How did you get into anime ?

walimd

Jun 11, 2015
How did you get into anime and what was the first anime you watched (knowing that it was anime)

I got into it at the age of 12 when my cousin was watching naruto and I was like ow that's really cool, what is it?
and everything else followed XD

Naruto was my first anime (even tho I had watched pokemon and stuff before but I didn't know it was anime at the time )

Last edited:
Hmm... Well, I guess like ~ 90% from us all at an random look to TV: My anime-fan "carrer" has been started in the middle 90's​ (I'm meanwhile since 20 years in then - YEAH a veteran then xD), with browsing by the channels in TV. The first one was Cat's Eye, Kicker, Pokémon and and and and...xD

Reactions: namalandrcont
first obviously i watched pokemon dbz yu gi oh king of shaman in tv as far as i remember but it didn't pull me into anime world more like
I got into anime after watching code geass, ef a tale of memories/melodies, and some others anime which are still top for me.
But i got into anime for real after realizing my fetishes:P as im into mahou shoujo, lolis, tentacles and some others stuff:) that's how it is i guess?

Reactions: namalandrcont
Watched Dragon Ball Z, Yu Gi Oh, Digimon and Pokemon on tv as a kid and was hooked ever since.

The first anime I watched (without know that it was anime) were Sailor Moon, Detective Conan, Dragon Ball and Pokémon.

After that, the first anime I watched knowing it was anime was Ghost in the Shell (1st Movie) and Black Lagoon (or Chobits, not entirely sure.

I started off by watching One Piece, Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I got home from school 10 years ago, but didn't know exactly what anime was untill 3 years ago when I met a guy that reccomended me some series to watch.

That all originate from a Galgame my friend gave me, in which you will come across pretty girls, and fall in love, and finally find something moving or marvelous. It really attracted me.
Then you know already.

I use to watch dubbed version of Naruto and DragonBallZ on TV in my country (I didn't know they were anime then)
Then when i first got my internet i just happen to stumble upon the english dub of sailor moon on youtube(back then i was just a kid and typed randomly on the youtube search bar)
After watching it i really couldn't contain my excitement and wanted to know more about stories like that and where they came from so thats how my journey began.

Actually what got me into anime were some games I played (Megaman Zero and Starforce), and while searching for similar games, I found a anime based on Starforce.
And I've been watching anime since then.

Life got so boring with the same old pretentious people. I started watching more anime because It was nice to have a genuine good laugh after hanging around a bunch of idiots for so long.

:happywhistle:

Grew up watching anime in Taiwan (Cardcaptor Sakura, Detective Conan, Crayon Shin-chan, Pokemon, Digimon, Keroro, Mermaid Melody (LOL), Naruto, etc.). :D ;)

Found episodes randomly on youtube and thought the art is very interesting then started to watch it:goodtea:

Maaaan... It has been about 20 years, that I with anime started have... - Where then it's heavy to remember, how I got into... But I guess that the easiest answer would be, is: That it me easily liked have at that time...xD

I got into anime very recently, and I think that was like early last year. But I do believe it was 2 years ago in november through january. And my first was Fairy Tail. I have never liked anime before but Fairy Tail changed my view of anime. And now I like it even more no matter what genre it is. But I do not like all types of anime, it has to have a good story and excitement and has to be fun to watch. So I been looking on a few now. So I like watching a few ones now and then. My latest was Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid, if I remember it correctly.

Friends talked about Dragon Ball, I got interested, so I watched it. I later found out it's an anime. After that, I started watching animes.

Once a whiiiiiile back I couldn´t sleep, so at around midnight I turned on the TV and while surfing the channels I found a strange animated movie (Armitage III - Poly Matrix). Then in the closing credits I saw a bunch of japanese names (was fascinated with the culture early on) so I decided to check it out... and the rest is history lulz.

That was thanks to Detective Conan and Yu Yu Hakusho. Both awesome anime/manga i love since childhood.

Some random player I ask in CS:S for what his nickname stood for; Naruto was the first show before I quickly turned to Bleach.
Onward later years I start watching/reading manga being Monster, Berserk, Aku no Hana and so on.

From a young age i was watching anime movie like miyazaki and akira but this was a time when i didn't even know what anime really was, it wasn't until high school when i started watching a few series like trigun and yuyu hakusho then i made some friends who introduced me to more series and movies which started a life long love affair now i have an entire library of manga anime

I just watched Sailor Moon from the DVD set in the table holding our tv and then I got more and more into anime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!