OZC - Translations

Noctaris85

Jan 30, 2013
Hey,

i have a question about the Black Lagoon translation from the OZC Group
and sorry if i opened a thread in the wrong section.
Is this a real translation from japanese to english ?

Because i watched the OZC Black Lagoon Second Barrage Episode 3 ( Swan Song at Dawn ) and from a another Group ( i dont know the name ) the same episode and i noticed that the subs are different.

By the Unknown Group the blonde Nun says * You cold-hearted bitch*
where she shows Revy the middlefinger at 5:41

In the OZC Sub she says * How could you be so cruel ? *

In the English dub however, she says also * You cold-hearted bitch *

More or less they are the same, but this was the biggest difference.

Now i dont know which is the original sub....
For me its important to read the original.

Edit : Now i checked some streams and they all translated it with the cold-hearted.
Is there any reason to change it so hard ?
I mean if its the original, why ?
Most of the swears are gone i just noticed.....
And is there any way to use the sub from the other file for the OZC when its the original ?

Last edited:
ok!.. Since nobody has answered you, i will... These group OZC is not a fansub, is just some encode group like PerfectionHD, Blu-Bits, HDClub, AHD, etc.
Remember that if you are unsatisfied with some translation you can extract the subs, make the necessary corrections and then mux them.

It's been a long time since I watched Black Lagoon, but I would guess it is this: She probably didn't actually use what would be a swear word in Japanese. In the end it is up to the translator to take the intonation and other dialog/character into consideration for what they think the meaning should be. In lots of cases, when translating to English they add a lot of curse-words because using something else doesn't fit so well with the intonation, or doesn't properly express the politeness level the speaker is using.
Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if all they actually said was "cold-hearted", or "you cold-hearted".

Hi and thx for the answers. :)

Ok i understand, but this Groups you listed says nothing to me, because i'm a newbie in this genre.

Yeah that was my second thought about it, but i wanted a clear answer to that. @FinalPyre

Dont get me wrong, i can live without the swearing, i want only to know if this OZC translated the original japanese script.

I hate things like that when subs are so different, as a newbie i dont know which the original script / dialogue is.

If i really want to use that what you suggested, how i do that ? Is there a tutorial for subs ?

I ask because i tried to save the sub from the *nameless* fansub group and then load it with the OZC Version.

But it was useless and of course, the sub has the same name as the Black lagoon file..... i think the file extension were .smi and not .srt like my Ikkitousen Subs, which i found in the world wide web and they work.

I use the Kmplayer for all of my movies, series and animes.

Is that all i need ? @vittusk

Sry for eventually bad english, i'm a german.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
sincy wrote on Shine's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/