Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A-Channel

Kou
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Re: A-Channel

Spoiler: episode 11 
    Poor Tooru. Her birthday happens to fall right around the time of testing. This episode was of the sort that felt like K-ON! or Kanamemo. Sure, it manipulated my emotions, but sometimes, I don't mind having my emotions manipulated just a little bit. It's not like it shuts down my brain. Quite a lot of this episode was spent en flashback, and seeing the uniforms of the schools Nagi and Yuuko attended before they came here was nice. Yuuko was always a target of humiliation, even before she had really met Run and started getting wasabi-filled cake.

The end of the episode, with Run realizing next year her friends will be third years, made her the Azusa of this group. Pangs the heart. Don't worry, Tooru. Even if I have to do it myself, I'll write you out a pleasant future. Think of Yutaka and Miporin as your Ui and Jun, and know that your old friends will never be forgotten, and new ones can always be found. These bonds are unbreakable, as expressed in this week's song, "Zutto Kitto Motto" (add one more "Motto" in there and it becomes something else entirely.) by Yuuki Aoi.

Even if there is only one more week, that's okay. Their adventures will continue, even if we're not watching.
    Ignore This Signature

兄と妹はずっと一緒

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered

I prefer Yuuko..her dialect is funny...xD

Me think some characters are taken after K-ON

Kou
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Spoiler: episode 12 
    On today's episode of Denpa Onna Toorun Seishun Point, quite a lot of time is spent at Moz Burger. The gang got a small bear charm out of points found on food and drink, so it was time well spent. The transition between the restaurant and Tooru's home had to be the strangest the show has done. A bizarre dream sequence where Run actually is an alien. For the most part, though, the episode continued the themes established last week - Tooru's worries about the day when her friends have to leave her alone once more. That time is several years off, though, so for now, the little things in life can be appreciated, like bear charms and seeing Yutaka with her eyes open. And Run making little origami cranes - just like another Yuuko.

And trust me, you don't wanna try a durian burger, I like durians but the thought of a durian bugger is creepy, durian and bread don't go hand to hand!

Spoiler: final impressions 
    Unexceptional content + Excellent execution = very enjoyable show!

I liked the subtelty of the show. Nothing's in your face. You can tell that the staff knew and liked their characters. The characters were the main draw for me. I'm going to miss them more than any other ensemble this season.

But I also liked the way they animated scenery: from falling cherry petals, to fireworks, to cracking ice puddles. It was all very pretty. And Nagi's vision of Run standing under her "zebra" is an image I'll never forget.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show. The presentation was slick, the soothing atmosphere, the characters are endearing, and whoever approved the Phineas & Ferb-esque idea of putting a new insert song in every episode deserves a pat on the back. Is it an obvious ploy for money? Of course it is. But it's music. I don't particularly care how obvious it is.

Now, Run, Tooru. Trace out that bright future!
    Last edited by Kou; June 26th, 2011 at 07:44 PM.
    Ignore This Signature

兄と妹はずっと一緒

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information