are complaining about.

That bitch slap fight was epic. I was dying.

I don't know, something just feels, off, with the pacing of the show. I know they have to get through a lot of content, but I think they are kind of rushing things to be honest. I can only assume they are gonna do a LOT of S. Link's if they are blowing through multiple's in a single episode. I mean, that's good and bad, more S. Link's=more story, but each one will be really short and they will have to cut details. Fun episode though.

Whoa, in the beginning Margaret Social Link (Empress) Level Up!!

And Aika made another appearance, this time she deliver Gyuudon to any place you order from,
gotta lol this,, :D

Naoto also made a debut in this eps too, and muscle will be start real from next epsiode,, :D

[-_-]

Margaret can't even resist Brotag's swag. Nanako finally calling Yuu Big Bro ravaged my nutbladder. Yuu was pretty smooth asking Yukiko's number. Kanji was all GET BENT and YOU SAYING I LIKE DUDES this episode. And Aika suddenly out of nowhere.

I was completely satisfied with this episode. Next week, we get a manly episode filled with men doing manly things.

Last edited:
This episode is so wrong yet made me breathless from laughing too hard . Oh Shadow Kanji's awesomeness, Yosuke and Chie's overreactions and Yu's deadpan humour

Though the animation and direction still seemed off at some places, but not that I really mind since I was busy trying to cover my mouth . The fusion summoning scene looked kinda epic here.

Quotes:

Yousuke: Dude, did you see that...?
Yu: Yep.... Want a copy?
Yousuke: HELL NO!

Yukiko / Chie: What's with this water!? AHH!
Yousuke: Yu did you bring a cam recorder?!
Yu: Damn! I don't have it on me at this time.
Chie: HEY!

Yousuke: I feel as if i'm going to witness something irreversible.
Yu: Hrm...
Chie: Ok guys let charge through that door!
Yukiko / Yousuke / Yu / Chie: .................................
Chie: GENTLEMEN FIRST!

Chie: Hey w-e came to re-scue you.
Kanji: YOU DON'T SOUND VERY ENTHUSIASTIC!

Kanji : Senpai, didn't you accept me?
Yu : not at night

Kanji is definitely a good addition.
I mean, he damn freaking hilarious.

Yukiko and Chie in swimsuits?!?!? OH MY GAWD~ <3

Kanji reminds me of a gay hariman kenji (sch rumble)

Persona 4 has officially just gave me the most "laugh-out-loud" moments for the Fall shows And this episode was no different, the [Mysterious Food X] was okay for me, but every thing that came afterwards- especially those that involves...Erm, what's her name again... Ohtani

(Disclaimer: By no means am I discriminating fat people for being fat as I'm sure they just have problems.)

If the day was funny, the night scenes were downright hilarious While I'm sure people are going to get all indignant about the jabs at Kanji's sexuality, it never fails to impress me how the characters in Persona 4 (particularly Narukami and Yousuke) always manages to say the things I wanted to say in my mind, political correctness be damned!

Also, if it isn't obvious enough from the last 2 episodes I like where they're going with the Yousuke-Chie (tsundere-couple) and Narukami-Amagi (Kuudere couple) 'pairing', but at that time it makes sense since there's only 4 of them- now with Rise coming up around the corner, would this change the dynamics of the party? Or with she be lump together with Kanji as underclassmates?

Speaking of Rise, Kugumiya Rie ftw! We need even more unreasonable hatred for this Anime !

VERY generic and full of so many commonly used cliches that it was pretty damn painful....

Wow, the animation just gets worse and worse, episode 9 was pretty absurd in a few scenes..

Adding Kugimiya into the pack was sure nice, although I dont really like her too much after all her repeated tsundere roles, but this was very fresh and nice. Lise is a cute gravure model~ Oh my.

Does she remind you of Nena Trinity anyone? Same voice too.

Other than that, nice to see the group moving onto new ideas and looking out for Lise, whose shock retirement in the showbiz has stirred up some unwanted attention. Just leave the girl alone!

Loving the straight-face Narukami moments when he says embarassing things. Yukiko is starting to scare me.

I can honestly say, I do not want to watch this. I tried playing the game and I hated it -_-.

Despite having all sorts of production problems, this is another entertaining episode. I think that there has been a significant improvement of the storytelling side of things. Setups are working better and the payoffs have been more effective. Even hopelessly generic scenes like Yuu returning Rise's phone strap play out decently. I wonder how good Persona 4 would have been if that had been couple with good production values.

On a slightly different note, I like this kind of performance from Kugimiya Rie a lot more than the roles that she's best known for.

Episode 10 was fun with good action.

I like the way they portrayed the scanning of Rise's shadow and persona. Love the sound effects and way the screen lights up with information.

The way Shadow Kuma and Teddie resolved itself was different.
For the others, they were the ones that accepted the shadow as part of themselves.

For Shadow Kuma, its more the shadow itself that accepted Teddia instead of the other way around.

It looked kind of awkward when the MC fell on top of Rise when Shadow Kuma was sucking everything in.

Rise getting clingy to the MC now after the battle, Yukiko has some competition.

Well, I have to wonder, which girl will the MC go after? Yukiko? Rise? Chie? Naoto? or will do the Harem pimp? (like the game... I did it, and I know that every one of you did it too!!!!!)
My vote will go for Rise, since it showed more development with the MC than Yukiko ever had up to now... And she is from the Lovers Arcana, with means more like it will be the choise... (during P3, the lover arcana Yukari fall in love with the MC, so, I'm gonna apply that science here too)

Riseeeeeeeeeeee....
i like senpai with red hair in ps3.. don't like Yukari.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.

Allwish.me - The best site to watch anime in English Subbed Japanese Dubbed Hindi Telugu Tamil Malyalam Bengali online for Free

hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.