Favorite anime that made you go "WTF" far too many times...

OLD OX

Sep 20, 2011
Let's hear it now people. Im askin for shows that made you dumbstruck and been far too "random" for you too bear. It's personal opinions that counts so everything is allowed. Hopefully this will unveil shows that has been unknown to me up until now.

My top three are definitely

Gyagu Manga Biyori
Sexy Commando Gaiden
Dai Mahou Touge

Even though there are many more these really freaks me out...

Ben-To

The whole premise is insane! Students gather at night in supermarkets, and engage in pitched battles for leftover, half-priced dinners. Each episode is filled with extreme fighting, to save a few yen on a meal!

FLCL
The weirdest anime I have ever watched.
Robots coming out of a kid's head and battling.
Giant Iron in the middle of the city.
Very very very weird anime.

I agree, FLCL is chock full of WTF??? moments.

Lol Baccano and Ou Dorobo Jing~ FLCL was already mentioned so ill leave that as is ;p

Paprika (movie). It started off good but then just left me thinking wtf.

LAIN was a bit wtf. It was very atmospheric.

Paprika (movie). It started off good but then just left me thinking wtf.

LAIN was a bit wtf. It was very atmospheric.

My friend recommended me to watch Paprika and I did. However, since I didn't get much of it perhaps I should watch it again.

When it come to LAIN, It was just an combination of creepy and weird for me.

Adding Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou or Cromartie Highschool as it sometimes is reffered as to the list. Love the character Freddie but everything else aswell as the OP is just weird and strangely cool. The Characters behave normal in their own way but things still get out of hands from time to time. Wakamoto does and excellent job as the robot delinquent Mechazawa.

Otherwise the above posts are really good. Just keep adding to the thread.

I might give Paprika another go too but this time I think I'll read about it first on some forums to see if anyone can provide some insight into the plot. I quite liked LAIN from an artistic perspective, it built tension well and was creepy at times. The plot did get pretty weird though.

I was planning on starting Baccano and FLCL at some point, would anyone recommend them or dis-recommend them?

I might give Paprika another go too but this time I think I'll read about it first on some forums to see if anyone can provide some insight into the plot. I quite liked LAIN from an artistic perspective, it built tension well and was creepy at times. The plot did get pretty weird though.

I was planning on starting Baccano and FLCL at some point, would anyone recommend them or dis-recommend them?

Baccano and FLCL are nice enough~ They were recommended to me which was why i watched them xD

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni(When they cry)

I went WTF a few times during this show.

Ben-To

All throughout, I kept thinking, "You're doing all this for a day old meal?"

Let's see..for me it was:

Hen Zemi (Seriously..I wonder how I even finished watching this...)
Higurashi Naku Koro Ni (Made me go wtf a few times o.o)
Nazo no Kanojo (drooling fetish..wtf?)
Steins;Gate (in a good way, really unexpected twists :o)

school days, Makoto is :wtf:

Totally agree with you. Since I watched School Days before Higurashi It didn't shock me all too much what some shows could do.

Can't remember if someone already mentioned Carnival Phantasm but that one was very weird at some point. Especially memorable was the episode in which they did had a racing competition.

9sfpuf.gif

So far Mawaru Penquindrum- I love how this show spins many genres, it is so much fun to watch

Totally agree with you. Since I watched School Days before Higurashi It didn't shock me all too much what some shows could do.

Can't remember if someone already mentioned Carnival Phantasm but that one was very weird at some point. Especially memorable was the episode in which they did had a racing competition.

9sfpuf.gif

yes, not only the Makoto, but the rest of characters is weird too x_x

lol Carnival Phantasm is supposed to be high level parody so it's normal that many of scene is like that :XD:

Lain and evangelion are the most wtf animes i have ever watched, some things that happened in those series just didnt make any sense...

[MENTION=35259]Leggy[/MENTION] ;I agree, Ben-to was quite ridiculous. Another anime that is quite odd would be "Seikon no Qwaser"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

chocorn wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,
This game update on March 26th
Can you please update it?
kyou159357 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you re-up this mexashare? Thank you.
lulu1104 wrote on Lebedev's profile.
VALENTINE PINK died also
lulu1104 wrote on Lebedev's profile.
HoneyComing re:coming part 9 died all links, can you reupload it please